Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 01:16 pm
What is the purpose of this site
I dont get the purpose of this site.

Indian Joe 1

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 01:31 pm
Re: What is the purpose of this site
ruth wrote:

Have you just been reading the message boards? Or have you been on to the main site where the actual articles are?

The main site is located at:

http://www.xfamily.org

There is an article here that explains the purpose of the website.

Anonymous

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 11:46 am
site
I have read a bit to get an idea of what happened but dont really know what this site can help with you dont do anything about all that happened to children. the media always pounces on stories of this sort . Get help. What do you want ppl to do ?? read this and then what????Poor you !!!

Monger 1

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 12:35 pm
ruth wrote:

As is stated in the article Indian Joe linked to above, xFamily.org is a reference resource.

ruth wrote:
What do you want ppl to do ?? read this and then what????

A reference resource of this sort can be of help to a variety of people for a variety of reasons. There is no official agenda behind this site, other than to exhaustively document information about The Family International cult objectively. Everyone here may have their own reasons for involvement, but xFamily's editors are required to reconcile any of their own objectives with the site's mission statement. I am personally involved because I am a fan of information.

Anonymous

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 07:53 am
purpose of this site
Its true , ome ppl really thrive on GOSSIP. Cos I see no reason to post things on any site just for information as no one person there has resolved what happend to them and jsut want to post it for "reference resource" FOR WHAT???How does it help if you or the ones posted such sites did not get help. It s a lousy site.

Peter Frouman

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 08:34 am
Re: purpose of this site
ruth wrote:
Its true , ome ppl really thrive on GOSSIP. Cos I see no reason to post things on any site just for information as no one person there has resolved what happend to them and jsut want to post it for "reference resource" FOR WHAT???How does it help if you or the ones posted such sites did not get help. It s a lousy site.

Ruth,
It seems you have (perhaps intentionally) completely misunderstood the purpose of xFamily.org. We are NOT judges, prosecutors, psychologist, social activists or some sort of support group for abuse survivors - we are simply collecting, archiving and publishing information about the Children of God/The Family cult.

Our mission is not to "resolve" problems or get help for anyone. It is simply to " to exhaustively document information about The Family/Children of God objectively." Nothing more and nothing less.

Your message seems to suggest that we should delay our project until every abuse survivor has gotten help, obtained justice or some type of final resolution. That is clearly absurd. Our great-great-grandchildren would probably be long dead by the time someone like you decided it was the right time to begin. If other individuals and organizations that collect, archive and publish information were to adopt your approach, there would be no history.

If historians, journalists, librarians, and other professionals adopted your approach there would be virtually no sources of information still available by the time their distant descendants began the work you think should be delayed until everything is resolved, victims get help, justice, etc.

Anonymous

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 02:48 pm
purpose
keep posting your articles if it helps you although I dont see how. What when there are no more articles to collect from supposedly kids cos kids dont remain kids forever. Are you going to create them. there is a purpose in life. Do you have one?

Oh yeah, I had some cookies and fruit for snack just now and will go jogging later and watch a movietonight. Just posting this for infomation sake.

Your are neither a historian,journalist or librarian ,
whyare you posting this??

Peter Frouman

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 03:50 pm
Re: purpose
ruth wrote:
keep posting your articles if it helps you although I dont see how.

I guess you missed the part where I said I'm not here to help anyone.
ruth wrote:

What when there are no more articles to collect from supposedly kids cos kids dont remain kids forever. Are you going to create them.

That makes absolutely no sense. No one here is collecting articles from "supposedly kids" (whatever the hell that means) and I don't see how the Church of Satan (cos) is relevant to whatever you are trying (but absolutely failing) to communicate.
ruth wrote:

Oh yeah, I had some cookies and fruit for snack just now and will go jogging later and watch a movietonight. Just posting this for infomation sake.

Food consumption, exercise and entertainment viewing are human activities that many professionals are keenly interested in documenting. While no here cares about your specific activities in the early part of the 21st century, information about these activities is being collected by millions of people all over the world.

ruth wrote:

Actually, while I don't work professionally in those fields, I do have degrees in history and journalism and I did take a couple courses at a school specializing in library and information science.

WalkerJ 1

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 06:39 pm
Re: purpose
ruth wrote:
whyare you posting this??

Because this information is either not available through any other source, or the disparate bits of information that form an understanding of the whole have never been collectively posted.

Anonymous

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 08:52 pm
It is wonderful that this place is here.

There are millions of websites on the internet..more than that even.

Some are wonderful, some are not..though it is really a matter of opinion.

Something else that is wonderful is that if you do not like a website, you can just not visit it again. That is what I do.

Peace to you all, and God Bless.

Anonymous

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 04:12 pm
if you dont like the site then why do you keep posting?
confused????

1. xFamily
  2. » Legal & Abuse
  3. » What is the purpose of this site
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 06:21:21