Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

mai 2

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 06:12 pm
70's Texas ranch
Looking for people who were there.

Anonymous

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 03:40 pm
TSC
Well I was both TSC in '70-71, and for 5 years in East Texas, known as Selah. TSC was mostly docrination and a lot of work! Lucius

Anonymous

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 07:45 pm
TSC
Was there, September 1971, when we shut it down.

Anonymous

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 09:49 pm
was there when we started it
i think it was '70 .. perhaps late 69 ... when we came off the road trip from laurentide ... it was very run down and we had to renew everything ..

Colonel

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 07:07 pm
Re: was there when we started it
Jael N wrote:
i think it was '70 .. perhaps late 69 ... when we came off the road trip from laurentide ... it was very run down and we had to renew everything ..

Glad you guys cleaned it up for us. Hi, Jael, this is Laughter. You remember me from the Georgia reunion?

Lasha

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 06:56 am
Hi, I was at TSC in 1970, I am Lasha, I was in the tribe of Asher. I worked in childcare.

Anonymous

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 02:23 am
i was there too
I was there around 70 or 71--some of my earliest memories...I was 4 years old. my family got out shortly thereafter. there was another family who left with us who I would love to get in contact with...an older woman named Deborah, her daughter (teen at the time) Ruth or Leah, son Tom or Tabernacle (maybe 10 years old), and youngest daughter (black, about my age, i.e. around 4) named Timbrel.

KENewport

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 12:49 am
Travel westward through louisiana 1968/9 -70?
The TSC was in Merkel Right? and the Ranch was out near Lubbock?

I traveled from the east, stopping at the Festival of Life in Louisiana for a few days helping the cook group(tribe). Stopped to swim, as we worked the entire time (I naked, young, embarassed, uncomfortable, but seeing the females breasts help over come standing on the shore). Onto Merkel [couple of months?] Stayed out in a tent down the hill from the big house, to sleep. Remember some girl dragged out of a 'bible study' she was sreaming for hours-we were told she had demons. What would I know about demons, or angles for that matter, she did this for a couple of days and I think the 'POD'[Body Snatchers] finally took over. I had to look in my shoes every moring for tarantulas - saw big ones on the front wall.

Then to the ranch, I remember the ranch was very dusty,dry, and rundown. Arrived and left in a school bus. We were instructed to write letters home for stuff, shipped us out before packages arrived. Never saw the package after many requests of it's location, was indoctinated to believe it was suppose to be(one of the many clues).

Upto Woodland Park CO establishing/renovating the mountain top ranch (digging the septic filed).

Piram

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 11:45 am
Re: TSC
Lucius CookingHam wrote:
Well I was both TSC in '70-71, and for 5 years in East Texas, known as Selah. TSC was mostly docrination and a lot of work! Lucius

Hey, I remember you, Lucius! As your name indicates, you were in the kitchen, and I remember assisting you in meal preparation and washing hundreds of plates, cups, glasses, silverware, etc.
I also remember a guy named Elkanah who I spent some time with there, and drinking countless bottles of cranapple juice with him. BTW, his daughter would like to contact him, because her biggest dream is to see her long-lost brothers and sisters who are (apparently) still in TF.

kam 1

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2006 09:55 am
I was there
I came out on the first bus load from LA; my name was Keturah. Was there for about 9 months and then got sent back to LA where I married Jared Walker, (David Cook)

I remember that summer being incredibly hot; we were allowed to go swimming across the road; but male and female were always kept apart. the group was so puritanical at that time. At least at the lower level.

I wanted so badly to leave but I was scared to try and walk out the 3 miles or so to a paved road; and then try to hitchhike as a woman alone in the middle of Texas. It sure was an effective way to keep us there.

Karen

Colonel

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 08:41 pm
Re: I was there
kam wrote:
I came out on the first bus load from LA; my name was Keturah... Karen

My name was Laughter. Were you still there when it was shut down? i encountered a Keturah somewhere. i was only in from Aug71 to Mar73.

Started in Atlanta, then Knoxville, TSC, Houston, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Ellenville, Puerto Rico, and ended in Venezuela. Visited Phoenix, San Diego, and El Paso Colonies when i lived in New Mexico, but was never based in any of those.

Were you ever in any of those? i was never married or had children while in.

Mary Jane Henry

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 06:01 pm
Cincinnatti
For Kenewport,
You mentioned being in Cincy. I was there winter of '71-'72. My husband and I joined in Toronto Light Club but were sent immediately to Cincinnatti because we had 2 little boys. I was witnessed to by Michelle-amiah and years later when we were in British Columbia our shepherd was her actual brother David Z. They were both from California. Do you remember the ginerbread cookies? We ate them for weeks. Someone had scored boxes and boxes of them after Christmas that year! it was a great old house on a hill with a beautiful grotto in the back where we used to sing in the evenings. There was a wonderful brother there who played the guitar called Brimstone - a black brother. Those were good times and I think God winked at our ignorance!
All the best,
Mary Jane

Anonymous

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2008 03:50 am
tsc
hi!! i was there for about 9 mo. in 1970-71 was neriah zebulon played the 5 string banjo--still do--am with cav. chaple boise idaho now and sailing around the world as a merchant marine.

Mary Jane Henry

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2008 03:50 pm
Wow! Good to hear from you! My fondest wish - my dream now that I'm 61 is to buy a sailboat and live aboard. I'll sail south in the fall and back to Canada in the summer and I'll live for (almost) free. No heat bills, no rent, no grocery bills (I'll eat fish) no fuel bills (wind). What do you think? Do you remember Brimstone? I loved the music so much at that colony! I can't remember you yet but I'm working on it! Remember the set cards? Such simple faith - sweet!!!!!

Anonymous

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 03:43 am
Re: 70's Texas ranch
living at sea can be quite a adventure booring most of the time then pure terror if you hit force 5 storm.. can you e-mail me a photo when you where at tsc? im abord ship now but will try when i get back to send a early photo of myself [email protected]

GabrielTrumpeter

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 06:31 pm
Amazing! This string is 3 years long!

I know I knew many of you, just can't remember the names!

Anonymous

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 06:36 pm
I was there forced into a common law marriage with someone I didn't even know by Moses David. So glad to be truly happy, joyous and free at age 57.

rangemule

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 04:52 pm
Does anyone remember Saul and Endureth? Saul passed away in August 2007 and I'm looking for someone who can tell me about some memories of him I can pass on to his daughters.

I was married to him for 23 years after he lef the COG.

Thorwald 1

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 09:54 pm
Hello, everyone. We, the editors of xFamily.org, would be interested in starting an article (for our wiki) on the TSC. We would welcome any input from those of you who were there. Anything describing the place, daily life, compound layout, stories, leaders, pictures, etc. would be most welcome.

Thank you!

Colonel

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 11:05 pm
Thorwald wrote:
Hello, everyone. We, the editors of xFamily.org, would be interested in starting an article (for our wiki) on the TSC. We would welcome any input from those of you who were there. Anything describing the place, daily life, compound layout, stories, leaders, pictures, etc. would be most welcome.

Thank you!

I remember only being there for about one week, the time when it was being shut down. When I first arrived, it was COG as usual - bible classes by Joel in the mess hall, meals in the mess hall, washing dishes for about 350-400 people until the next meal, inspiration after dark, dumping the barrels of waste from the outhouse. They gave me a cheap cowboy hat to wear because they said some of the locals had been firing shots in our direction and maybe the cowboy hats might deter that action. We even filmed that horrid movie that Joel directed, all dressed in sackcloth carrying staffs. I was sent out on an expedition with 2 other brothers all armed with hunting knives to cut staves from the surrounding brush for the film. The movie direction had us marching out of the gate of TSC and down the dirt road. I remember a vehicle coming up the road who, upon seeing this army of sackcloth clad prophets, jerked into reverse and sped away backwards. I saw that "movie" later in Venezuela and knew exactly where I was in the long line of sackcloth because Love, the girl I was standing next to passed out from the heat and fell into a ditch behind us. The movie had no "zoom-in" and the scene of the line of sackclothed COGs was from a great distance and unbroken until she fell. None of us went to her rescue because we were being filmed and we were just afraid to screw up this movie. After the shoot, we then attended to her as a colony of ants were now attacking her, and we got yelled at for that. But good little soldiers we were.

It seemed like I was there a lot longer than a week after the word came down that we were being evicted. I don't think that term was used. We spent our days loading trucks with whatever was salvagable. There was some friend not very far away who allowed us to unload a lot of our supplies on that person's property. I remember each day planning where I would collapse that night for sleep. We emptied the "free store" of all of its clothing into a great mound, and I had decided to bury myself in that pile after dark. I climbed up to the top of it after midnight and almost stepped on the head of another brother who had thought of the same idea and was buried in clothes up to his neck. Instead, I just crawled inside of the now abandoned shack that had housed the store and fought off mosquitoes all night. One day I helped gut an old school bus of all of its bench seats, and I fell asleep under the flagpole on one of these seats for the night. A helicopter buzzing overhead awoke me the next morning. These helicopters followed us constantly from the compound to the area where the "friend" allowed us to drop the goods and back again.

I had long hair and a beard. I was advised to shave and get a haircut. I had a cold shave and the wife of one of the Atlanta band members, the old "Souljers", gave me a short haircut. Then I was sent to Houston.

If you ask me questions I might recall more. I am a bit senior now. I had no significant length of time there that others had, but the eviction was a momentous event.

1. xFamily
  2. » Connections
  3. » 70's Texas ranch
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 01:05:00