Age Restrictions for Sexual Relationships

1. xFamily
  2. » Legal & Abuse
  3. » Age Restrictions for Sexual Relationships

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

max 1

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 12:09 pm
Age Restrictions for Sexual Relationships
For those of you who are being misinformed by hostile apostates on this site I should like to make it known that the policy of TFI with respect to the above subject is as follows.
It is by necessity somewhat lengthy.
Regards & God Bless You All
Max
The Charter codifies limitations on age ranges of sexual interaction permitted to full-time Family disciples. As a fellowship active in over 100 countries, these limitations have been crafted bearing in mind the laws regulating sexual interaction in the majority of the countries around the world. These limitations are strictly enforced in the interest of the protection of Family minors. In countries where the legal age of consent is higher than the Family's Charter guidelines, the laws of the land must be adhered to (xx, 94).
Family young people assume full adulthood at 18, at which time they may engage in consensual sexual relations with members 18 and over. The Family's Charter permits 16- and 17-year-old members to engage in sexual interaction, if they so desire, but only with consenting partners ages 16 through 20.
Teenagers are educated as to the responsibility of engaging in sexual interaction, and those 16 and 17 years of age must have the permission of their parents or resident guardians to engage in any sexual relations. Teenagers aged 14 and 15 may date others aged 14 through 17, but only with parental permission; any sexual interaction is strictly limited to kissing and petting. No sexual interaction is permitted for those under the age of 14.
Members 18 years and older who have any sexual interaction with minors under 14 will be excommunicated from Family membership. It is an excommunicable offense for members 21 and over to engage in sexual contact or sexual relations with those under 18.

Protection of Minors
We are diametrically opposed to any form of abuse or exploitation of children whatsoever, and our membership is resolute in its agreement to abide by this position under penalty of excommunication from our fellowship.
In the United States, child abuse has been rated a national epidemic, with estimates ranging as high as one in six children having suffered sexual abuse.6 In April 1997, a survey in the Ukraine revealed that every fifth or sixth child of both sexes under 18 suffers from sexual harassment. In Japan, out of 350 women students surveyed, 68 percent had been sexually abused during childhood. In India, sex crimes have increased by 37 percent in the past five years.
These distressing statistics are no doubt repeated in many other countries. Children and adolescents are vulnerable and need special protection, a need that has been recognized by the Family. We have taken stringent measures to ensure that the minors in our communities are protected from any sort of abuse, whether physical, sexual, emotional, psychological, or otherwise. We are confident that the guidelines set down in The Charter for our communities in this regard afford our children a safe and protected environment.
Our strict policy disallowing sexual interaction between adults and underage minors was not always clearly stated in our literature. It was with great dismay that we came to realize that during a transitional stage of our movement, from 1978 until approximately 1985, there were cases when minors were subject to sexually inappropriate advances. In hindsight, we realize we should have anticipated potential problems arising from our liberal stance toward sexuality and established more stringent rules. This was corrected officially in 1986, when any contact between an adult and minor (any person under 21 years of age) was rendered an excommunicable offense. This was revised in March 2003 to 18 years of age.
The Family's success in protecting our children and ensuring their well-being has been documented by independent and court-appointed investigations in five different countries in the early 1990s of almost 700 children living in Family communities (approximately 17% of our children). After extensive physical, psychological, and educational testing, all of the children were found to be healthy with no sign of abuse. This speaks clearly to the enforcement of policies in place to safeguard children in Family communities.7

Craven de Kere 1

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 12:22 pm
Re: Age Restrictions for Sexual Relationships
max wrote:
For those of you who are being misinformed by hostile apostates on this site

Please provide a link to this alleged misinformation so that it may be corrected. Unless of course you are just bullshitting as I expect.

Anonymous

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 12:31 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
max wrote:

Please provide a link to this alleged misinformation so that it may be corrected. Unless of course you are just bullshitting as I expect.

If you can not find the truth then that is your probelem.
It is based on the current TFI charter so that should be easy to find even for a hostile apostate.
Try and use your brain and do not expect people to do everything for you.
God loves you

Max aka Guest

Piram

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 02:04 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
max wrote:

"If you can not find the truth then that is your probelem."
WOW! What a quote! Is that out of the Bible, or perhaps one of the most inspired MLs? :wink:
"It is based on the current TFI charter so that should be easy to find even for a hostile apostate."
Confused Which kind of a "hostile apostate" are you, Craven? 1. one who has renounced or forsaken his religious faith or given up his moral allegiance. 2. renegade.(Source: Webster´s Third New International Dictionary)
"Try and use your brain and do not expect people to do everything for you."
Here you are essentially told that you are not using your brain and that you "expect people to do everything for you" -- all that from a "loving servant of God"! Tender mercies! Shocked
"God loves you"
The icing on the cake. Don´t you understand how much God loves you, you hostile apostate, you? :wink:

max 1

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 01:03 pm
Piram wrote:
Craven de Kere wrote:
max wrote:

WOW! What a quote! Is that out of the Bible, or perhaps one of the most inspired MLs? :wink:
"It is based on the current TFI charter so that should be easy to find even for a hostile apostate."
Confused Which kind of a "hostile apostate" are you, Craven? 1. one who has renounced or forsaken his religious faith or given up his moral allegiance. 2. renegade.(Source: Webster´s Third New International Dictionary)
Here you are essentially told that you are not using your brain and that you "expect people to do everything for you" -- all that from a "loving servant of God"! Tender mercies! Shocked
"God loves you"
The icing on the cake. Don´t you understand how much God loves you, you hostile apostate, you? :wink:

I was trying to tell him to get of his backside and do something for himself.
I was not quoting from the Bible but stating what to most people is common sense.
I am not craven.
Now I know that the Vandari are at work on you as well!
Christ told us that "all who live Godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution."
His words hold true today as they always have.
Max

evanman

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 01:49 pm
If Berg were alive today he would be excommunicated wouldn't he?

Piram

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 03:41 pm
max wrote:
Piram wrote:
Craven de Kere wrote:
max wrote:

"God loves you"

I was not quoting from the Bible but stating what to most people is common sense.
I am not craven.
Christ told us that "all who live Godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution."
Max

Yes, "Max", you are not Craven, and if you had paid more attention to my post, you would have realized that I was not addressing you, but Craven.
BTW, what gives you the right to speak for "most people"?
Yes, according to the scriptures, the godly "shall suffer persecution". But not only the godly suffer persecution.* Do you need examples?

* And what some call persecution, others call "critical thinking, and acting in consequence".

max 1

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 04:00 pm
Piram wrote:
max wrote:
Piram wrote:
Craven de Kere wrote:
max wrote:

"God loves you"

I am not craven.
Max

Yes, "Max", you are not Craven, and if you had paid more attention to my post, you would have realized that I was not addressing you, but Craven.
BTW, what gives you the right to speak for "most people"?
Yes, according to the scriptures, the godly "shall suffer persecution". But not only the godly suffer persecution.* Do you need examples?

* And what some call persecution, others call "critical thinking, and acting in consequence".

I have plenty of examples thank you and you have now provided me with another one, namely yourself.
I thank you for that.
Your statement no longer merits further comment by myself.
I have to catch a flight am tomorrow on business, so I have to leave you with your thoughts and beliefs.
I do hope you can sleep at night.

God Bless and remember it's all about making a difference.
Max

Anonymous

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 05:55 pm
God Bless and remember it's all about making a difference.
Max[/quote]

Yeah, the good ole Family, always making a difference. Too bad that difference couldn't be devastation a little less often.

Craven de Kere 1

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 10:14 pm
max wrote:

I have not said anything about having a problem with 'finding the truth'. I've asked you to substantiate your claim and you have avoided doing so.

Quote:
It is based on the current TFI charter so that should be easy to find even for a hostile apostate.

I've asked you nothing about the charter. I've asked you to substantiate your claim of disinformation being disseminated on this site.

Quote:

Given the reading incomprehension you are exhibiting I am not sure I'm the one needing use of a brain here.

Let's try this again:

- You alledge misinformation on this site.
- I am asking you to substantiate your claim.

Mine is not to substantiate your claims for you Max. I can only conclude it was an intellectually bankrupt allegation.

Piram

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 11:46 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
max wrote:

I have not said anything about having a problem with 'finding the truth'. I've asked you to substantiate your claim and you have avoided doing so.

Quote:

I've asked you nothing about the charter. I've asked you to substantiate your claim of disinformation being disseminated on this site.

Quote:

Given the reading incomprehension you are exhibiting I am not sure I'm the one needing use of a brain here.

Let's try this again:

- You alledge misinformation on this site.
- I am asking you to substantiate your claim.

Mine is not to substantiate your claims for you Max. I can only conclude it was an intellectually bankrupt allegation.

Craven, it appears that I, and, I suspect, yourself as well, have been "weighed" on max´s fantasy "divine scales" and "found wanting" and no longer "merit" an answer. What sad irony that Mene Mene was "found wanting" on those scales, too (very conveniently fitting her name, eh?)-- but, of course, she was in a more vulnerable position and it was harder for her to defend herself.

But I can find "consolation" in max´s "sincere" desire that I can "sleep at night". Well, knowing that my now grown-up kids are educated, independent, and are fending for themselves instead of being exploited mercilessly, or committing suicide because of cruel abuse, I must admit, helps me to sleep better at night.

evanman

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 01:16 pm
Max hasn't even commented on my comment about Berg being excommunicated if he were alive today.

max 1

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 11:12 am
evanman wrote:
Max hasn't even commented on my comment about Berg being excommunicated if he were alive today.

The Reverend David Berg is not alive and I do not deal in hypothetical questions.
Next you will be saying that Jesus, Mohamed et al would be excommunicated!
You should be ashamed of yourself for saying such things!
I know that you hate me and members of TFI but, and I will quote

"Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you."
Joh.3:13 (See also Matt.10:36)

Love & Forgiveness

Max

Piram

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 11:39 am
max wrote:

... I do not deal in hypothetical questions.

I know that you hate me and members of TFI

"I know that you hate me and members of TFI"?
That sounds rather hypothetical to me!!! Laughing
Rather self-contradictory and paranoid, too... :wink:

Anonymous

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 11:50 am
Piram wrote:
max wrote:

... I do not deal in hypothetical questions.

I know that you hate me and members of TFI

"I know that you hate me and members of TFI"?
That sounds rather hypothetical to me!!! Laughing
Rather self-contradictory and paranoid, too... :wink:

Your response is facile & does not merit further comment.

Love And Forgiveness

Max aka Guest

evanman

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 04:14 pm
I do not hate anybody!

I do not hate you Max. i might hate things you believe, or things you may do, or even don't do, but I definately have no time for hating people.

It is very sad that you should think so.

Piram

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2006 12:36 am
evanman wrote:
I do not hate anybody!

I do not hate you Max. i might hate things you believe, or things you may do, or even don't do, but I definately have no time for hating people.

evanman, that´s why I said that business about "I know that you hate me and members of TFI" sounded rather hypothetical to me! -- How can this individual "know" he is "hated" by anybody on this board? Has anybody clearly expressed personal hatred for him? I certainly abhor things done by members of TF, but I don´t believe in wasting my energy on hate. Justice is another thing. I´m all for bringing criminals to justice, regardless of the organization they belong to. Again, this paranoiac reaction is something I see as inculcated by TF as a defense mechanism against anything that would question the TF "way of doing things"; if you never hypothesize - and an hypothesis is: "a proposition tentatively assumed in order to draw out its logical or empirical consequences and so test its accord with facts that are known or may be determined"* -- then it would seem that you never tentatively assume anything, and you only wish to assume an all-encompassing reality of "absolutes" where nothing in that "reality" is questionable -- in this case, "reality" according to TF´s precepts. Why does max affirm that he and TF are "hated" on this forum? I suspect it´s because he has been told this, in no uncertain terms, by his superiors in the organization -- which then makes it an "absolute" and unquestionable. Sad.

*Source: Webster´s Third New International Dictionary.

max 1

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2006 05:21 am
evanman wrote:
I do not hate anybody!

I’m pleased to hear Evanman, it brings joy to my heart and perhaps you are not a backslider after all?
Well I am off horse racing.
I have a friend who has a horse called “Fire & Rainâ€

Piram

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2006 06:57 am
Aren´t you thrilled, evanman? Hey, "maybe you´re not a backslider after all"!!! :wink:

Anonymous

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2006 11:49 am
Piram wrote:
Aren´t you thrilled, evanman? Hey, "maybe you´re not a backslider after all"!!! :wink:

You should speak for yourself and not for other people, but maybe you have nothing else or better to do?
Why can you not or are unable to respond to the points that I confront you with?
Are you a man, woman, girl or boy?
Make your mind up woman!
Did you know that this site has recruited more members to TFI than there are backsliders?
Thank you.
Please excuse any grammatical errors in advance.
You should listen to what I say before I am forbidden from using a site of
hostile apostates

Love & God Bless

Max aka Guest

1. xFamily
  2. » Legal & Abuse
  3. » Age Restrictions for Sexual Relationships
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 02:57:01