Help! Just found out my boyfriends family is "the family" / COG

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » Help! Just found out my boyfriends family is "the family" / COG

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 06:57 pm
This is really overwhelming, so excuse my thoughts if they don't come across clearly.

I met this guy at a local bar, and we have been dating for a month now. He seemed really outgoing and nice dressed and very happy. So after dating for a while, he invited me to his mothers birthday party. I havent met his family before, so on the drive up he told me that he had a huge family. 16 brothers and sisters. And said they are great to be around and will love me. THat seemed odd, and as we talked more he said they lived in mexico and he was born in brazil.

When we arrived, I could not believe how many people were in this house. Close to 50 and most all of those teenagers along with all his brothers and sisters. At first, I couldn't believe how nice everyone was dressed and how nice they seemed. Although most of the women and older girls were dressed more like they were going to a club.

Over a day or so, we had a great time actually. But I kept noticing some things that I thought was weird.

The kids really helped do the dishes every day, almost without being told.

All of them really liked to drink it seemed like, and really liked dancing.

Was odd, they acted like one big unit. Like giving speeches during dinner and cheering together.

The oldest sisters seemed to be the bosses, like telling people to line up when we ate like a drill sergent.

It seemed at times they would talk to me and other times everyone acted like I shouldnt be there. It was very odd.

They wouldnt call my parents by name when I talked to them for some reason or my other family members.

I found this gallon ziploc bag with bright colored construction paper in it. When I went to open it, the mother saw it and jerked it out of my hands. Looked like it had writing on it, not sure what.

At night, they seemed very friendly and we played games together and hung out in the pool together.

So anyway, I got home and I googled his mothers name. And i could not believe I found that she was part of the original members of COG and is in several of the documentaries. The more I looked, I saw articles that talked about her and the kids having sex. I could not believe this. My boyfriend was not mentioned, but all of his older brothers and sisters were.

So the more I search, the best I can tell the mother ran an home in the US in the late 1990s-early 2000s.

I also know, that now all the kids don't goto school but she homeschools them.

But my boyfriend went to college and seemed like a normal guy to me.

How would I know if he or his family is still active in the COG/Family? Should I be worried one of his brothers is going to try and approach me? What should I look out for. I'm not sure what to do. I just know I have never seen a family like that before.

-Cindy

Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 12:15 am
@purplepumpkin,
purplepumpkin wrote:
How would I know if he or his family is still active in the COG/Family? Should I be worried one of his brothers is going to try and approach me? What should I look out for. I'm not sure what to do. I just know I have never seen a family like that before.

The cult has nearly disbanded. I would not be worried about being approached as you are unlikely to be recruited.

purplepumpkin

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 09:23 am
thanks that helps. So they aren't still active?

What if we got married? Seems like they already are trying to push me from my family.

Hellspawn66621

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2018 09:12 pm
@purplepumpkin,
They aren't disbanded... Run! Run before you're assimilated.

abeureka

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2018 05:44 pm
I wonder if the young lady has a mind of her own? If not, then she's ripe for picking. Not just by COG, but any other huckster selling snake oil.
We all want to believe in the goodness of others. Many want to luxuriate in the false security of some one else making decisions for us.
What should she do? Decide if that's what she wants to do?
I certainly wouldn't want my daughters becoming a "sex toy" for some superannuated womanizer. Nor would i want them to become teenage baby makers to increase the stats and population of a cult.
Women have much more diverse opportunities to develop and exercise their own souls. It is often a waste for anyone to turn their ability to decide over to the whims of a cult and their current ideas of godliness.
The guy was recruiting a "sheep". She's going along. unless you want to give up your ability to decide your own fate, block the guy. Delete his contact info.
He's following normal procedures. Meet and date them outside. Report your progress to your supervisors or "leaders". Invite the "sheep" to a GP (general public) party. If the "sheep" is responsive, go after him/her on a more personal level. It's like facebook targeting ads to suit you.
As the "sheep" is seduced by hearing words that are tailored to his/her personality, they are drawn into the cult where they join the community and forsake all of their worldly possessions to be closer to the cult and thru the cult, to Jesus.
It's a very effective method.

ArcticFromClosed

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2019 04:16 pm
I wonder what's in that gallon Ziploc bag that she is so protective of. Of course, attempting to retrieve the documents would be of high risk, but perhaps one of high reward. In any case, I hope you made it out okay.

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » Help! Just found out my boyfriends family is "the family" / COG
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 02:59:35