Colony in London, Ontario, Canada

1. xFamily
  2. » Connections
  3. » Colony in London, Ontario, Canada

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 05:54 am
Colony in London, Ontario, Canada
Does anyone remember a big old house in London, Ontario across the road from"Springbank Park"??? My husband Jacob and I were the shepherds there at the time and were able to get the house for next to nothing as they were going to pull it down at some point (and also primarily because our young son David prayed every single day at mealtime that we could live near "Bingbank Park") Well, that's the place where I knew Jubilee and her tiny baby, but there were many, many other brothers and sisters there as it was really a huge house and really quite a miracle too. Sadly, I can hardly remember the names - I'm 61 now, but our names were Jacob and Rachel and we had 4 children at that time (6 now) and so I was pretty well occupied in caring for them and we also did fund-raising for those who were trying to get overseas - ourselves included. I'm really hoping to hear from some who were there!

Anonymous

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 08:33 am
Re: Colony in London, Ontario, Canada
Hello, you were in colorado too.
I remember you,,,, did people actually stay married that were married in the family?
You had blonde hair,,, real pretty,,,, How is Jacob?
Take care,,,,

Mary Jane Henry

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 03:18 pm
Hey, good to hear from you! I did have blonde hair and so did 5 of the kids (one red) but I never made it to Colorado. In 6 years from 1971 to 1977 I was in Cincinnatti, Toronto Queensway, Peachland, London (Ontario), Paris, and Dusseldorf. Then we said "This is ridiculous! Let's go home." and we did. Sorry, you might be thinking of someone else.

haithabu

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2008 05:47 pm
I was briefly in touch with the London group when they first came to town in 1972-ish - they tried to recruit me the hard way (no flirty fishing then). They were unsuccessful for 2 reasons: (1) CoG exclusiveness - other Christian groups were all Babylon, which I could not accept, and (2) They sang a lot of songs with childish lyrics over and over - seemed to aim for an infantilizing effect which seemed "off" to me.

However, a friend of mine did join and I lost touch with her. Her name was Cathy Carroll, but after she joined she was called "Pearl Inspiration". Do you remember her?

Mary Jane Henry

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 08:41 pm
Sorry, I don't. We saved our money and went off to Europe. She probably joined after that. Sorry!

Jsonier

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2019 04:47 pm
@Mary Jane Henry,
En Fevrier 76 au N-B,Canada,j`ai fais la rencontre d`une colonie de ce groupe et parti de New-York,debut juillet pour Paris dans une colonie.

Je suis parti de cette endroit le mois suivant pour ne jamais revenir chez les E.de Dieu.Apres 2 ans en France je suis parti avec une Francaise pour le pays de l`Inde.

Je recherche de l`information sur la colonie de France a Paris durant mon sejour a cet endroit ou sur les autres personnes que j`ai pu connaitre en ce lieu.J`ai maintenant 65 ans,et depuis 1991 de retour au N-B.

SVP,envoyer-moi un couriel.(mon nom chez le groupe etais Josue).

1. xFamily
  2. » Connections
  3. » Colony in London, Ontario, Canada
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 05:20:13