LA colony,tsc,seattle,new york

1. xFamily
  2. » Connections
  3. » LA colony,tsc,seattle,new york

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 11:44 pm
LA colony,tsc,seattle,new york
i was neriah zebulon joined in the early 70's at the la sight was around the night j.spencer left fleetwod mac just wondering if anyone out there remembers me--was at tsc for 6 months then woodland park-where i also helped put in the leach field then to new york and seattle. left in 72--3 i never was involved with any of the strange happings i heard about later--really is a eye opener--i remember Debora Berg always giving me a hard for having a "foolish" spirit--ha--we now call it humor--well if anyone remembers me let me know --what ever happend to leaders richard from la and sampson? joel?joab--always smiling.publius the singer?

GabrielTrumpeter

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 05:57 pm
Re: LA colony,tsc,seattle,new york
Hello "Neriah",
I can't quite place you. Although your "foolish spirit" comment got me thinking. I was getting ready to wash dishes in LA with a couple of folks and we prayed asking Jesus to help us do a good job, and got to speaking in tounges and whoopin and hollering (as usual).

Was it you that finally yelled "shut up!" ?

The rest of us were thoroughly shocked at such outrageous sacrilige, but it was funnier than hell!(oops!) I regret stiffling the great big belly laugh that your outburst deserved. I still laugh to myself every time I remember the incident.

I was the guy that played the banjo and worked in the photo lab. I was so pale from lack of sun, I was often referred to as "Gabe the Ghost".

I didn't keep up with the folks you mentioned, although there are some articles that cover some of the leaders on this web site. I do remember that Rich-hard was running the colony in Miami when I was there before hopping off to Germany and Switzerland.

Good talking to you,
Greg ("Gabriel Trumpeter")

Anonymous

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 11:19 pm
Hi there. I was with the Jesus People there in Washington Hall. I prepared the car that Linda Meissner rode in down to California to visit the COG colony. When she came back, she brought along a bus load of folks to introduce us to you. That was a strange weekend, one I have had little opportunity to reminisce about. Anyway, the Monday after she came back, there was a big meeting where Linda was holding forth, and finally I began to put two and two together, and asked her directly if she had joined up with the Children of God. She answered affirmatively, marveling that I was so dense. After that, I stopped taking the proceedings seriously, and I was making joking asides to Dale Rowe. Finally, Joshua and David Hoyt concluded that they had had enough of me, and personally hustled me out the door, where a group of Tacoma Jesus People were waiting in a car. I still consider it a great honor to be personally kicked out by by Joshua and David.
Periodically I would visit the group at Washington Hall to see what was up, and one memorable time was when I caused Jeremy Spencer's wife to glare at me with great annoyance because I wouldn't go away or quit talking to Jeremy.
I worked with Danny and Terri McGowan on the last edition of the Truth newspaper that was produced by Linda's Jesus People's Army. Danny had drawn a wonderful cartoon illustrating the story of the steward who was not merciful, which I believe was incorporated in the next issue of the Truth after the Children of God took over. I always wondered what became of them; I believe I got to see their new baby before they were sent off somewhere else.

Anonymous

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2008 09:07 am
I was also in Woodland park when the feild was being dug - I got altitude sickness and was sent to the kitchen to work. Each night we would leave the main building after the indoctrination session (albeit it was fun at that time) to sleep in the block (ice) building. I was Judah A2. I remamber one of the elders was so pissed from one of the females flushed their tampax down the tubes while the field was almost complete. The out houses were down the back hill. Someone caught/shot an old raccon that we cooked for the "elders".

KENewport

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2008 09:21 am
KENewport wrote:
I was also in Woodland park when the feild was being dug - I got altitude sickness and was sent to the kitchen to work. Each night we would leave the main building after the indoctrination session (albeit it was fun at that time) to sleep in the block (ice) building. I was Judah A2. I remamber one of the elders was so pissed from one of the females flushed their tampax down the tubes while the field was almost complete. The out houses were down the back hill. Someone caught/shot an old raccon that we cooked for the "elders". Ever hear or see a sister Amy Alleluiah in your travels?

Anonymous

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 01:00 am
Whaddya know... I did some more poking around and discovered Danny and Terri McGowan are the parents of a well-known Hollywood personage. I sort of wondered about that. If either of them reads this page, go ahead and post a note and say hi.

Anonymous

Reply Fri 28 May, 2010 12:06 am
I was in LA and San Diego Cochilla and Woodland Park. I was there in 72 and was the greeter for a while with the dog Tomak at my side. I am trying to contact Blossom who was in the Northwest when the christian group she was in merged with the cog. Her first name was Edith and her Bible name was Blossom. We both had hep at the woodland park colony. If you know Blossom could you ask her to reply to my article Melzar looking for Blossom as I check it every so often.

Anonymous

Reply Fri 28 May, 2010 03:14 pm
Wow, a lot of great memories have been stirred up. I was at Woodland Park digging the leach fields and was one of the guys that chased down the raccon. Went to Ellenville after that than to Puerto Rico then Trinidad. I was Abez Rock and left in 73. A lot of videos were taken back then and I'd love to see them if anyone knows where they are. I've been working in Afghanistan the last 4 years as a contractor and one of our first jobs was digging leach fields. Those days were good times for me for the most part and was glad to get out before it got too crazy. The best thing, I learned to talk to God. Thanks to all the good brothers and sisters that helped me along the way. [email protected]

Anonymous

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2010 09:10 pm
to Gabriel,

It was nice to read your post. The first person that I knew. I really enjoyed my time in the group and didn't believe the bad press until i read an article by Deborah. There was bad press when i was in Cochilla that was laughable. The prophecy teaching I got in the cog has helped me continue studying the subject and i feel really blessed by my experience there. If anybody is interested I'm about 99% sure that the usa = babylon the great (a different conclusion than cog at the time) and that the usa will be "made desolate" by an act of nuclear terrorism. When? Within 3 1/2 years after the signing of the expected 7 year covenant between Israel and her neighbors.

terrileedee

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2011 09:33 am
@Anonymous,
Hi - Not sure if this posting is going just to you or if it's going to appear for all. Guess I'll find out when I post it. Reply to me and we'll figure out how to communicate privately about the folks you are looking for in your posting.

terrileedee

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2011 09:34 am
This is a reply to Anonymous who put Linda Meissner in the car and is looking for Dan and Terri.

sabinelr

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:56 pm
@terrileedee,
Hmmm. Let me guess. It's Terri again? This is Larry again. We exchanged a couple emails a while back. I was sad to hear Danny was gone. I missed you guys when we all got separated. That was all too long ago, wasn't it.
Larry Sabine

jjulieann

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2011 12:56 am
To Gabriel Trumpeter,
I was in Germany and Switzerland, sounds like I was there the same time as you, but I don't remember your name. My husband (Zur) and I (Zelzah) ran the colony in Huttwil and then Basil, Switzerland, then we went to Germany and Austria and pretty much visited every colony in our time there. My husband was in the band that operated out of Essen. I was in Switzerland and Germany from 72 to 76.

tsnyunt

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2012 10:48 pm
I was in Essen in '72. I was a scrounger and drove around getting donations of food and other things the colony needed. I was outside everyday, and realized the world wasn't falling apart or that everyone else was going to hell and just walked away.

Parmenas

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2014 02:44 am
@jjulieann,
Hi Zelzah, uhh, sorry - Julie!
Long time no see or hear. I'd love to hear how you've been doing. I always viewed you and Zur / Phil as people who would have been friends even outside the COG - you seemed to be "normal" somehow and not culty-robotic, if you know what I mean. Contact me if you wish at [email protected].

friendofdsampson

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2018 07:07 pm
@jdkooken,
I was a friend of david sampson (seattle) before he became part of cog in early 1970's - and his family is still looking for him today .... do you have any knowledge of where he went - or what is new name is? thanks

MT7060

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2019 07:05 am
@jdkooken,
Hello, we are looking for Elizabeth Palmer who we think joined the group in '71. She was last seen by family in '72 and the last letter was in '74. Please look up where is Elizabeth Palmer on Facebook

1. xFamily
  2. » Connections
  3. » LA colony,tsc,seattle,new york
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 05:04:02