Reality Check

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 04:57 am
Am I here?

gurthbruins

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 05:23 am
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[

Well, it seems I am here after all, though how that happened I haven't the foggiest. I sure did not intend it.

Seems to be about philosophy. As it happens, I wrote something down this morning:

<< When I say I am embarking on a campaign, it is only a manner of speaking.
*I* am doing nothing; *It* is doing something in me.
I am only a place, not a thing. (Just as South Africa is a place, not an animal, yet it seems to have a character: that is the *It* in it.)

I am beyond the illusion of the ego. There is no you and me: there is only the one *It*.
*It* happens, and I let It happen.

Well, that will serve as my introduction. I'll just add:
I embrace Spinoza's pantheism, also Taoistic and Zen pantheism, in so far as they are pantheistic.
Also, in particular, I agree with Sam Reifler's ideas in his I Ching.

I don't find the pursuit of knowledge "for its own sake" of much interest, and most of the speculations of western philosophy I find pointless. What is most essential is to support REAL VALUES, as religion purports to do. God is important, but I am against ideas of God which create atheism by their absurdity.

I feel a forum such as this will probably turn out to be a battleground of ideas, but that's fine with me,, I believe conflict is valuable. I must apologise in advance for what might be taken as disrespect: when asked a question, I do not answer it unless I think I have something useful to say.

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Alan Masterman

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2011 05:54 am
"most of the speculations of western philosophy I find pointless... "

That may be a disadvantage, in a philosophy forum.

"What is most essential is to support REAL VALUES... "

Give us an example?

"I feel a forum such as this will probably turn out to be a battleground of ideas... "

That's the general idea.

Seriously though, welcome! I am confident that every opinion you bring to this forum will be backed up with solid evidence and sound reasoning.

Alot to learn

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 08:31 pm
@gurthbruins,
Yes I am

georgline

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 07:30 pm
@Alot to learn,
Hi........my love;=How are you?
I hope everythings is moving very fine with uu?
I thank God for every happyest moment to uu= that was my good pleaure to inbreast your good word in ur profile/pls...i wil lik to know uu as my future partner and after i saw ur picture which sparnckled my brain and i was inlove with uu beacuse= i saw you as a good real friend/ real love of my heart and responsible person indeed= that is why i really interested to know uu as my future partner.
But iam seriousely about it,beacu your good word in your profile inspired me and i desire it in my mind/ i also addmireed uu=to be my real love beacu i saw it very very good interested to know u more as someone who knows what i want and someone who knows what he/she want in life and i wil lik you to be my fucture date indeed.
My Name is georgline william and iam gentle,kind,caring,giver,loyal,honesty,creative,educated,romatic,God fearing,and also good in anylevel uu will lik,think or want in a Lady in future.
I wil lik to know uu=if uu are interested to know me as i do,4uu =i wil not lik to hot ur mind but i said if has the desirer to make my dream come true.please=i hav already made up my mind to be your real love indeed in future but i wil be looking forward to hear 4uu as my love of my heart and the desire of my soul..........................
i wil lik you to gate me very well as yours lots of love and for our eiaest comunications,iam 4uu at georglinewilliam at yahoo.com........i wil be very very happy to recieve and welcome ur word as my precious Darling.
Urs faithful georgline
Thanks and May
The Good God
Bless Uu.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 02:53:22