Kojeve on Hegel

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 01:39 am

Introduction to the reading of Hegel - Google Books

I think this book is great. Kojeve's lectures were notated by one man and translated by another. Somehow it all worked out.

I confess. I have read more about Hegel than I have of Hegel himself. This doesn't matter much to me, as I can't read German in any case.

If Kojeve distorts Hegel, I salute him all the more. Kojeve gave these lectures on Hegel after being exposed to Marx and Heidegger.

I would like to talk about the book in general, and anything related to it.

Reconstructo

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 02:13 pm
@Reconstructo,
I've got to bump this. It's too good.

Reconstructo

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 01:07 am
@Reconstructo,
These are some phrases and paraphrases of this book.

Self-consciously self-conscious, the Concept, which is Time, becomes Eternity.

Reason is the process whereby Time becomes conscious of itself as Time and conceptualization becomes conscious of itself as conceptualization. Man as man is concept, and time is both made possible by concept and makes conceptualization possible.

Time is the concept, which is nonbeing, penetrating being. Man is the vessel of Time. Time is Man's Spirit.

Time is the imposition of nonbeing/concept upon Space/Being (as project) and Being upon Time which is also memory/nonbeing/concept.

Time only exists in Space as Concept/Non-being/Fantasy/Memory. (1i)

In the case of the Philosopher, Time penetrates itself. Time is conceptualization, so the penetration of Time into Time, or concept into concept, is the conceptualization of itself as conceptualization. It conceives of itself as something that conceives us of itself. It conceives of itself as concept which is the source of meaningful time, or History.

In the beginning was the Logos, and Logos was made flesh (Man). The Logos is Concept is Time is Man is Spirit is Man's Self Consciousness. Spirit is Being's self-consciousness.

When Time finishes eating itself it is no longer Time but Eternity. When conceptualizaiton is finally conceptualized, it is no longer concept but Truth. Perfect self consciousness is static. It is no longer just concept/nonbeing but the perfect mirror of being.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 10:54:52