Perfection

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 27 May, 2011 10:20 pm
Ok so here's the question, and I apologize if a topic has been made on the subject already.

If you had the chance to achieve absolute perfection as a being, would you accept it or deny it?

Also, do you believe perfection exists?

When I think about it I come to the conclusion that being in constant happiness and or enlightenment, there would be no room for improvement. No joy you could gain, nothing new to experience, it'd be like an eternity long acid trip in an office cubicle.

The same tedious bliss you've come to know and love (?) for an eternity with no hope for change.

Dirt

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 07:54 pm
@Knowledge0rWisdom,
I would argue that perfection kindof doesn't exist. There may be that which is at the top, but that which is at the top seems to be continuelly changeing. So in the sense of there being a thing that would be best and constently the best, if that is what perfection is, I'd say it doesn't really exist.

Gwutzi

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 07:11 am
Perfection does exist, but for most in small doses by perfectionists; to gain a more lengthly one newmust meditate and hope to achieve enlightenment.
To defend the state of enlightenment, each moment to an enlightened one, a buddha is fresh and new. He awakends to every new phase and form of life with every passing hour as his mind gives place to new thoughts, his new understanding gives him place to new ideas; he never is bored tho he is bored; He simply is sufficient of things hence seen by non aware people as fixed or so; His competion is not as such as a fixed matter... etc i hope u understand the differances

JLNobody

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2016 07:34 pm
@Gwutzi,
It seems to me that everything is perfectly what it is.
JLNobody

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 10:27:51