Fresh Meat...

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

SJoseph

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 06:55 pm
Hello. I'm new to this forum but definitely not to forums.

I have a few years of college done, and I find myself researching fields of philosophy and physics everyday for hours. So why not join a forum and challenge my views and the views of others?

I am... semi-determined on becoming a professor in a University, so we'll see where that leads. (apparently not the easiest of feats)

I joke a lot and can take a joke. I love to debate, especially if I am found wrong. Hopefully I bring something to the boards.

Regards.

Sam. :brickwall:

jgweed

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 07:14 pm
@SJoseph,
Welcome to the Philforum!
Healthy discussion and debate, done with common courtesy, improves everyone's thinking and exposes everyone to other perspectives they might not have considered before.
Regards,
John

Bonaventurian

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 07:18 pm
@SJoseph,
What's your major?

William

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 07:20 pm
@SJoseph,
Hello, Sam and welcome. Yes, there will be pros and cons as in all debates and our hope is to meet in the middle as we merge and find a universal truth all can benefit from. In your debate please maintain a respect and consideration for no one walks in the others shoes. Debate is a good thing if done with a finesse free of guile, condescension and hit & run tactics. Welcome to the forum of the world mind. Glad to have you.

William

Leonard

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 09:36 pm
@SJoseph,
Welcome to the Forum. I hope to read your blogs and threads. Also, consider using the chat, because we are trying to get more people to use it.

SJoseph

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 10:37 pm
@William,
Bonaventurian;71944 wrote:
What's your major?

It was in general Philosophy, but I took a year off to take a nice job. I moved to Jacksonville a few months ago where UNF has a masters program in Practical Philosophy & Applied Ethics that looks interesting.

William;71945 wrote:
Hello, Sam and welcome. Yes, there will be pros and cons as in all debates and our hope is to meet in the middle as we merge and find a universal truth all can benefit from. In your debate please maintain a respect and consideration for no one walks in the others shoes. Debate is a good thing if done with a finesse free of guile, condescension and hit & run tactics. Welcome to the forum of the world mind. Glad to have you.

William

I try to maintain impeccable manners, and the logical fallacies are one of my favorite topics in philosophy. (so hopefully all of my arguments are somewhat sound)

Thanks for the welcomes!

Didymos Thomas

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 11:25 pm
@SJoseph,
Welcome to the forum!

Theaetetus

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2009 10:44 pm
@SJoseph,
Welcome to the forum! Good luck on your quest to becoming a philosophy professor. I am in the same boat as you. I have 16 credits left in my undergrad, and then I am off to grad school.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:22:04