Yet another web site -- anyone interested in helping?

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » Yet another web site -- anyone interested in helping?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 02:14 pm
Yet another web site -- anyone interested in helping?
I just purchased a domain name today with hosting -- davidberg.info. The purpose -- making the writings of David Berg available to the public, the ones TFI don't want the public to see. Of course, all of these writings are available on this site. But this site would be dedicated to just his quotes, without any commentary (except to explain who Berg was talking with, the circumstances surrounding the quotation, etc.) My idea is that the home page would contain excerpts of some of his ugliest writings, with something like "click here to read full publication" after each one.

The goal for this site: to bring public shame on a horrible, evil child abuser and pedophile, not by defaming him, but just by re-publishing his own words.

The catch: I'm on a very busy schedule and don't have much time to work on this. Is there anyone who likes this idea and wants to help out? I would give you a password so you can upload material directly, after I verify that you're not a cult stooge.

I look forward to hearing from anyone who's interested!

Thorwald 1

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 10:06 pm
This seems like a painfully redundant effort. I don't understand why you would wish to duplicate _exactly_ what we already have here: http://pubs.xfamily.org/ and 4500+ wiki articles. I would suggest, instead, that you simply use that domain name to redirect to xfamily.org.

Anyway, just my thoughts.

Anonymous

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 04:08 am
Hi Thorwald, I hadn't seen that pubs database yet, great work!

I'm not, however, looking to duplicate the excellent job you and others have done at xfamily.org.

A serious seeker of information about Berg or any other COG-related entity will indeed find everything they need on xfamily.org. The page on David Berg http://www.xfamily.org/index.php/David_Berg is also well written and until I get my site set up I will probably redirect to that page.

What I'm thinking of, however, is a home page with sound bites, i.e. small portions of Berg's writings that allow a casual visitor to see him for what he really was in 1 minute or less. I plan to link to xfamily.org and other sites for more detailed information.

Thorwald 1

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 07:11 pm
Jerryboy wrote:
What I'm thinking of, however, is a home page with sound bites, i.e. small portions of Berg's writings that allow a casual visitor to see him for what he really was in 1 minute or less. I plan to link to xfamily.org and other sites for more detailed information.

That is not a bad idea. Something like Wikiquote for Berg's writings?

Monger 1

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 10:11 pm
Jerryboy wrote:
What I'm thinking of, however, is a home page with sound bites, i.e. small portions of Berg's writings that allow a casual visitor to see him for what he really was in 1 minute or less.

xFamily.org has several similar pages which might help you find material when starting your collection of Berg's writings.

Berg and Anti-Semitism
Berg on Incest
Berg on Pedophilia
Berg on Rape
Berg on Homosexuality

Eventually we will probably improve and flesh out some of the above, and add collections of Berg's writings on many other topics.

Anonymous

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 08:07 am
Yes, like a WikiQuote. Thanks for the useful links!

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » Yet another web site -- anyone interested in helping?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 06:30:50