Would You Save Jesus from Crucifixion?

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » Would You Save Jesus from Crucifixion?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2009 12:18 am
Would You Save Jesus from Crucifixion?
This is an interesting question for Christians:
Quote:

Source: http://www.uniformvelocity.com/2009/02/would-you-save-jesus-from-murder.html

Arssle

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 12:22 am
Re: Would You Save Jesus from Crucifixion?
And risk a rift in the space time continuum? No thanks. Seriously though, I think Christians would not save Jesus if they had the chance, their whole lives, beliefs... everything that they think defines them and makes them "happy" or whatever will disappear. I honestly don't think anybody would unless they're trying to stop Christianity (which wouldn't be a bad thing at all).

Thorwald 1

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 12:42 am
And that is why atheists would do the more noble and moral thing here: They would try to stop an unjust execution. Christianity, in general, really breeds selfishness. It teaches one to be good so that one can enter into Heaven (a reward). If they are bad, they go to Hell (a punishment). Atheists, on the other hand, do good with no expectation of reward in the afterlife. I think that is a more noble way of life.

Anonymous

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2009 12:13 am
Yeah this is pretty much tackled in Scorcese's 'Last temptation of Christ' and the (great) book 'I, Lucifer'...The book/film takes the rational assumption that Satan actually did everything in his powers to stop the crucifiction,,since its only by him dying that our sins were forgiven,, a follow on argument would be that actually Judas,, in apparently 'betraying' Jesus,,was instrumental in saving us from our sins also,,,perhaps,,if Jesus knew what he had to do,,the two were actually 'in cahoots' all along?

Thorwald 1

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2009 06:54 pm
Actually, I think you completely misunderstood the original question I posted.

joel taggart

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2009 03:33 pm
Well for what its worth I wouldn't bother saving him- knowing what I know I wouldnt mess with his/ others destiny so extremely,, but Im still not convinced leaving hims a selfish act. What if you save him just for him to say "what the hell did you do that for then?" I'm not christian myself though,,,I'd only save him if I knew what he was preaching was wrong and he was just misguided, how about you thorwald?

Thorwald 1

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2009 07:22 pm
I am not a Christian nor of any religion. I do not believe in the supernatural or the afterlife. Therefore, if some man or woman came along making the claims of Jesus, I would think he or she was nuts but doesn't deserve to be murdered. If it was in my power to save the person, I would, even if they begged me not to. You see, you don't need religion or God to be a moral person. It is immoral to knowingly let an innocent man die and not only do nothing about it but rejoice in it, which is essentially what Christian's do every day.

I can actually use the Bible to show how easy it is for an atheist to be a moral person.

joel_taggart wrote:
but Im still not convinced leaving hims a selfish act

What on earth is more selfish than that? You stand by and watch as they torture and kill and innocent man because he claims he is your saviour and he is doing this for _your_ sins. I would believe that is the very definition of "selfish".

If a person commits a crime, they get caught and sentenced to serve time, but their parent (father or mother) wishes to take their child's place in jail, would any modern justice system allow that? No. You commit a crime, you do the time. Put the other way around, if a child commits a crime but doesn't get caught and the parent "confesses" that they did it so as to protect their child, that would be a selfless act, but the child would still be the guilty one and acting immorally by letting their parent pay for their crime (again, a selfish act).

Arssle

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 02:02 pm
They had a different view of morality than we do now. If you went back in time and tried to save jebus, you'd probably be crucified along with him. Their perception of right and wrong may seem skewed nowadays but back then it was the way of life. Kind of like how black people weren't allowed to integrate with white people until 50 or so years ago.

evanman

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2010 10:47 am
According to the Gospells the Apostles did try to stop his being arrested. However He rebuked them for this because, as He stated, this was the reason He came into the world.

Even if anyone went back in time and tried to stop the crucifixion they could not stop it. Christ was fulfilling the law of God, he was being the sacrificial lamb, the scape goat for us, the eye given for an eye. This may seem unjust to you--and you'd be right, but God was "God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them"

Without His supreme sacrifice there would be no hope of eternal life for the believer. Jesus was not a "helpless victim", it had bee foretold that Messiah would do all this for centuries before it happened. In fact we are told that He was, "the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world."! In fact this act was predestined by God Himself and it would be God Himself who would be the one to endure the Cross for His own creatures even before any of the creation had been created!

zflash7

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 05:28 am
NO........No...........no... If I were in the kingdom just before Jesus was about to be born and sent. I would say to Him. Go now.. Cya back here soon.

Ahhh Love ya.. Lamby...

Ohh and when u do come home again as a lion.. remember... I did say I love you...now go now Jesus...Its worth it .. amen.

besides if you dont go Jesus.. I wont be here.. its a time thing.. dont worry just go.. CYA

Alice 1

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2010 08:25 am
Why are we even talking about it? I understand that "christianity" has spread high and wide and most of the ppl don't even bother to think and to evaluate their religion and beliefs, but still...
Have you ever asked yourself, what kind of sick and perverted mind it took to create a teaching (a religion) in which a "mighty god" is so angry and brutal that he sacrificed his own son? (I wonder how many ppl are comfortable with the whole idea of a "god" who needs sacrifises?) Have you ever asked yourself why do you believe in such a revengeful and relentless "god" who will persecute you and have his revenge in your children if you ever chosen to change your believes? Is anyone comfortable and happy with the idea of a "god" who tells his followers to stone you to death when you did something wrong? Do you think it's ok to believe in a "god" who will send you to hell for eternity if you don't start believing and worshiping? (but... He loves you!!!)))) I could go on and on. The trouble is that we all grew up in a world, contaminated with religion, which is actually revengeful, archaic and grotesque, but we've been taught to take it for granted...
I was just wandering if it's only me, whom the idea of accepting an ancient jewish religion strikes as a little strange?

m 2

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2010 11:20 am
Jesus was crucified in order to "save" us. Save us from what? From God. God made the rules, so it's by his hand that we go to heaven or hell. Rather than change his rules, he had his son tortured and killed so that he can spare us from himself... what?

Luckily God doesn't exist...

tyciol 2

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 12:13 am
I was a bit confused about Jesus' attitude regarding this situation because half the time he seemed to be going along with it and preparing for it, giving Judas the ol' wink and stuff (which is why I like the interpretation that Judas was doing what he thought Jesus wanted him to) yet that whole "why hast thou forsaken me!" line at the end was very confusing because if he was talking to God it seems kind of contradictory.

I probably wouldn't save him because even though I'm atheist, I'm sort of a coward and wouldn't want to get speared by a Centurion.

Anonymous

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2011 11:16 pm
Thorwald wrote:
This is an interesting question for Christians:
Quote:

Source: http://www.uniformvelocity.com/2009/02/would-you-save-jesus-from-murder.html

Wasn't Christ denied by all present. He came to save his creation and his creation condemned him to the cross. You can become Christ like, but you cannot be Christ. We all nailed him to the cross, the miracle is he die for us just the same.

This is 2011 on May 14th there will be only seven years left to fullfil, "this generation shall not pass away prophecy". Are you all ready for the ride of your life? The clock did start May 14 1948. If you think the world is confusing now, you haven't seen anything yet. Hang on, hang in remember your first love.

Colonel

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2011 07:54 am
Guest wrote:
This is 2011 on May 14th there will be only seven years left to fullfil, "this generation shall not pass away prophecy". Are you all ready for the ride of your life? The clock did start May 14 1948. If you think the world is confusing now, you haven't seen anything yet. Hang on, hang in remember your first love.

I though his "return" was to be on May 21.

http://www.ajc.com/lifestyle/billboard-campaign-claims-jesus-771570.html

Nevertheless, hope you will continue to post here after that date as I will have a few questions to ask you.

evanman

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2011 11:18 am
I believe I will ask you about this too--if you would have had the guts to have signed in as something more than just a plain old "Guest"! Haven't people learned from past mistakes about fixing dates to Christ's return. Joanna Southcott, Millar, JW's, Berg, Randy Bullock--all tried all failed!

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » Would You Save Jesus from Crucifixion?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 06:52:43