can we forgive and forget

1. xFamily
  2. » Legal & Abuse
  3. » can we forgive and forget

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 02:00 pm
can we forgive and forget
seems like a lot of ppl here harp on the past hurts and can t move on. gotta forgive and forget if you really say you wanna follow jesus

Thorwald 1

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 04:07 pm
ruth wrote:
gotta forgive and forget if you really say you wanna follow jesus

Sorry. I have never been accused of wanting to follow Jesus and I never intend to, but thanks anyway.

Anonymous

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 12:01 pm
forgive and forget
no one is ACCUSING you of following Jesus. its the gripes ppl have against others and then talk about doing the christian thing. Do you have any ideals or principles you live by????Hope so cos cant have a noodle for a backbone,right!

Thorwald 1

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 01:41 pm
Ruth,

Don't you think it is a bit insensitive to tell us former second-generation members (ie, the ones who were born-and-raised into this group and never chose to be Christians) to "forgive and forget" when we are trying to seek justice for the abuse we suffered?

It is difficult to forgive and forget when the very people who abused you will not even acknowledge that they have done anything wrong to you. It is even more difficult when they go out of their way to call you a "liar" and denounce and "pray against" you. And then, to add insult to injury, we have people like you come along and tell us to just "move on" and "forgive and forget".

ruth wrote:
Do you have any ideals or principles you live by????

Yes, Ruth. I have ideals and principles I live by. Thank you for your concern. In case you don't know, an atheist does not equal an immoral person. In fact, I think I know more moral atheists than I do Christians. I am, however, not an atheist; I am an agnostic. For me, there is insufficient evidence to prove that there is a god and there is, likewise, insufficient evidence to prove that there is no god.

ruth wrote:
Hope so cos cant have a noodle for a backbone,right!

You know. I don't even speak to children like that. I will give you the benefit of the doubt here . . . but you come across a bit self-righteous.

Anonymous

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 03:56 pm
forgive and forget
Sorry if I touched the wrong nerve or offended you. What you believeor not is none of my business but if you really want closure with what happend to you or ppl you know , there are other ways to get it . Have you really tried talking to the ones who did these things and if yes they must have responded in some way cos its a pretty serious accusation and you can take legal action with these kind of offenses.
I dont think that you made any effort to di it but just want to hang someones dirty laundry out there and "poor me" to get all this attention. It is not gonna help .
Are you doing this to help the situation? All the complaining??
Do something about it. you have names and information on ppl.
I dont think you are a child cos the way you try to be all knowledgable about things. But then I dont know what youconsider a child.

Anonymous

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 04:01 pm
forgive and forget
an atheist==an ignorant person. the fool hath said in his heart there is no god. I am not a bible scholar but this much I know. Oh i keep forgetting that you may not even believe what the bible says. maybe you can tell me what you believe in so I can get an idea what an atheist is.

Indian Joe 1

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 06:28 am
Re: forgive and forget
ruth wrote:
I dont think that you made any effort to di it but just want to hang someones dirty laundry out there and "poor me" to get all this attention. It is not gonna help .
Are you doing this to help the situation? All the complaining??
Do something about it. you have names and information on ppl.
I dont think you are a child cos the way you try to be all knowledgable about things. But then I dont know what youconsider a child.

Ruth,

I am currently the only editor on this project who has not been personally involved with the COG/FOL/TFI, either as a former member, or person born into the group.

This website is filled with documentation that we have painstakingly assembled. We also document, even in video clips, the responses of official spokespeople from TFI.

If you have taken time to look at the graphic and often disturbing documentation on the website, and you still ask this question, then I really don't know what we can do to answer your questions more clearly.

Are you a current or former member of the group? Or are you someone from the general public that just discovered the site?

Anonymous

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 10:39 am
forgive and forgive
just happened to the site and am not a former mem. I believe verry much in Christ and that if these ppl went thru this then there is a solution . I went thru something like that with my son at shool. found out names of ppl and went to court and got the problem taken care of . If these are kids in the US then i am absolutely sure they can get help.
Just sad to s ee so much written about it and nothing done. unless it is all so exagerated that they dont know where to start . Because the lies always get exposed. Its easier to feel sorry for yourself and easiest to blame others for your failures..
Like I said if in the US nothing is impossible. And with God ALL thins are possible.

WalkerJ 1

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 05:35 pm
Re: forgive and forgive
ruth wrote:
Just sad to s ee so much written about it and nothing done.

Do you honestly think we would post on a public website the details of what we are doing to bring our abusers to justice?

Anonymous

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 01:11 pm
forgive
its good to know if you do get some kinda closure in a situation and that can encourage others who are battling the same problem.
ypu must be someone who did win a case, i guess that you are so sure that writing articles like this is good.

Indian Joe 1

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 01:25 pm
Re: forgive and forgive
ruth wrote:
Just sad to s ee so much written about it and nothing done. unless it is all so exagerated that they dont know where to start . Because the lies always get exposed. Its easier to feel sorry for yourself and easiest to blame others for your failures..
Like I said if in the US nothing is impossible. And with God ALL thins are possible.

There are some distinct issues here. People who joined the group of their own free will, and stayed in it for many years may well fit your description.

However, innocent children who were born into the group, and never had a choice but to live a life of abuse certainly have no failures to blame anyone for. They didn't fail, they were failed by their parents, and the adults around them.

These children were often born in foreign countries and moved around the world. The abuse often happened outside the United States. The abusers were known only by bible names, that changed from time to time. Leadership of the cult has been in hiding outside the US for decades.

I legally adopted a child born in this cult. He will be 28 years old this summer. When I was trying to get him a US Passport, it was amazingly difficult. First there was the birth certificate from the hospital located in a foreign country. Then the birth certificate from the US State Dept., then the amended birth certificate from when I adopted him. It just illustrates the convoluted pasts of so many of the second generation who are now adults.

I guess to someone who hasn't been exposed to this it sounds simple to get justice, but it hasn't been. The frustration over this has driven some to suicide, and even a murder. This is a very serious matter, and I'm fairly certain that people abused in this cult have both prayed and called the cops. So far, that hasn't worked.

Anonymous

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 11:11 am
forgive
since the first time I came to this site ,I have read other articles . You mentioned that these ppl moved around different countries and if they really did your son should already have a pp and I dont understand why it was such a deal to get one. Unless other details of changing parents names and taking legal custody of adoptive kids were there. which can be a big hassle.
What I went thru with my son in school was no small matter. I had to find kids' names and get a good lawyer and all the other things involved. took a few months to get it all worked out but I did.
I think you can bring closure to this in YOUR life if you want . Get one case sorted out at a time and it will encourage others to do the same and then you dont have to live in this misery for the rest of your life. Or do you just want to keep harping about all the wrong that was done ??
some ppl DO live like that and they blame all their problems on others.
It does feel good to get it over with and move on with life.Unless one is happy like this. your choice ,man.

Anonymous

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 08:58 pm
It is wonderful that this place is here.

Those who need it, use it to help them,
Those who dislike it do not have to visit it.

God Bless those of you who work so hard to make this a place for people to come to get what ever it may be that they find here.

Peace, love, and happiness,
God Bless

Jack 2

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 01:47 pm
ruth wrote:
an atheist==an ignorant person. the fool hath said in his heart there is no god.

That's an extremely arrogant statement and a fine example of the elitism and hypocrisy inherent in your disturbed faith. I also doubt that you are/were not a member of The Family cult.

evanman

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 04:22 pm
It is surprisingly easy to get hold of false documentation. Berg and Zerbe often travelled on false passports.

In parts of Europe it is relatively easy to cross borders with or without documentation.

Piram

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2006 02:48 pm
Jack wrote:
ruth wrote:
an atheist==an ignorant person. the fool hath said in his heart there is no god.

That's an extremely arrogant statement and a fine example of the elitism and hypocrisy inherent in your disturbed faith. I also doubt that you are/were not a member of The Family cult.

Quite often, in people´s attempt (and apparent need) to define others, they instead only define themselves.

The basic concept I can say I believe in spoken of in the Bible, is love. But even that was turned into a dogma in TF: The "Law" of Love, which was conveniently twisted to selfish ends; and the "right" interpretation of the "Law" of Love had to be followed, "or else".

Cookie 2

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 09:33 pm
ruth wrote:
...if you really want closure with what happend to you or ppl you know , there are other ways to get it . Have you really tried talking to the ones who did these things ...?

I would love to confront my abusers (particularly the guy that raped me at 7) But i don't know his legal name, or where he is. i don't even remember his "Family" name.

Cookie 2

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 09:46 pm
oh, there was another lady who's family name i do remember, since it was nothing sexual i'll list it here. it was abuse any way you look at it.

i was about 8 or 9. My parents were in another country for a month or so. while i was away, i was placed in the custody of a couple named Aaron and Lovelight (anyone know them?) Aaron was very nice to me, but i rarely saw him. Lovelight was also my teacher. Anway, they had one son, i don't remember his name (but i think it was nathan). but every nap time, he always tryed to fondle me (he was 13 or 14). he was so gross and always wet the bed that i couldn't bring myself to do anything but pretend i was alseep and move too much to allow him to do too much to me. finally i told him he was gross and to not touch me. But he kept persisting and went to his mom Lovelight about it. She beat me so badly for not wanting to have sex with her perverted son and every day until my parents came home scrubbed my toothbrush on a bar of soap and scrubbed my tounge with it until i puked. that lasted about two weeks. when my parents came home, she told them i'd been a little angel. she obviously didn't tell them anything, and somehow she had made me believe i deserved what she had done to me. so i never told my parents because i didn't want to embarass them or disapoint them that i hadn't been this perfect little girl that i really was.
Does anyone know her? That was only one of the beefs i have with her. i am CAPABLE of forgiving, but i think in my cases of abuse in TF when i was SO young, the ones that really freaked me out, i'd rather wait until i am apologised to. what do you think - not that i care really, but curious.

m 2

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 01:40 am
Wow, I'd never forgive her for that. Mad
No one deserves forgiveness for abusing children.

winter 1

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 09:38 pm
Sometimes I am glad I don't own any firearms.

1. xFamily
  2. » Legal & Abuse
  3. » can we forgive and forget
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 07:35:56