Love of truth

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2010 03:40 pm
A video with Manley P Hall giving a lecture.

Here's what the site says: "This great lecture begins with the 5th century Christian philosopher Boethius, alone in his prison awaiting death. There in his cell, a beautiful woman adorned in radiant clothing introduces Herself as Truth, come to be with him the rest of his life. Mr. Hall tells us how we too can commit ourselves to Truth, an infinite being, how Truth will come to us and we are never left alone."

The Manly P. Hall Archive Love of Truth

I would love to hear others' thoughts.

jeeprs

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2010 09:45 pm
@Zachariah,
I am glad you have discovered Manly P. Hall. I don't know much about him, but I think he is very interesting, and I know that Botheius was held in very high regard throughout Christendom. I have looked at the Website of the Manly P Hall university, it has a lot of interesting content.

One could imagine that the beautiful woman is none other than Sophia, Goddess of Wisdom. She is also known in the East as the Goddess Prajnaparamita.

I wrote a song once called For Sophia. I don't know if this link will work, but it might:

ReverbNation Player

Mrknowspeople

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2022 05:30 am
@Zachariah,
Zachariah wrote:

A video with Manley P Hall giving a lecture.

Here's what the site says: "This great lecture begins with the 5th century Christian philosopher Boethius, alone in his prison awaiting death. There in his cell, a beautiful woman adorned in radiant clothing introduces Herself as Truth, come to be with him the rest of his life. Mr. Hall tells us how we too can commit ourselves to Truth, an infinite being, how Truth will come to us and we are never left alone."

The Manly P. Hall Archive Love of Truth

I would love to hear others' thoughts. Literally, I like to rewrite what I wrote apparently using you to write it. Then confessed that we are continuing.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 07:47:28