Remember Jacarepaqua in Brazil?

1. xFamily
  2. » Connections
  3. » Remember Jacarepaqua in Brazil?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 08:38 am
Remember Jacarepaqua in Brazil?
I was "Jacob Jew" (Jaco) and was in Brazil in the early 70's. I played base in the "Meninos de Deus" band and am wondering where others in the band and others I knew ended up. I was in a few of places in Brazil - I first arrived in Sao Paulo (was it in Jabaquara? not sure) but soon after went to Rio. I've seen threads here on this blog about the house in Grajau (in Rio), but I haven't seen anyone mention the "sitio" in Jacarepaqua (also in Rio)! Does anyone here remember that place? There was a Montessori school there, and a wood shop where a couple of guys made stuff out of wood for the school. One of the guys was an accomplished painter and made some incredible paintings. I wish I could remember their names. Of course the band members were there too. Speaking of the band, I found a link where someone posted the Squeeze Don't Jerk (Aperte nao Sacude) album! The blog is in Portuguese - but you'll see the album cover and a "download" link next to that - just click the download (it's a zip file with MP3's). I lost track of my album many years ago so I was happy to find this.

Here's the link: http://brnuggets.blogspot.com/2009/02/os-meninos-de-deus-aperte-nao-sacuda.html

1. xFamily
  2. » Connections
  3. » Remember Jacarepaqua in Brazil?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/17/2024 at 09:46:12