xFamily Publications Database launched!

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » xFamily Publications Database launched!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 11:08 pm
xFamily Publications Database launched!
We, the editors of xFamily.org, are pleased to announce our new "xFamily.org Publications Database". You can find it here: http://pubs.xfamily.org

The database is currently in "beta" form and we will be adding many more texts (i.e. just about anything the Children of God / The Family International has ever published, with and without their purges) soon. The database currently only has the "Mo Letters" (all the way up to February 2007).

The search field currently provides only basic search capabilities. We will be adding advanced search capabilities soon.

We welcome any comments or suggestions.

m 2

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 01:32 am
Sweet!

The search seems a little unintuitive though, I mean you get the letter numbers but not the titles, which at first made me think it wasn't working.

Thorwald 1

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 02:19 am
m wrote:
The search seems a little unintuitive though, I mean you get the letter numbers but not the titles, which at first made me think it wasn't working.

Yeah. We are working on that. It will eventually display the titles alongside the results. The advanced search will allow you to search by year, author, category, etc.

Anonymous

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2007 07:43 am
Links should be underlined (or otherwise differentiated from text).

alieninside

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 09:29 am
i wish it had the option to pic out which ones are unedited as far and pages being purged. i have a mo book the big fat one with all the combined mo letters if someone wants it. i dont mind giving it up for a good cause =)

m 2

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 04:09 pm
When I type in a Letter name I get nothing, it just shows all the titles as if I didn't make any search. It's useless without a search, unless you already have the link to the letter you want.

Thorwald 1

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 08:56 pm
m wrote:
When I type in a Letter name I get nothing

It works fine for me. For an example, if I type "Nehemiah" in the search for Titles, I get the following link: Nehemiah.

Can you give me a specific example of what you are trying to search for and I will give it a try?

m 2

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 12:20 am
I'm looking for The Big Lie.

Thorwald 1

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 09:28 am
m wrote:
I'm looking for The Big Lie.

Ah! I made the default search ignore articles (a, an, the) and small words. All three of your search words just happen to be three letters. I will fix that.

In the mean time, try searching for the full title, "The Big Lie--Exposed".

m 2

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 03:52 pm
Ok, cool.

Anonymous

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2009 05:10 pm

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » xFamily Publications Database launched!
Copyright © 2014 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 10/24/2014 at 06:34:18