Eureka!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

The Outsider

Reply Thu 27 May, 2010 08:32 pm
@BrightNoon,
I've had a number of Eureka! moments now. A few have stayed with me, a few have faded away. None were enough to overcome my skepticism. Any pointers?

kennethamy

Reply Thu 27 May, 2010 10:46 pm
@cluckk,
cluckk;169639 wrote:
Is that the truth?

Yes, and no...................

Reconstructo

Reply Fri 28 May, 2010 12:14 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;155405 wrote:
Well, sometimes it is. For example, happiness at the misfortunes of others is bad. Or undeserved happiness is certainly not particularly good. The happiness of thieves and murderer at getting away with their crimes is, I think, very bad. Don't you?

Yeah, I agree.. But of course.....

---------- Post added 05-28-2010 at 01:17 AM ----------

The Outsider;169808 wrote:
I've had a number of Eureka! moments now. A few have stayed with me, a few have faded away. None were enough to overcome my skepticism. Any pointers?

I'll tell you what gives me a eureka feeling....to see that human life simply does not and can not reduce to human abstractions. Sensation and emotion, to use the common common abstractions, are potentially quite rich. And to try to see them apart from concept...to try to see even everyday life for the 'miracle" it is...hmmm. it comes and goes, i admit. but that we are alive at all is strange, but how strange? it's hard to use concept to point at what i'm saying, cause it's a feeling, which is part of my point.

BrightNoon

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 11:07 am
@hue-man,
hue-man wrote:
Indeed! To deny the night is to deny the dawn.

Very well put. To pop-culturize it a little, one might also say "only when we lose everything, are we free to do anything." 'Tyler Derdan'

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 08:08:24