Family Care Foundation/The Children of God/The Family Cult

1. xFamily
  2. » Legal & Abuse
  3. » Family Care Foundation/The Children of God/The Family Cult

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 11:49 am
Family Care Foundation/The Children of God/The Family Cult
How can we raise awarness that FCF is a front for TF? When people Google FCF there is no mention of TF on their website and many people who wish to give money to an NGO (non goverment organisation) are likely to be fooled. with no idea of the connections.

I have also heard Loreal the cosmetic company give them donatons.

Thorwald 1

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 06:21 pm
That's what this site, xFamily.org, is all about: raising awareness about TFI. We, of course, are always interested in other ideas.

Anonymous

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 10:46 am
And you all do such a great job. Thank you.

Perry Bulwer

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 01:37 pm
@Anonymous,
"How can we raise awarness that FCF is a front for TF?"

One thing I do is contact companies after I become aware that they have donated to TFI. For example, just yesterday I was alerted to the fact that a hotel in Vancouver, Canada had donated a room to a TFI family on their way to China. That information was posted on the hotel's blog, so I submitted a comment to the blog informing them that they had been conned. I supplied several links to pages on sites like xfamily.org and exfamily.org as well as to some news articles. I also included my contact email. So far, the hotel has not posted my comment to the blog, and I don't expect they will. I'll give them a few days to consider my comments and research the links, and if still no reply I will pursue the matter by contacting a manager. I'm going to suggest that next time they want some PR by offering a little charity they should start in their back yard and help the homeless, for example, since they are in the business of housing people (temporarily). see this link to the hotel's blog: http://www.stregishotel.com/blog/?p=503 You might even want to contact them yourself.

Admittedly, this only works after the fact, but raising awareness by educating people about the group takes time. Hopefully, this hotel will think twice and do due diligence next time. And perhaps I can persuade a manager to warn other hoteliers in the city about the group, or at least get contact info of who to inform in the industry.

Obviously, that is only one small strategy, but it's better than doing nothing, and maybe over time if enough people do that it will have some effect. I don't think there are too many businesses willing to be associated with a group with a well-founded history of child abuse.

By the way, I found out about that hotel giving to TFI through a Google alert. I don't know about other email programs, but Google has an excellent alert function and I have set alerts for numerous words and phrases. You can catch a lot of stuff that you might otherwise miss by simply browsing and searching.

hurdygurdy

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 03:58 am
@Perry Bulwer,
You go through all that trouble? I don't see the point...unless you have a LOT of time in your hands, which I don't.

1. xFamily
  2. » Legal & Abuse
  3. » Family Care Foundation/The Children of God/The Family Cult
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 03:46:00