How did you get your name?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

CharmingPhlsphr

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2010 06:01 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
I have spent years studying particular areas of theology and philosophy, eventually branching out on my own. Many of my lady friends also have taken a liking to expressing appreciation for how charming I can be. Arrogance and conceit aside, that is the reason for the name.

iThink

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 08:53 am
@CharmingPhlsphr,
It's what I do Smile

th3539

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 07:41 am
@PhilosophyForum,
I got this name from when I used to sail. I eventually got my brother's boat once he moved on and it was called "The Hustler" . Its sail number was 3539, so that's where 'th3539' comes from.

Simple and somewhat meaningless but extremely easy to remember =]

Leafish

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 01:22 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
They wouldn't allow me Leaf. Sad Wink

Xenophon82

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2010 10:50 am
@Leafish,
Well, Xenophon and me have a lot in common, both admirers of Socrates, horses and running away from your problems.:Glasses:

hyst999

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2010 09:02 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
When I was in fourth grade I was fascinated by the word hysteria. In addition, I love the numbers nine and three.

Cheers!

lazymon

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 03:10 am
@PhilosophyForum,
My name suits me well. I am described by most as lazy. Not that I don't care about things but because of a genetic disorder that causes me much depression and pain. For this reason I spend a lot of my time pondering "god" and the purpose of all living things. I am not condoning laziness in anyway it is just a name that always is stuck in my head.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 10:29 am
@Psycho phil,
U should meet my friends HexHammer and sometime sun on the forum

lazymon

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 10:36 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Yes, there is so much to read about on this forum. I was reading a bit of sometime sun's interview.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 10:41 am
@lazymon,
He is becoming a better poet. HexHammer noticed also.

PepI/O

xelzaar

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 08:27 am
@PhilosophyForum,
Years ago I started to write a scifi novel - never finished it - and I randomly chose xelzaar as the title.

Now I use the name online because nobody else has taken it.

How do you pronounce it?

'xel' sounds like 'excel'.

'zaar' sounds like 'czar'.

Hence, 'excel - czar'.

I'm certainly glad I bumped into this forum. I believe I'll feel at home here.

---------- Post added 05-06-2010 at 12:33 AM ----------

I tried writing a scifi novel years ago. Failed. My command of the English language couldn't compete with my vivid imagination.

I was to call it xelzaar.

Now I use the name online because nobody else has come up with it.

Pronounced: 'excel' - 'czar'.

lazymon

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 01:35 pm
@xelzaar,
Awesome, maybe you could write the novel the best you can and then go back and "tweak" the language until you are happy with it.

I am also planning on writing a book someday. Reading this forum helps in getting your mind to follow a straight path. Before I found this forum I found myself thinking in circles. It helps to write down what I am thinking so I can go back and see why I am beating brain against a brick wall :brickwall: like him. He never stops.

kplax

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 09:23 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
This has been my gaming alias for probably 10 years now Razz

lazymon

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 09:57 pm
@kplax,
So 10 years ago I am think you were maybe into some counterstrike or everquest? I know I was a counter-striker at that time. :detective:

All my quake 2 buddies left and were absorbed into everquest. I still do a little first person shooters like battlefield bad company 2 is amazing.

Render

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 07:35 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
I used the first CAPATCHA word from the field below.

MessageOfLife

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 09:02 pm
@Render,
This name was actually just born quite recently. I decided to start a youtube channel to share my experiences as a Christian and to create a place for people to discuss or learn about Christianity. I write a bit of poetry have have gotten into the habit of always trying to put as much meaning into as short a phrase as I can. So after a week of brainstorming I can down to two names that I like and weren't already taken. AtPeaceWithGod and MessageOfLife. I turned AtPeaceWithGod into a channel to be shared amongst my friends and I and kept MesasgeOfLife for myself. Sorry for the way too long explanation but that is the story behind the name.

Check out YouTube - AtPeaceWithGod's Channel if you feel so inclined.

Jeremy phil

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 05:04 pm
@MessageOfLife,
I was born with the name
Pubert Zenon Peabody III,
I wanted a normal name so i choose to be called Jeremy on the internet Smile

My given name literally means "one who makes up stories"

AntiReality

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 08:47 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
My friends and I were having a discussion about religion and philosophic viewpoints (as per usual) and it led to an interesting point.

We started proving each other's points wrong.
Then i said, "prove to me you exist"
and then nobody could.
So we said prove that anything exists.
We couldn't.
And finally we decided that reality doesn't exist along with everything.
So that's why I'm Anti Reality Very Happy

(not really anti-reality though, just funny)

zum parkbrau

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 01:04 am
@PhilosophyForum,
Hey everybody!

I actually picked up my name from my travels as a military brat growing up. Zum_Parkbrau was actually the name of this little hole in the wall tavern in Germany that sold me alcohol =) huge thing for 14 year olds! haha

---------- Post added 05-24-2010 at 12:06 AM ----------

certainly you can prove you exist right? I mean the work is pretty much done for you there. Just think... think... BAM there you are

Nullifidian

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 07:58 pm
@zum parkbrau,
Nullifidian is from the Latin nullus and fides. So the root means "no faith" and that is exactly what a nullifidian is: someone who has no religious beliefs or the state of having no religious beliefs.

I picked it when I was more interested than I am now in religious arguments on the internet. Even though my attitude towards religious arguments has changed, I'm still a nullifidian, so it still fits. I also like the way it rolls off the tongue, and I have many favorite words for that reason alone, like "juxtapose". I taught myself that word at the age of six and I was really happy about that.

I also liked playing with words in arrangements, and my father still jokes to me about the day I went to the zoo and created the construction "diesel aardvark" on the way home. That might not be a bad nickname either. :bigsmile:

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 07:23:36