Family in Mexico?

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » Family in Mexico?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 01:09 pm
Family in Mexico?
I found this forum while doing research about a "group" a friend of mine became involved in.
Does the "family' have members in Mexico?
Do you ex'es ever get threats or retaliation from the 'family"?
You are quite brave.

Thorwald 1

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 04:13 pm
Hi. Yes. The Family International (aka The Children of God) are in and have been in Mexico since the early 70s. In the past, they had very large centres and training camps (ie, TTC). They remain active throughout Mexico to this day.

Some of the cities they have been known to be active in include:
- Mexico DF
- Monterey
- Guadalajara (sp?)
- Acapulco
- Pueblo
- etc.

Anonymous

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 05:49 pm
Mexico...............thank you
Thanks for your reply.
How about in Sonora?

Jack 2

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 04:35 pm
I spoke to a current Family member (the only one I am still in contact with) who lives in Guadalajara. He met Zerby & Co. there as recently as last year.

Anonymous

Reply Fri 28 Jul, 2006 11:17 pm
Re: Family in Mexico?
Guest wrote:
I found this forum while doing research about a "group" a friend of mine became involved in.
Does the "family' have members in Mexico?
Do you ex'es ever get threats or retaliation from the 'family"?
You are quite brave.

I think it's the other way around. It's the exers who sometimes threaten the family. Laughing

WalkerJ 1

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 10:12 pm
Re: Family in Mexico?
New guest wrote:
I think it's the other way around. It's the exers who sometimes threaten the family. Laughing

It's true that some immature exers or people claiming to be ex-members have made threats to current Family members.

I have, however, been on the receiving end of threats (all, so far, have proven to be empty) by people claiming to be either Family members or friends of The Family.

It's bound to happen in any circle of society. There are always going to be a few people who cannot grasp the concept of non-polarized issues and will resort to immoral actions to gain a sense of validation of their beliefs.

evanman

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 02:42 am
I don't think that I have ever been threatened since leaving.

I can remember often being threatened when I was in CoG/TF by people in leadership. Threatened with God's judgements for disobeying the leaders.

Others were threatened with losing their children and partners.

Threatened with missing out on meals for not meeting quotas. Threatened with having to stay out all night unless we met quotas, and having to get permission to come home if we still hadn't met them.

So it's all relative, really.

the biggest threat that I can remember was to be thrown out and "handed over to Satan!"

The amount of spiritual, mental and physical abuse that people had to endure during the years I was a member was wrong and criminal.

Piram

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 01:45 pm
evanman wrote:
I don't think that I have ever been threatened since leaving.

I can remember often being threatened when I was in CoG/TF by people in leadership. Threatened with God's judgements for disobeying the leaders.

Others were threatened with losing their children and partners.

Threatened with missing out on meals for not meeting quotas. Threatened with having to stay out all night unless we met quotas, and having to get permission to come home if we still hadn't met them.

So it's all relative, really.

the biggest threat that I can remember was to be thrown out and "handed over to Satan!"

The amount of spiritual, mental and physical abuse that people had to endure during the years I was a member was wrong and criminal.

Thankfully, I didn´t undergo much physical abuse, but the spiritual and mental abuse was very real and very cruel. I remember thinking to myself, "If this is God´s movement, He´ll eventually purge cruel and unfair treatment from TF". However, it went on for the duration of my membership in TF, and judging from the research I have done, long after I left. I am glad I left.

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » Family in Mexico?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 09:59:21