reboot or something or another

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » reboot or something or another

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 23 May, 2010 08:19 am
reboot or something or another
So everyone I know in TFI has gone and got a job or something similar. So I wonder what going on. I hear there is some kind of disbanding. I heard of a thing called reboot. It's supposed to happen on the 25th. 25th has nice ring to it. Maybe because it's payday. Anyway, anybody know what's going on?

Perry 1

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 12:08 pm
Re: reboot or something or another
I haven't read any of the Reboot letters yet, but I suspect this is just more of the same old thing. They have 'disbanded' several times in the past, but always re-organized again under different banners and rules. However, it has always remained the same group, with the same corrupt roots and leaders.

Think about it. What does "reboot" mean? It simply refers to restarting your computer. However, when you reboot you still continue to use the same operating system. Nothing really changes. This cult continues to use the same old operating system, with its built in viruses that no mere reboot will eliminate.

If anyone thinks the 'family' has really changed all you have to do is search out and follow the growing number of personal blogs by current members to see how they continue to hold on to their deluded beliefs. For example, I read one such blogger recently who described Zerby as their role model.

Monger 1

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 01:49 pm
There's another discussion about this going on at http://xchildrenofgod.xfamily.org/documents/reboot-t6854.html , and XFamily has started posting the "reboot" documents at http://www.xfamily.org/index.php/Reboot_Documents

Anonymous

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 09:20 pm
Perry wrote:
If anyone thinks the 'family' has really changed all you have to do is search out and follow the growing number of personal blogs by current members to see how they continue to hold on to their deluded beliefs.

I was hoping that this might be a good time to try and drag some of my siblings and friends out. It's actually turned out to be so. The only problem is that some of them will never see the evil now, especially because everything is more open.

Anonymous

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 08:11 am
Drag them out! Let's get this dead-in-the-water cult over and done with once and for all, so they can never resurrect again!

m 2

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2010 10:25 am
Yeah I just found out about this a few days ago, wtf! I thought the Family would go out in a blaze of glory not become some social club. I mean for all intents and purposes they're dead, there are always a few die hards like my parents who still miss the "good ol days". But I guess practically no one had any "conviction" left, lots of people already had jobs and they were bleeding members and the new generations aren't producing kids as fast as the FGAs... I'm really disappointed in TF, I mean as disappointed as I can be given that TF rarely enters my mind anymore. I don't know how many FGAs are in my parents' situation, as I know of a good number of FGAs who've sort of "retired" and have inherited homes from their parents or whatever so are doing ok, but my parents will probably not get anything of the sort, and they don't own a house or have any money to speak of, they're still "living by faith" (aka ballooning, singing, etc). And of course they're not going to be getting any pension as they haven't paid taxes all their TF lives. So what are they going to do when they get to the age where they can't balloon anymore (not too far off)? I was hoping TF would have some sort of plan for retiring FGAs who've given their lives for TF, and in fact I was given information from someone behind the scenes that something was being planned along those lines, but I guess not. My parents probably still believe Jesus is coming back any moment now and so haven't made plans for their future. Sure it's their fault but at the same time it's TF's fault since they brainwashed them, and they're still too afraid to doubt because that's Satan speaking. Hopefully I'll be rich enough to be able to buy them a house by then. Anyway this will be interesting. I'm still hoping that the leaders get put on trial and Zerby gets shanked in prison.

zflash7

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 11:10 pm
wow GB ur parents for staying faithful.. till the end.........says something.
I was on the Unofficial Family. chat forum and the "reboot" has shaken up the whole way they act there.
Like thats the old system now this is the new system...
Sounds very positive for the youth involved in there cult. I love to see a Group grow...

Alice 1

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 04:58 am
zflash7 wrote:
wow GB ur parents for staying faithful.. till the end.........says something.
I was on the Unofficial Family. chat forum and the "reboot" has shaken up the whole way they act there.
Like thats the old system now this is the new system...
Sounds very positive for the youth involved in there cult. I love to see a Group grow...

You are quite obviously insane, man... Not only you don't see the situation with the "family" clearly (you obviously left the cult a long time ago and since then have been idealizing them freaks) you don't have any compassion or understanding of what's really going on! This "reboot" is a disaster for so many family members (when I said "freaks" I didn't mean all of them are - a lot of them are sad victims!) so many feel betrayed by their leaders, misunderstood or plain broken! Sounds like you don't have any idea of what's really going on and how young and old members feel about this... Oh well, that's what the cults always to to their faithful members - use them and throw them out, on the other hand I'm pretty disgusted with your kind, who always bark something from afar, whenever something like this happens...
The annoying thing about you, Aussie, is that you don't even realize what a pitiful state "the family" was in lately - not growing, but loosing tons of people, regardless of what you would love to see. I feel sorry for anyone who is still in the cult, hoping they can see the reality clearly and adjust their lives accordingly...

byebyebird

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2010 05:44 pm
Can anyone give me a 1 page synopsis of the reboot saga? I just don't have the time or inclination to wade through it all.

Thanks

byebyebird

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2010 07:47 pm
Well I did try reading a bit in the summary. Within the 1st minute I saw something that was typical of the hypocrisy in TFI. I saw a couple I know from a very long time ago. They are still a couple after about 30 + years. The interesting thing is that they had stood up against the family's policy of breaking up marriages at much humiliation and expense to their personal lives. Now they are paraded as a fine example of what the family represents. They are active volunteer workers and are actually helping people in need with genuine and practical help. Volunteer work as in the normal sense has been put down many times in the family as not revolutionary or at least not true to 'family' doctrine of the evangelist, even discouraged as a 2nd or 3rd best in an environment of dedicated 'avante guard'. Now when it suits TFI, they are extolled as fine family examples. from this you can deduce that if you ignore the teachings of Berg/Zerby, and do what you think is right, when the wind happens to be blowing your way, i.e. it is convenient for BZ to use it, you will receive their praise.

Now if you happen to be a 'true believer', an avant guarde revolutionary, a follower of the teachings, you probably have a dislocated neck from all the about turns, convolutions (or is it convulsions?) in your attempts to keep up with the latest missive. As hard as B/Z tried to have a proper doctrine, the about faces were too much for anyone to see that the only thing that mattered in TFI was what was the latest in revolutionary teaching. The microcosm of family music is an example. First Berg wanted to 'sock it to 'em'. Then every song had to be slow and gentle. It was laughable to see the fam musicians playing their rock songs to a very slow rhythm. --and to use musical expression, people didn't know how to follow B/Z because there was no rhyme or reason to it.

One thing for sure is, If you genuinely tried to follow the 'word' you ended up with nothing--or almost! No outsiders could handle the craziness so there were very little in the way of friends and followers--especially considering the amount of effort put into this. You had given your savings to WS to start some fund (more than once!) so you had no money. Not to mention the initial forsake-all and pressure to give inheritances to the 'Lord'. Chances are you at one stage or another you 'forsook' your wife or husband, child or loved one (and the ones who did were the real disciples). so you were acclimatized to just short relationships. You had long said goodbye to your parents or at least said so many offensive things that estranged them from you. Even to the world you were considered odd, fanatical but more often than not, just plain deluded. The communists then? Oh crap the don't believe in God. Should I even mention the religious community? How about the Jews? (maybe not). The Arabs! Ha, even Gaddafi rejected Berg. The only family members who were able to accomplish anything at all had to hide the fact that they were in the family.

Well the good news is you have the support and comradery of your wonderful COG family. They will always be there as God's end-time band of brothers. Safe havens to protect you from the wolves outside. Homes where you can raise your (and others) children in safety. Free from the pollutions of the demonic system. Guided by the divine leadership of the good shepherds, Moses David, the Endtime prophet and his faithful scribe Maria, now a shepherd herself in her own right. Queen Maria! Tasting the waters to see if they are the true, pure elixir of God! And our children? The most revolutionary of all! 'razed'(-some literally!) in the most heavenly of all homes. Easily worth all the sacrifice of giving literally everything to God. Why, we would receive a hundred fold in this life and in the life to come, great rewards!

So how does this story end? The rapture? How about dying at the hands of the Antichrist --but then being miraculously resurrected and in a godly rage point the finger and ZAPPPP! How about just a 'well done thou good and faithful servant, enter though into the joy of the Lord!' If one was to take God's perspective on this, would he be welcoming with open arms? For you bible believers reconcile this. 'And whosoever shall offend one of [these] little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.' (if you want to argue if they are his 'little ones that believe in me' go ahead)

Ok lets not get carried away with all this doom and gloom. Let's look on the bright side. So the family has matured and learned few lessons. Kelly and Zerby (Mr and Mrs. Smith) can now retire in their nice new home with their 'flee fund' and 'survival food' and continue their exhortations--only now without the hassle of trying to lead a bunch of confused old people into the promised land. They certainly don't want the responsibility of such. They are content to serve the Lord in 'a big way'. Busting up families, molesting their kids, having sex orgies and condemning the Godless world just ain't what it used to be. I guess with Berg there you thought it was kinda fun. By the way speaking of the dead, How is Berg now? Zerby, do you still pay respect to him? Put flowers on his grave. Have his teachings posted on your wall? I'm curious to know. Or have you conveniently tactfully forgotten the 'testy' texts? Berg did like an alliteration. Well my question to you is what about your flock? What legacy have you left them? I can best describe it as Berg did in the Bahai temple prophecy. Just going through the motions of dancing in the light of the Lord -- only the light has gone. All that is left is the pathetic sight of someone going through the motions of some 'former glory' --only not realizing the light has gone out. People who had come to watch now walk away in embarrassed disgust and sadness. No blaze of glory, no vindication, no rewards, just a trail that says what not to do.

The one thing I can say without contradiction is that the children who came though this fire are to be honored and commended for their sheer courage, honestly and goodness. I know some still have the smell of smoke on them, but it is fading by the day. The saddest thing is not all made it. All I can say is live your lives to the fullest. If you need it, this is the best proof and testimony you can have. You know what I mean. However you are probably so far along that you seldom if ever look back. When you do it is just a distant memory. I thank you for helping me see the truth, and though it was hard I was able to turn around and regain my life. Thank you. To those who have, I salute you. You have my love and respect.

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » reboot or something or another
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 11:31:25