Kenneth Frampton's two sons?

1. xFamily
  2. » Connections
  3. » Kenneth Frampton's two sons?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 11:11 am
Kenneth Frampton's two sons?
As far as I understood it given it was the talk of the Jesus Family, Kenneth Frampton lost contact with his two sons who became COG members. Kenneth Frampton was the one who invited COG to the UK and I think maybe owned the Bromley factory(?). Having realised they were a cult he then invited Lonesome Stone over and the Lonesome Stone cast then got the factory as a base and COG had to go elsewhere. I just wondered if anyone knows what happened to the two sons who were presumably older teens or twenties at the time.

Someone was asking about David Hoyt here or on another forum. I don't remember where but I did stumble accross what looked like him on the internet a few years ago. He looked as if he had become a business counsellor. Can't find it now. I

Concerned

Anonymous

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 01:56 pm
Re: Kenneth Frampton's two sons?
Just curios to know exactly where the Bromley factory was ? I remember a TV documentary a few years ago
that took a former COG member back to the site and a disused old factory was still there.

Thorwald 1

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 04:47 pm
jeff wrote:
Just curios to know exactly where the Bromley factory was ?

It was probably in the Bromley borough of Greater London (in Kent county) and near Chinbrook.

Note that they also rented another massive house in Kent called, "Hollingbourne Manor.

Concerned wrote:
Kenneth Frampton was the one who invited COG to the UK and I think maybe owned the Bromley factory(?).

Yes. Mr. Frampton owned the building/factory.

Jacobisrael

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 01:27 pm
He opened up the place to both the COG and Operation Mobilization.

Both sons went to India. One (Sam) stayed and the other went back and joined OM. They became major supporters of OM. Mr Frampton died some time ago and I believe Mrs. Frampton may have recently died as well.

Concerned wrote:
As far as I understood it given it was the talk of the Jesus Family, Kenneth Frampton lost contact with his two sons who became COG members. Kenneth Frampton was the one who invited COG to the UK and I think maybe owned the Bromley factory(?). Having realised they were a cult he then invited Lonesome Stone over and the Lonesome Stone cast then got the factory as a base and COG had to go elsewhere. I just wondered if anyone knows what happened to the two sons who were presumably older teens or twenties at the time.

Someone was asking about David Hoyt here or on another forum. I don't remember where but I did stumble accross what looked like him on the internet a few years ago. He looked as if he had become a business counsellor. Can't find it now. I

Concerned

Anonymous

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 04:59 pm
I was a member from Sept 1971 to June 1972. The Bromley factory was owned by Kenneth Frampton, and it was based in Sherman Road, Bromley, Kent UK. (It has since been demolished.) The rear two thirds were first used by Send the Light, the book publishing and retailing arm of OM, and the front was used by the COG. There was a local house in Chinbrook Road, Grove Park, about 2 miles away, used as a dormitory.

I'm afraid the latest news I have (at least 2 years old) is that Keith is still in the movement, in India. I have not heard about his other son for many years.

The group that Mr Frampton invited to use the factory after the COG left Bromley, was called the Jesus Family, led by Jim and Sue Palosaari. They put on Lonesome Stone, a Christian rock musical, which was shown at the Rainbow Theatre and other UK venues, before being taken back to the States.

Ex-members will probably be interested to learn about Jesus People USA, led by Glenn and Wendy Kaiser and others in Chicago. They were associated with Linda Meissner and the Jesus Army before she and her group joined the COG.

"Jephunneh"

<[email protected]>

Anonymous

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2008 03:41 pm
I can remember being told by someone who was at Bromley that Kenneth Frampton had made his money in
confectionery and that at Bromley there was always a large supply of cakes.

Chrisalam

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 08:40 pm
I knew the family quite well. The late Mr KP Frampton was a noted Christian philanthrophist. His wife's name was Pauline. I stayed at their house in Purly, close to Bromley. Mr Frampton made his fortune in real estate. He had 3 sons, Clive, Keith and David. Keith and David joined the COG. Keith was the one who led me to Jesus in Dec 1975.

I left the COG in late 1976 after I saw the errors in their teachings, and served with OM in Belgium, and later on immigrated to Sweden. Keith (COG name "Samson") left the COG, but his wife "Ara" loved the free sex and decided to stay on. Keith went back to his parents but had a hard time fitting in to the world outside the family. As a result he attempted suicide which left him mostly blind (he can see only very little) and crippled (he can move only with the help of canes for support). He wrote to me every now and then, and the last i heard he was back in the COG/Family, living in Japan and married to a Japanese lady.

Does anybody else know anything more about this?

Blessings

Chris Alam

Jacobisrael

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 10:39 am
Chrisalam wrote:
I knew the family quite well. The late Mr KP Frampton was a noted Christian philanthrophist. His wife's name was Pauline. I stayed at their house in Purly, close to Bromley. Mr Frampton made his fortune in real estate. He had 3 sons, Clive, Keith and David. Keith and David joined the COG. Keith was the one who led me to Jesus in Dec 1975.

I left the COG in late 1976 after I saw the errors in their teachings, and served with OM in Belgium, and later on immigrated to Sweden. Keith (COG name "Samson") left the COG, but his wife "Ara" loved the free sex and decided to stay on. Keith went back to his parents but had a hard time fitting in to the world outside the family. As a result he attempted suicide which left him mostly blind (he can see only very little) and crippled (he can move only with the help of canes for support). He wrote to me every now and then, and the last i heard he was back in the COG/Family, living in Japan and married to a Japanese lady.

Does anybody else know anything more about this?

Blessings

Chris Alam

Thanks for that update Chris. That was all new to me. We were with 'Sam & Ara' for most of the 1970s. But then we left in '78

Tom Wills

Anonymous

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 11:37 am
Dear Tom

I think I know you through Judd McKendry in Augusta GA, and we once spoke on the phone. Where do you live these days? If I remember correctly you were somewhere in VA, but I could be mistaken

I live in PA. If you e-mailed your number to me at [email protected] , I could call you.

Blessings

Chris Alam

Anonymous

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2009 05:02 am
Hmm now I am wondering....do I know any of you? I was in the Norwood house. I am not sure of the dates now. I was living in the Norwood house in 1972 (Jesus Family not COG). Jacky - David Hoyt was around and Lonesome Stone went to Edinburgh. Ken Philpott came and made a young Christian, Paul an elder and told us he thought that would be ok......aaaarg...I would love to know more of what happened to people after - did keep in touch with Gerd and Karin for a while and saw Christian once or twice. But often wondered about "Swaff," Lym Malmberg, Sandy and others. Apologies to the COG site for hijacking a bit but guess there were some similarities and we were rescuing COG members. A lot of the people in what we were in came from you......David Hoyt was sort of living in fear of being found and to me always looked totally spaced out. He ran this leather shop in Norwood - um yeah, a cult like place rescuing people from a cult ........Kids would run away from home.......then they would somehow end up with us.....Jeremy and I did get married and divorced a few years ago in case you can figure it out who I am from that - same ol on people trying to control who you get a relationship with. (UK Jeremy not US in case there was one.)

What still gets me is that what we wanted to do was so good. It was all about being sold out for Jesus and maybe a lot of the Jesus People house mistakes were more from ignorance, but oh I still dream of living that community life style. Was a member of yet another community for 21 years though not living in it but why oh WHY do leaders get so wonky? It could all of been so good though of course the house in Norwood is gone now..demolished.

What I do remember and even worse at the next place is when you leave there is that terrible feeling of guilt and fear you have somehow lost God and waking up and looking out of the window to see if the world ended and being relieved that Jesus had not come again and left me behind in the middle of the night.

m 2

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2009 01:51 pm
Any relation to the mentally unstable Andrew Frampton?

Anonymous

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 06:30 am
Hi, "Guest":

Thought you'd like to know that Lyn Malmberg is organising a Jesus Family/Jesus People get-together in 2010. You can get in touch with her via FaceBook.

Like you, I miss community lifestyle...

Warm regards,

"Jephunneh"
Guest wrote:
Hmm now I am wondering....do I know any of you? I was in the Norwood house. I am not sure of the dates now. I was living in the Norwood house in 1972 (Jesus Family not COG). Jacky - David Hoyt was around and Lonesome Stone went to Edinburgh. Ken Philpott came and made a young Christian, Paul an elder and told us he thought that would be ok......aaaarg...I would love to know more of what happened to people after - did keep in touch with Gerd and Karin for a while and saw Christian once or twice. But often wondered about "Swaff," Lym Malmberg, Sandy and others. Apologies to the COG site for hijacking a bit but guess there were some similarities and we were rescuing COG members. A lot of the people in what we were in came from you......David Hoyt was sort of living in fear of being found and to me always looked totally spaced out. He ran this leather shop in Norwood - um yeah, a cult like place rescuing people from a cult ........Kids would run away from home.......then they would somehow end up with us.....Jeremy and I did get married and divorced a few years ago in case you can figure it out who I am from that - same ol on people trying to control who you get a relationship with. (UK Jeremy not US in case there was one.)

What still gets me is that what we wanted to do was so good. It was all about being sold out for Jesus and maybe a lot of the Jesus People house mistakes were more from ignorance, but oh I still dream of living that community life style. Was a member of yet another community for 21 years though not living in it but why oh WHY do leaders get so wonky? It could all of been so good though of course the house in Norwood is gone now..demolished.

What I do remember and even worse at the next place is when you leave there is that terrible feeling of guilt and fear you have somehow lost God and waking up and looking out of the window to see if the world ended and being relieved that Jesus had not come again and left me behind in the middle of the night.

Chrisalam

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 03:18 pm
I don't know of any Andrew Frampton, but I do know that Keith for some reason was made to leave the COG and he lived in London. He bacame mentally unstable, which caused him to attempt suicide. During this attempt he lost most of his eyesight and was crippled to the extent that he needed a couple of canes to get around. He later rejoined the COG and married a Japanese lady. The last I heard a few years ago he still living in Japan with the COG.

Anonymous

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 07:31 pm
Hi there,

my dad was in Hollingbourne Manor and knows Mr. Frampton. Email him @[email protected]

peace

Mikey

MT7060

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2019 09:22 am
@Jacobisrael,
Good morning, I am looking for anyone who may have met Elizabeth Palmer in the early 70's. We think she possibly joined COG. She told her family she was in Mexico but then was going to South Africa. She has been missing for 45 years. Her father never stopped looking for her. Can you email me at [email protected]

wesmahan

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2019 12:50 am
@Anonymous,
I worked with Send The Light, and LIVED IN THE SHERMAN ROAD WAREHOUSE. At the same that the Children of God occupied part of the warehouse. I'm an atheist now, praise the universe! But it was an interesting time.

wesmahan

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2019 12:57 am
@Chrisalam,
I was with OM / Send The Light for seven years, and actually lived in the Sherman Road Warehouse for a while. An interesting period of time. After 46 years in the evangelical culture and belief, I finally broke free from the bondage and slavery of religion (and don't give me that shit "it's not a religion, it's a relationship"), and at 71 years old I have more contentment and meaning in my life than I did after nearly 5 decades as a "born-againer". Hopefully many more in COG and OM, etc, were able to set themselves free from religion, and live a natural human life.

Jephunneh

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2020 10:45 am
Actually, Mr Frampton had four sons. I'm unsure of their birth order, but I believe Keith was the oldest; there are also Clive, Chris and David. Keith and David joined the COG.

Leon frampton

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2021 01:52 pm
I'm actually related to Kenneth and Keith. Clive was my grandpa who sadly passed away 4 years ago. Anyway the family cut off Keith and the cog members and it was, and still is, never talked about in the family. I actually don't know to much obviously the whole family don't support any of the disgusting things that happened in the cult but all I know is Keith has had many sons one of them I have met, he is very nice and has a daughter and wife this is because he was lucky enough to escape the cult as a child. Some other of Keith's children that I have been told about by my parents apparently escaped far to late and suffered from mental issues such as being unable to stop quoting the Bible. Andrew frampton isn't unstable he's my uncle and was a footballer. Anyway thought people would find that interesting since he is my great uncle. Kenneth was my great grandpa.

Kenneth Frampton

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2021 07:29 am
Hi Leon, I believe I may be your second uncle. I assume you know who I am. I have been in contact with your younger brother, Calvin, for a couple of months now and managed to persuade him to come along to one of our group meetings at the Family International (formally known as the Children of God) hosted in Brighton. I would appreciate it if you talk with your brother, as he may be able to sway your negative views towards the Family International and join us in your newfound love for the Lord. Calvin has been considering joining us for many weeks now and I do sincerely believe he is meant to be the next elevation for the family international, possibly even the new generations founder.

I would appreciate it if you do not discuss this with David Kingsly Frampton as he could easily compromise our operations.

Looking forward to your response,
Kennith Frampton

1. xFamily
  2. » Connections
  3. » Kenneth Frampton's two sons?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 09:02:01