Question about copyright material.

1. xFamily
  2. » Documents
  3. » Question about copyright material.

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Arssle

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 02:59 pm
Question about copyright material.
Hey guys. I was wondering, mo letters are copyright, correct? If you post them on xfamily.org would that be considered a copyright violation? I admit I hardly know anything about copyright law, but I was wondering how come TFI does not sue xfamily for posting copyright material on the site if it is, in fact, a violation. Enlighten me please. thanks

WalkerJ 1

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 03:10 pm
Re: Question about copyright material.
First of all, posting them here would probably fall under the "Fair Use" category of the US copyright laws.

Secondly, an non-existent entity cannot copyright anything. The Family does not exist as a registered entity anywhere in the world. If they did, they would have had their ass sued off long ago.

Arssle

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2008 07:53 am
WalkerJ wrote:
First of all, posting them here would probably fall under the "Fair Use" category of the US copyright laws.

Secondly, an non-existent entity cannot copyright anything. The Family does not exist as a registered entity anywhere in the world. If they did, they would have had their ass sued off long ago.
Oh. so why do they even bother copyrighting stuff?

WalkerJ 1

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2008 11:27 am
Arssle wrote:
Oh. so why do they even bother copyrighting stuff?

Either they haven't got a clue about copyright laws, or they're hoping no one will notice.

In any case, it would be wonderful if it turns out they DO have a registered entity that the publications are copyrighted by, because TF would finally have a legal entity we could file a suit against for all the abuse those publications incited.

Mary Jane Henry

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 02:01 am
Here, here!!!!!!!

Arssle

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 11:47 am
WalkerJ wrote:
Either they haven't got a clue about copyright laws, or they're hoping no one will notice.

In any case, it would be wonderful if it turns out they DO have a registered entity that the publications are copyrighted by, because TF would finally have a legal entity we could file a suit against for all the abuse those publications incited.
Is there any way to find that out?

1. xFamily
  2. » Documents
  3. » Question about copyright material.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 06:27:16