Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

lisaglenfield

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 11:47 am
@ImMachiavellian,
LAUGHTER!!
"David Mckin" and "Lisa Glenfield"

happy forever

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2011 03:09 pm
Hope you still wish to have an answer for this nice topic but there is a prior question, why are we existed?
I have the key of this puzzle.

suroj

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2011 07:30 am
the purpose of life is to live

hamilton

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 06:25 pm
there is no purpose of life. the reason that there IS life is because at the beginning of the universe, conditions were right to cause something to happen. that gave conditions for something else to happen, and so on. we are alive because of a chance at the beginning. everything happens because conditions are perfect for them. there fore, there is no free will, though we think there is. we only think that because the conditions are right. therefore, there is no chance. only what is meant to happen.

kavir1698

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2011 07:09 pm
Regardless of the discussion on the existence of a purpose, human being seems to always have asked this question. From the prospect of evolution, it shows that there has been some advantage in looking for a reason and purpose in life. People without a purpose tend to be wishing to end their lives.
I find the most comprehensive answer to this question is happiness. The ultimate purpose of life is happiness. Everyone is looking for that, in their own ways. Some looking for short-term happiness, some other striving for eternal happiness. So the more important question is how to achieve happiness.

mpetrangelo

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 04:55 pm
The purpose of life is to reproduce life. Too discover what we are to become, too find the answers to who Is GOD, is there a God, are we alone in this universe, too be all we can be and excell at it. We have to learn all we can too make the best of it, too take care of each other so we can be cared for in like manner. The purpose in life is, after all, what we make it.

sharonpustejovsky

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 03:05 pm
@ImMachiavellian,
To contribute something while you are on this earth - talent, written words, shared wisdom to name a few. To leave this world without leaving behind something for others to remember you by would seem like a life lived meaninglessly.

sharonpustejovsky

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 03:08 pm
@mpetrangelo,
The purpose of life is also to give hope to the hopeless. Hope of much more.

sharonpustejovsky

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 03:09 pm
@kavir1698,
Sometimes to acquire happiness we must go through pain. I try to remember that happiness does not always begin with pleasure.

ekompute

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 05:42 am
In the final analysis, the purpose of life is no different from that of other living beings, i.e. to procreate and to ensure the survival of the homo sapiens species. But because man has a mind that thinks and can easily gets bored, he complicates things by making life really complex.

ekompute

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 05:50 am
@sharonpustejovsky,
sharonpustejovsky wrote:

Sometimes to acquire happiness we must go through pain. I try to remember that happiness does not always begin with pleasure.

Sharonpustejovsky, you are right. The capacity for feeling happy comes from past experiences of unhappiness. Without ever experiencing unhappiness, one cannot experience happiness. Happiness and unhappiness are two sides of the same coin. Take for example a mundane thing such as a glass of water. We drink it without feeling even the slightest tinge of happiness nor gratitude. But give it to a man lost in the desert who hadn't had a drink for the last three days and he would willing exchange his gold for your glass of water.

No0ne

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2011 08:06 pm
Many ask and answer the question's "what is the meaning of life", and "what is the purpose of life"....Yet what is meaning, and what is purpose? For those whom take meaning and purpose and apply it to anything other than meaning and purpose themselves shall certainly have ones head in the clouds, missing the view..

ashkan

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2012 04:21 am
in my opinion, it is impossible to specify a goal for each person,even for all the mankind when one has no belief in God.when we restrict our world to this life only, is when the problem emerges .and it's reason is that we all will die in the end and in general , it doesn't matter what you do in life because the end will be the same for all.so... i think the extension of this life to another may be beneficial for some ,since that is where fantasies can be dreamed of , besides, thinking of a life beyond this one can be productive for it is supposed to be made by what you do now , either good or evil .

georgline

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 07:32 pm
@ashkan,
Hi........my love;=How are you?
I hope everythings is moving very fine with uu?
I thank God for every happyest moment to uu= that was my good pleaure to inbreast your good word in ur profile/pls...i wil lik to know uu as my future partner and after i saw ur picture which sparnckled my brain and i was inlove with uu beacuse= i saw you as a good real friend/ real love of my heart and responsible person indeed= that is why i really interested to know uu as my future partner.
But iam seriousely about it,beacu your good word in your profile inspired me and i desire it in my mind/ i also addmireed uu=to be my real love beacu i saw it very very good interested to know u more as someone who knows what i want and someone who knows what he/she want in life and i wil lik you to be my fucture date indeed.
My Name is georgline william and iam gentle,kind,caring,giver,loyal,honesty,creative,educated,romatic,God fearing,and also good in anylevel uu will lik,think or want in a Lady in future.
I wil lik to know uu=if uu are interested to know me as i do,4uu =i wil not lik to hot ur mind but i said if has the desirer to make my dream come true.please=i hav already made up my mind to be your real love indeed in future but i wil be looking forward to hear 4uu as my love of my heart and the desire of my soul..........................
i wil lik you to gate me very well as yours lots of love and for our eiaest comunications,iam 4uu at georglinewilliam at yahoo.com........i wil be very very happy to recieve and welcome ur word as my precious Darling.
Urs faithful georgline
Thanks and May
The Good God
Bless Uu.

Bob5

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2012 11:51 pm
Traits which survive evolution have purpose. The desire to continue your own survival is so deeply rooted it is called instinctive and has several protective layers built around it (fight or flight, etc). Damned it I know why, though. Perhaps the purpose of life if to question your existence as an individual until a worthy goal is found to sustain your will to survive.

messier3184

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 11:37 am
@Huxley,
Just enjoying is not enough for me. I think it must be something more Sad

messier3184

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 11:55 am
@ImMachiavellian,
Me too, The purpose of my life is just thinking about this question and other philosophical questions. I could not found any thing else to satisfy me. I am waiting to see what happen at the end of this life...it is so interesting.

NoSuchThing

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 04:59 pm
@ImMachiavellian,
Don't know yet. Ask me again when I am on my death bed.

johnmark798

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2012 06:09 am
@harlequin phil,
This is the complicated. If we have good environment around us then we can do anything but you first need to get confidence at yourself .Do just one thing which you want to do in your life.You will get your target.Actually we are confused what we have to do? This is our problem.You should be doing your job perfectly.Don`t lose your heart.

jufa

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 10:22 pm
Hi, I've read through the post in this topic and found no one has ask what is the reason existence exist? To me this is the thrust of any such dialogue as this, for to find purpose of life, one has to ask them self is there a logic for existence? Just something to think upon, but that is another topic altogether.

Before the law, there was no sin, or offenses against God or ones self. The law made one aware that they were birthed into time, and time carries all the stigma of our past lives of the law of karma. It is the law of karma Moses presented to the Children of Israel for it carries conditions of sow this, and you will receive it back, sow that an it will also return to you. We have mistaken the law of Moses as the law of God, but it is not so, for God neither rewards nor punish, for should God be conditional, or of a dual mind set, God would not be "no respector of person. So we ask ourselves, "did God create a body, or are we living in a sense mind?" And then we must realize the mind is a relay station for the sense mind. So can the sense mind exist where the Mind of God is if God is everywhere and everything?

In time everything is a imitation of reality. So what is our purpose, it is to overcome the law of karma and imitation of reality. We are to realize we are here to erase the stigma of me, and merge the law of karma, and indoctrination of the belief "In time everything is a imitation of reality" back into the substance and essence of God. So what happens to me when this occurs, the me dies, and the I of Christ is resurrected from the law of dualism, and ushered into the kingdom of the unconditioned Mind.

Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength - jufa

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 08:02:44