and yet another glossary term...

1. xFamily
  2. » Contact Editors
  3. » and yet another glossary term...

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 02:09 am
and yet another glossary term...
Hey, remember "work's trip"... if you didn't do something "in the spirit" you were on a "work's trip". Rolling Eyes

Monger 1

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 08:17 am
Good one. Smile

(By the way, what about keeping the glossary term recommendations in one thread?)

news snoop

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 03:03 pm
Good idea!
Sounds good... which tread, though? Razz

Monger 1

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 04:00 pm
Take your pick from any on this topic (including this one). Wink

Acheick

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 05:52 pm
glossary terms thread
OK - that sounds good - this could be the "glossary terms thread" - those are always fun - laughing at the stupid, Evil or Very Mad idiotic sounding TF/COG speak language they made up.

News snoop reminded me of the one about being "in the flesh" - we were "in the flesh" as opposed to "in the spirit" if we did such things as "vain babble" or watch "system" shows or listen to "worldly" music.

Of course, it was a "work's trip" if we got too holier than though, but if we didn't then we were "in the flesh" - I could never reconcile that one.

Monger 1

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 06:00 pm
Re: glossary terms thread
Acheick wrote:
Of course, it was a "work's trip" if we got too holier than though, but if we didn't then we were "in the flesh"

That's a good distinction between the two terms. And "vain babble" wasn't yet listed in the glossary (I just added it)...thanks!

By the way, anyone is welcome to help write definitions for these terms. All red links in the list don't yet have an associated article.

Acheick

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 06:09 pm
no problem
any time - I'm still pretty much brainwashed with all those terms. I still catch myself using those old terms and have to consciously think about what I'm saying or shouldn't say. Like saying, "thanks for 'sharing' that (as in relating a story) with me. Or using "sharing" for having sex. Every once in awhile, we'll crack up laughing over using an old term from TF. They still slip out somehow.

evanman

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 04:49 am
All these articles. Some are so contraversial. Aren't you afraid of the "Romans"?

news snoop

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 07:25 pm
Here are three more
These may already have been posted but... remember:

1. going through it ("it" is a trial)
2. on guard (of course against the enemy's attacks)
3. (in the) dumps (according to the ML... it's discouragement) Mr. Green

Anonymous

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 06:55 am
Flesh the toilet?
My "flesh" family. My "flesh" mother! I'm a "flesh" Jew. You're seeing things with your "flesh" eyes. You're "leaning on the arm of the flesh." Yep, that's right. I have a body and there are people who are biologically related to me.

news snoop

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 03:14 am
How about this phrase...
"keep it in check"... like stay on guard about your weaknesses... don't let yourself stray too far...

WalkerJ 1

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 06:27 am
Re: How about this phrase...
news snoop wrote:
"keep it in check"... like stay on guard about your weaknesses... don't let yourself stray too far...

I've heard that phrase in use outside TF both in business and casual environments and would tend to think that its meaning is widely understood.

news snoop

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 04:07 pm
"Keep in check"...
Well, well... I guess the Family does teach the "system" some things afterall!!!! ROTFL Razz

evanman

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 11:21 am
"Don't sew your sleeping-bag to your mattress!"

Acheick

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 08:46 am
Family material
Remember when we were looking for new disciples, someone could be rejected if they weren't "family material"?

news snoop

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 04:05 pm
So that means...
all of us FGA's were "Family material"??? Ooooo it makes my skin crawl. I also remember looking at our catacombers and sort of discerning if they were "children of David" or not.
What was that quote... it's not enough to love Jesus, but you have to hate the system as well...
So in our search for "bellwhethers" we had to find those people who were sick of the "system' and could stomach the unadulterated pure words of Berg.

God forgive me. Embarrassed

1. xFamily
  2. » Contact Editors
  3. » and yet another glossary term...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 01:26:03