...beginning of beginning - end of end of end ...

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » MetaPhilosophy
  3. » ...beginning of beginning - end of end of end ...

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 08:03 pm
Limitation of language and human understanding resolution.

Just for hypothetical argument ,

Lets say supposed to be GOD tells you to ask a question ...

You ask what is the end of the universe...

God says X is the end.

You ask again what is the end of X?

God say Y is the end of X.

You ask again what is the end of Y

God say Z is the end of Y.

..basically Human mind can only running in cricles with how much resolution words can go.

Even though GOD do not exist ...it is just to show that beginning or end of anything is beyond human limits because words has limitation. It is macro language to simplify things for brain to act in minimal set.

When humans evolve in to communicate through direct energy like other animals , he probably can see and understand his role in the universe.

At present he is making up things as goes along. Just a lie.

Today's truth will be tommorrow( future) false eventually.

Basically things are true only in defined boundary ( a single context). Same thing will be false in another context.

And humans waste all his energy try to prove why he is telling the truth when in fact he is telling the truth in infinitesimally small context.

Ask questions , never agree or disagree. Smile

dave2770

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 03:23 pm
@pondfish,
This language barrier allows us to in a small context, tell the people of the world about life, and speak to them about philosophy in a way they can understand.

Philosophy is just another barrier to the human race, there is so much more to life, that one must think and experience themselves, and words can not describe life.

jgweed

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 04:28 pm
@dave2770,
dave2770;141043 wrote:

Philosophy is just another barrier to the human race, there is so much more to life, that one must think and experience themselves, and words can not describe life.

And if philosophy is just another barrier, isn't it also one of the most important ways to both recognise "barriers" and then to tear them down?
It would seem to me that philosophy has done more to advance the human race, if it has advanced at all, than the complete submission to unthoughtful but spontaneous experience of brutes.

pondfish

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 01:26 am
@pondfish,
Philosophy is a tool for time killers(humans) to kill time and forget what they do.

Trying to find answers for their actions and justify it.

Make a philosophy of philosophy of philosophy.....

---------- Post added 03-20-2010 at 05:20 AM ----------

Humans are in a word bubble. He can't use word to get out of it.

if you want to see a forest , you have to come out of it to see its vastness , you can't see forest vastness from inside in running circles. You manifest things which may not be true. Just beliefs.

Words has limits. So anything you say has its limits.

Ascendere

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 09:59 pm
@jgweed,
jgweed;141068 wrote:
And if philosophy is just another barrier, isn't it also one of the most important ways to both recognise "barriers" and then to tear them down?
It would seem to me that philosophy has done more to advance the human race, if it has advanced at all, than the complete submission to unthoughtful but spontaneous experience of brutes.

True, but there must be balance. If you look at the Taoists, or basically any non-Western culture, they seem to have a nice blend between thoughts and action. In my opinion the "spontaneous experience of brutes' is preferable to the horrific "advancements" of modern man.

pondfish

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 05:23 am
@pondfish,
Philosophy is for fools. Yes it may create a look of something new about humans...it is same chicken...born again...

As long as you are obsessed with theories and beliefs , you are a fool.

Because words imprison the mind.

Yes it may sound fine and sane , it is not going to free your mind.

Humans can't be anything other than a fool. Because he is just talking to himself all day through his beliefs and adjusting his beliefs. He is a fool.

You have to come out of the bubble.

Say " i do not exist". Take yourself out of the game. Observe other humans for a second...see how they react like headless chickens...

it is all there ...change your perspective for a second...learn...it is all there for you to see. Smile

prothero

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 08:13 am
@pondfish,
pondfish;146095 wrote:
Philosophy is for fools. Yes it may create a look of something new about humans...it is same chicken...born again...

As long as you are obsessed with theories and beliefs , you are a fool.

Because words imprison the mind.

Yes it may sound fine and sane , it is not going to free your mind.

Humans can't be anything other than a fool. Because he is just talking to himself all day through his beliefs and adjusting his beliefs. He is a fool.

You have to come out of the bubble.

Say " i do not exist". Take yourself out of the game. Observe other humans for a second...see how they react like headless chickens...

it is all there ...change your perspective for a second...learn...it is all there for you to see. Smile
I hope at some point you have something to say other than how useless it is saying anything. You do see the irony dont you? Using language to say how useless language is?

pondfish

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 12:36 pm
@pondfish,
You need to understand , you see what you wanted to see. Simple as that.

if you see crap in everything , that is what you see... your beliefs...that is what you see in everything.

Diogenes phil

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 01:00 pm
@pondfish,
I'm thoroughly confused.

north

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 04:08 pm
@pondfish,
pondfish;146271 wrote:
You need to understand , you see what you wanted to see. Simple as that.

if you see crap in everything , that is what you see... your beliefs...that is what you see in everything.

hmm ... I don't see

is a tree not a tree ? it is

words , language evolves as does life

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » MetaPhilosophy
  3. » ...beginning of beginning - end of end of end ...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 06:25:25