Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

PatrickM

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 09:52 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
Pretty boring really, it's just my first name and last initial haha

hammersklavier

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 02:46 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
Originally I went by the handle sMichael (first initial and middle name) on other fora but last spring I changed it to hammersklavier. I was trying to use the name of the Beethoven sonata, but I accidentally inserted an extra "s" into it.

meridius

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 06:45 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
meridius is an old roman name used in my fav movie, gladiator

wickedblonde

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 05:45 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
Wow, there are certainly some very intriguing names here, what an interesting group! My user name is one I have used for a few years in different places. I was looking for something different, and "Something Wicked This Way Comes" has always been a favorite book of mine, so I added that together with the fact that I am blonde, and there you have it :-) I like it because it does prompt comments from time to time

autumnramc

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 11:25 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
For years I used a number of aliases until I realized the best name to use is your own.
autumnramcg
e overn

Zetetic11235

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 12:00 am
@PhilosophyForum,
a.1.Seeking; proceeding by inquiry.Zetetic method (Math.) the method used for finding the value of unknown quantities by direct search, in investigation, or in the solution of problems.- Hutton.
n.1.A seeker; - a name adopted by some of the Pyrrhonists.
Cite: Zetetic - definition of Zetetic by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21....The Fibonacci numbers first appeared, under the name mātrāmeru (mountain of cadence), in the work of the Sanskrit grammarian Pingala (Chandah-shāstra, the Art of Prosody, 450 or 200 BC). Prosody was important in ancient Indian ritual because of an emphasis on the purity of utterance. The Indian mathematician Virahanka (6th century AD) showed how the Fibonacci sequence arose in the analysis of metres with long and short syllables. Subsequently, the Jain philosopher Hemachandra (c.1150) composed a well-known text on these. A commentary on Virahanka's work by Gopāla in the 12th century also revisits the problem in some detail.
Cite: Fibonacci number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

catfood phil

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2008 05:47 am
@Zetetic11235,
I use the same name on all forums. It is what I got called at school by the usual group of antagonists.
My real name is Felix.

StupidBoy phil

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 12:54 am
@PhilosophyForum,
Stupid-boy is a relationship advice forum that I used to spend a lot of time on, but I used it because I liked the implications that it brings to a forum like this. It is my opinion that we cannot learn anything of importance (philosophically speaking) until we unlearn many of the "facts" that we take for granted. You cannot achieve wisdom until you accept that you are not wise. I can't say that it happens every day, but quite often when I'm contemplating philosophical issues, I amaze myself with how foolish or wrongheaded an assumption I've held all my life is.

Majic

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 06:05 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
I use the name Majic because I'm a magician. My stage name is Jerry the Majicman.
Majic

ROBOTER

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2009 05:00 am
@Majic,
I write basic logic programs for various applications in the industrial robot industry. In German robot is "roboter". My first company I worked for was German so I adopted the name ever since.

For an example of what I do here's a link. KUKA

urangutan

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2009 04:53 am
@PhilosophyForum,
Would you believe that I ate orange ice blocks everyday, had longer arms that I grew into, red hair and was comfortable climbing and swinging in a tree, or that I am an old man of the Indonesian forest, who is funnily ugly. Actually I am funnily ugly in both conceptions.

schloopfeng

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 04:54 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
Hello,
I think I posted this explanation on the way in but here goes again, one evening i was trying to think of an abstract identity to allow anonymous access to an underground political activist site, while pondering i was making a cup of tea & as i ejected the teabag from the spoon into my metal bin i got schloop as it left the spoon & feng when it hit the side of the bin, from this i got into the site ....it was dead really.....so i used the same id in an anarchist community .... that community closed down just after my first posting .....well i might have been a little harsh on them i suppose:whistling: ......all i wanted was something for my mind to work on ......now i'm here .....it's great here ......tea anyone?
TTFN:shocked:

Poseidon

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 05:39 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
I bought my first house because it was the only one in my price range that was near the ocean.
When signing on the form, I looked at the address: 1 Poseidon crescent.

I needed a new website, and thought Poseidons.net had interesting connotations, as Poseidon's Net would be the net that catches peoples dreams, the water being the only certain metaphor for the subconscious in Jungian dream interpretation.

Its a great concept for webdesign : King of the Surf.

The Archetype of Poseidon can equate to Gandalf in the lord of the rings :
http://www.poseidons.net/website-statistics/website-statistics-in-south-africa.jpg

Then I discovered why the sky and the sea are blue:
Why is the sky blue? : graphs and pictures

After studying the Bible extensively, I came to the conclusion that Christ is the Archetype of Poseidon, and have written a poem as to why I believe this:
Gods of the Sea... cyber poem.

And I have a long beard and long hair down to my backside, and yes my greatest experience was swimming with wild dolphins on a few occasions, once they were an arms length away.

And I only feel relaxed if I am within a short walk of the ocean, and I happily swim in winter. My favourite food is ... you guessed it : tunafish, or fish and chips. My dads a sailor, and I am a bit obsessed with the color aquamarine.

I am also prone to storm like mood swings, gentle or thunderous.

The synchronicity of all of these events, even had me wondering if I actually was Poseidon, after all. :eek: Except, that would be hubris... or would it?

bundo

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 06:35 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
The name im currently using was from my uncle from back in the day. I use the name Bundo in diffrent types of games,email adrresses and much more. I think bundo orignally came from an old wrestler, Im not quite sure about it. But one's thing for sure i use it alot.Smile

rambo phil

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2009 03:29 am
@PhilosophyForum,
I always liked the movie. Also I thought it would be comical.

Dichanthelium

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 11:12 am
@PhilosophyForum,
One of my favorite areas of research is field botany. One of many intriguing plant groups is the genus Dichanthelium, in the Grass family. I have studied it fairly carefully for about five years, and though I have made some progress, it remains mysterious to me. Many of the plants we find in the field cannot be confidently identified as to species. Experts argue among themselves. So, mystery, natural history, memories of being in the outdoors with friends, acquaintance with scholars, all these things come together in Dichanthelium.

epeapteroeda

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 08:27 am
@Dichanthelium,
Hi all,

my username actually consists of two ancient greek words: epea and pteroeda (phonetic rendering - greek: έπεα πτερόεντα), and can be translated as "winged words" or "flying words". They were first used by Homer in his Iliad epic (Iliad A, 201), in a sense that words get out of our mouth and are blown by the wind. Quite often they are used as the opposite of the latin "scripta manent" (writings remain) expression.

A prosperous New Year to everyone!

TaraD

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 08:41 am
@Salo phil,
My mom gave it to me :bigsmile: Lame huh :sarcastic:

sarathustrah

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 01:00 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
My name is Sara. I spoofed Nietzsche.

Vanya

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 11:46 am
@PhilosophyForum,
I change my name every 100 odd posts. I'm in a cycle of Slav names at the moment.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 06:32:43