THE VENUS PROJECT

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Age of Enlightenment
  3. » THE VENUS PROJECT

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

William

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 05:01 am
Jacques Fresco is a very good man with a good mind, a god mind you might say. You won't find him in the media today. He's a very simple man with an extraordinary amount of common sense. Something one doesn't see to much of anymore. He has the sense to know being smart is not necessarily a good thing. Yet he does say technology will save us. I just happen to agree with what this gentleman is offering, though he, himself, can be a little outspoken when surrounded by those who think the status quo is just fine. This man is right on the mark. A resource based economy is the only way we will save ourselves from the damage money has done to the world. If you are one who whoreships, excuse me, worships money, then of course you may not agree with Jacques Fresco. I find it rather unique, even his name depicts outdoor freshness of what can come from allowing the beautiful and abundant natural energy resources work for all of us.

This thread is wide open for anyone to comment as to what THE VENUS PROJECT is all about. I have never been one to ascribe to the opinions of any one individual but in this man's case I am more that happy to make an exception. When asked about CHRISTIANITY, he said he thought is was a good idea; just when are we going to put it into use? Ha!

I very rarely offer support material (links) as to how I think. Frankly because there are not too many people out there that think like I do. This man does. So in this case I will offer a link for your scrutiny here: (Venus Project link). You then can find your own way through the pros and the cons expressed about what this man has offered from this link. As you will notice what this man thinks has not really been viewed by many people.

All I ask, being the author of this thread, is that for those of you who are opposed to what you learn about the VENUS PROJECT, please don't resort to hit and runs; offer good reasons and links that will support your antagonism. Please in all respects do not say "we can't AFFORD to" do what this man thinks or better, dreams. I feel we can't afford not to. Our current method of distributing what we know as wealth is seriously flawed and furthermore is the very problem of all the plagues that have ever befallen us. I not only believe with what this gentle man has to offer, I feel we must start immediately in applying a universal effort to insure what this man dreams will come true. If we are to have a better future, when do you think we should start? The amazing thing is this future will not cost us a dime if we all participate in this VENUS PROJECT. I like that. Do you?

William

Krumple

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 05:35 am
@William,
I have researched quite a bit about him and his project. One of the biggest things that I find fault with is his main premise. I think he ignores the human condition. There are many people who do not want things to go nicely. They actually strive on creating hardships for others, they relish in the experience to create difficulty. They want nothing more than to create problems for others. This is not a small group either, and every year more of them get born. The reason why? Because it is a part of the human condition. It will always be a part of us, it is not something that is taught, it is not something that happens out of neglect. It is not something that happens out of lack of education. It simply is a human personality. There is no solution for it, you can't kill them or eradicate them or remove them from influencing society to fall into their traps. They reason why? Because you don't know who they are until they have already created the damage.

One such person was Hitler. If people knew what he was planning they probably could have stopped it before it got as big as it did. Now there might not be as large of an icon currently, but they do happen and will continue to happen. Most world leaders have these sorts of mentalities. They don't want things to go peacefully, instead they want to create the biggest racket they can, while they can and they don't care about who tries to get in the way.

This is the reason that his ideas will never happen. Certain individuals will find ways to sabotage it.

William

Reply Sun 30 May, 2010 03:13 am
@Krumple,
Krumple;170323 wrote:
I have researched quite a bit about him and his project.

You have? Perhaps you need to do a little more re-search as to what those "humans" are saying; not then, but now. You, as many like you, keep bringing up the past and for those who do, who knows, they may be destined to live there? I hear this man's extreme logic and his ethical nature and his love for his fellow man. Perhaps you have lost your faith in your brother, I never will. I believe he is just young, that's all. In the broad picture we just got here. Perhaps you are not as free as you think; for as this man says; "Truly free people don't need to be told they are free".

YouTube - Zeitgeist - Imagine

Lyrics:

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

William

Krumple

Reply Sun 30 May, 2010 03:33 am
@William,
You can have optimism all you want, there will still be people who kill other people for what ever reason. It is a little naive to think that it will never happen.

William

Reply Sun 30 May, 2010 05:10 am
@Krumple,
Krumple;170751 wrote:
You can have optimism all you want,

Thank you, sir, for you allowing me to have that. It was very generous of you. Ha!

William

amist

Reply Sun 30 May, 2010 05:18 am
@Krumple,
Krumple;170751 wrote:
You can have optimism all you want, there will still be people who kill other people for what ever reason. It is a little naive to think that it will never happen.

Just because the ideal state may be unattainable is no reason to just throw our hands up and give up on making anything better.

Krumple

Reply Sun 30 May, 2010 05:27 am
@amist,
amist;170772 wrote:
Just because the ideal state may be unattainable is no reason to just throw our hands up and give up on making anything better.

I am not saying to toss your hands up and give up. I am saying the solution must account for these types of people. If you leave them out of the equation you will sell people on an unrealistic goal. Selling unrealistic goals will condemn the goal when problems arise. If you account for these things then people wont be off put when they happen.

amist

Reply Sun 30 May, 2010 05:31 am
@Krumple,
Krumple;170773 wrote:
I am not saying to toss your hands up and give up. I am saying the solution must account for these types of people. If you leave them out of the equation you will sell people on an unrealistic goal. Selling unrealistic goals will condemn the goal when problems arise. If you account for these things then people wont be off put when they happen.

It seems like if the goal isn't going to be an ideal, then you shouldn't be putting a cap on it with stuff like goals in the first place, since you're not trying to reach some particular point but maximize progress.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Age of Enlightenment
  3. » THE VENUS PROJECT
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 01:44:05