jihad Poem

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Icon

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 06:21 am
@xris,
xris;91716 wrote:
I'm not going anywhere with this are you paranoid? Did i make any comment that inferred your attention? I made the comment that the Indian swastika revolved the opposite way and the Nazis turned a symbol of peace into a symbol of horror.
Nazi Swastika or Ancient Symbol?

I had heard this but was unsure. I also know that the nazi's used many religious symbols in their medals and awards. Also, it is important to point out that the Nazi's felt that religious items could be used as a weapon against the people of the world. Hitler felt that he was to find the "weapons of God" in order to bring the chaos to and end.

There was something seriously wrong with that man.

Back to the topic at hand. I was reading the Qu'ran this weekend and had forgotten how beautiful some of the phrasing is. I find it sad that, like Hitler, the Jihad extremists are using Islam as a weapon instead of a way of peace as it was intended.

xris

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 06:43 am
@Icon,
Icon;92354 wrote:
I had heard this but was unsure. I also know that the nazi's used many religious symbols in their medals and awards. Also, it is important to point out that the Nazi's felt that religious items could be used as a weapon against the people of the world. Hitler felt that he was to find the "weapons of God" in order to bring the chaos to and end.

There was something seriously wrong with that man.

Back to the topic at hand. I was reading the Qu'ran this weekend and had forgotten how beautiful some of the phrasing is. I find it sad that, like Hitler, the Jihad extremists are using Islam as a weapon instead of a way of peace as it was intended.
I have no doubt that there are many wonderful words and scripts in the Koran. Without bringing the wrath of others, i have, opted not to criticise the Koran, as it appears beyond reproach. I no longer wish to be classified as a bigoted oaf, without those claims being proven or questioned. I have seen moderators involved in these debates call me names and even close threads with no chance of reply. Islam is a closed subject to me as it is obviously protected by higher powers than i can muster. Thanks xris.

Icon

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 09:45 am
@xris,
xris;92361 wrote:
I have no doubt that there are many wonderful words and scripts in the Koran. Without bringing the wrath of others, i have, opted not to criticise the Koran, as it appears beyond reproach. I no longer wish to be classified as a bigoted oaf, without those claims being proven or questioned. I have seen moderators involved in these debates call me names and even close threads with no chance of reply. Islam is a closed subject to me as it is obviously protected by higher powers than i can muster. Thanks xris.

I understand your frustration and I can see where your coming from definitely. I wonder though, can you see nothing beautiful about Islam? I am asking a direct question and will take all of the consequences of your reply.

xris

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 12:37 pm
@Icon,
Icon;92423 wrote:
I understand your frustration and I can see where your coming from definitely. I wonder though, can you see nothing beautiful about Islam? I am asking a direct question and will take all of the consequences of your reply.
Sorry Icon i just wrote a long speech and it was not very nice. What can i say that wont create bad feelings, i honestly dont know if i can overlook certain aspects of Islam and admire the good parts.

I can remember a time when i listened to script being sung by a young Muslim, im not sure what its called , it reduced me to tears listening to the beauty of it. I have no problem with beauty wherever it flowers, but i cant abide dogmatic authority that gives men of hate permission to kill.

Icon

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 12:54 pm
@xris,
xris;92472 wrote:
Sorry Icon i just wrote a long speech and it was not very nice. What can i say that wont create bad feelings, i honestly dont know if i can overlook certain aspects of Islam and admire the good parts.

I can remember a time when i listened to script being sung by a young Muslim, im not sure what its called , it reduced me to tears listening to the beauty of it. I have no problem with beauty wherever it flowers, but i cant abide dogmatic authority that gives men of hate permission to kill.

But surely you can see that this is not all men. Christians have done the same for centuries. As have Jews. Countries do this still and claim religion.

"In God We Trust" as we bomb the world from a far. Surely you must admit that all aspects of life can be good or evil merely by how we perceive it. It all depends on which side of the fence we are sitting I suppose but this is why I choose to sit at the end of the fence, not choosing sides, not having to as my section isn't finished yet.

xris

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 01:13 pm
@Icon,
Icon;92476 wrote:
But surely you can see that this is not all men. Christians have done the same for centuries. As have Jews. Countries do this still and claim religion.

"In God We Trust" as we bomb the world from a far. Surely you must admit that all aspects of life can be good or evil merely by how we perceive it. It all depends on which side of the fence we are sitting I suppose but this is why I choose to sit at the end of the fence, not choosing sides, not having to as my section isn't finished yet.
If its christians claiming authority to give dogmatic beliefs that kill thousands of children ,jews finding reasons to occupy others lands,then i will speak against it. Im not fussy who I criticise but I refuse to accept the face of innocence when it smiles at me.

Icon

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 01:41 pm
@xris,
xris;92481 wrote:
If its christians claiming authority to give dogmatic beliefs that kill thousands of children ,jews finding reasons to occupy others lands,then i will speak against it. Im not fussy who I criticise but I refuse to accept the face of innocence when it smiles at me.

I suppose what I am trying to say is that Christian's and Jew's ARE doing this. They are doing it in your face but they are much more subtle about it. Remember when Israel invaded Gaza? They bombed a UN sanctuary killing dozens of innocent people because they heard that a few insurgents had taken refuge. And America makes no quams about being a Christian nation as we attempt to stomp out "terrorism" which we so eloquently neglect mentioning as Islamic extremists which we trained AND supplied.

It is all from where you are sitting my friend. We are all evil. We just choose which evil we would rather be a part of by which one gives us the better benefit.

Pangloss

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 03:15 pm
@Icon,
Icon;92489 wrote:
We are all evil.

Hmm. I don't think most of us are. But the evil ones always end up creating a bad rap for everyone else who happens to reside in one of their circles.

salima

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 07:17 pm
@xris,
xris;92472 wrote:

what you would have heard was the qur'an in arabic. i read and study it in english, but i also love to listen to it in arabic. i have a theory that the sound will bypass all the verbal blocks in the mind and the real higher meaning will go straight through to the heart.

why do you think it is these words could have affected you so much? it is quite commong for a listener to be brought to tears, whether they understand arabic or not.

xris

Reply Tue 22 Sep, 2009 03:28 am
@salima,
salima;92584 wrote:
what you would would have heard was the qur'an in arabic. i read and study it in english, but i also love to listen to it in arabic. i have a theory that the sound will bypass all the verbal blocks in the mind and the real higher meaning will go straight through to the heart.

why do you think it is these words could have affected you so much? it is quite commong for a listener to be brought to tears, whether they understand arabic or not.
I suppose it was the love of his god being expressed in words. I have no problem with love or beauty, its the nasty dogmatic things in life that inspire me to anger. Believe it or not I have made friends with Muslims and we have had a very good understanding. My findings are, the singer not the song has usually made me come to that understanding.

salima

Reply Tue 22 Sep, 2009 08:58 am
@xris,
xris;92655 wrote:
I suppose it was the love of his god being expressed in words. I have no problem with love or beauty, its the nasty dogmatic things in life that inspire me to anger. Believe it or not I have made friends with Muslims and we have had a very good understanding. My findings are, the singer not the song has usually made me come to that understanding.

the singer didnt write the words though. so was it the words or the love that shone through in the voice of the singer? i thought about that myself. maybe sometimes it is only one or the other and sometimes both. if you are moved by love and beauty, which i believe you are or you wouldnt be interested in poetry, which i know you are, then it would be easy to see that you would be moved by someone's devotion.

i do know that there are some people who care nothing for beauty or love but have been moved to tears by the qur'an alone, and the words that they heard but did not understand on a verbal level. i dont know of any other book or piece of writing that is able to do that.

thanks for your beautiful thoughts, xris.

xris

Reply Tue 22 Sep, 2009 09:08 am
@salima,
Two singers and one has soul the other just a voice, If your going to sing sing with joy. Maybe I'm biased as my pub voice is only ever delivered with joy and lots of enthusiasm.

Who knows what brings our emotions to that point, if i knew ide bottle it.Thanks xris..

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 07:13:57