Convicted Family sex offender: Anyone recognize this perp?

1. xFamily
  2. » Legal & Abuse
  3. » Convicted Family sex offender: Anyone recognize this perp?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 08:23 am
Convicted Family sex offender: Anyone recognize this perp?
http://www.movingon.org/article.asp?sID=8&Cat=33&ID=3979

This link is a first-person story about a Family member who was convicted for aggravated sexual assault of a minor. The person telling the story--Christina--identified her perpetrator as Gerald Curran and states further information can be found on him at http://www.familywatchdog.com. If you go to that site, you can look at a good photo of him by entering his name and state in the search engine. Curran is a registered sex offender in Rockford, Illinois.

This is an important story for a couple of reasons. First, it provides evidence that Family members have been convicted of sex crimes against children in TF. Second, it details the way in which Family leadership have handled allegations of these crimes--i.e., by pressuring the victim to forgive the perp and not press charges. (They like to boast there have been no convictions. Well, duh. There won't be any convicted perps if the victims don't press charges.) Finally, official Family suppression of the story is linked to two individuals--Christina's older brother and sister-in-law--who have posted statementse on myconclusion.com that denies abuse occurred in the Family.

Christina will be telling more of her story at MO as she finds time. In the meantime, I'm wondering if any former members can identify him by his Family aliases.

Peter Frouman

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 04:44 am
I've gone ahead and started an article at

http://www.xfamily.org/index.php/Gerald_P._Curran

It is still missing quite a bit of information, especially about his history in The Family, so any corrections or additional information would be very useful.

The photo is probably very recent (I think they have to take a new one at least once a year) so people who knew him back in the day might not recognize him. A few years in prison (especially for a child molester) would probably alter anyone's appearance quite a bit. Hopefully we can find some older photographs as well.

winter 1

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 07:25 pm
Dear Lord, that poor girl. I'm speechless.

mrs reaper

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2007 02:18 pm
why oh why cant we have this kind of sex offenders search in england??? i have 3 wonderful children and would love to know just how safe we are where we live

evanman

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 08:38 am
The reason for this is simple, the British people have a tendency towards vigilantism. One case was a children's doctor who was attacked because the brass plaque on her practice said that she was a paediatrician (Children's Doctor) and people thought that this meant Paedophile! The worst example was that of Geoff Cole, aged 58, who was raped and beaten while taking his dogs for a walk in the Glyncastle area of Resolven last October. Police say he is totally innocent and praised him for waiving his right to anonymity to help catch the perpetrators.

There are too many cases of people wrongly accused because they share the same name, or look like a named perpetrator.

m 2

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 12:12 pm
Of course, the attackers must have been quite fucking stupid to think a paedophile would have a plaque stating the fact. Not to mention of course the stupidity required to read "paediatrician" but hear "paedophile".

mrs reaper

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 02:52 pm
i agree that some would use this information to bad effect BUT as a mother of 3 i think its fair that i know of known offenders in my area but to be honest its the ones that are not known or slip under the net hat are the most worrying.AND im sure if you researched vigilanties are world wide NOT just england.

Anonymous

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 04:05 pm
Re: Convicted Family sex offender: Anyone recognize this perp?
what a surprise another sex offender in the COG!!!!
sick sick sick, i would happily castrate him myself and also any one else who thinks it is ok to abuse children!

tyciol 2

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 12:09 am
Um, not all sex offenders think it's okay to abuse children.

Hell, not even all child abusers think it's okay, a lot of them regret it and hate people who do it and may simply not realize that they themselves did it.

Arssle

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 09:13 pm
Tyciol, I'm willing to give you the benefit of a doubt here, but your posts are starting to creep me out. Where does this inherent knowledge of pedophiles and sexual predators come from?

Anonymous

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 09:24 am
The man convicted of child rape is the paternal uncle of my ex-husband, Ian Curran. He currently lives in Illinois and has been compliant with registering as a sex-offender (as far as I know). I have a child with my ex-husband, so you can imagine I have taken extra precautions to ensure that this man is never in contact, nor does he even see my daughter.

Anonymous

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 09:31 am
Re:
I believe the abuse occurred within the United States (the venue was Illinois). I have pulled all court documentation with respect to this particular case and, for lack of a better term, the case was open and shut. Here is his registration:

http://www.isp.state.il.us/sor/offenderdetails.cfm?SORID=E00B1840&CFID=18430407&CFTOKEN=11579665&jsessionid=b0308f8cde74$CF$3B$C

1. xFamily
  2. » Legal & Abuse
  3. » Convicted Family sex offender: Anyone recognize this perp?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 03:06:23