Most Beautiful Place in the World

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Aesthetics
  3. » Most Beautiful Place in the World

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 11:05 pm
Seeing that I haven't left the Toronto area except the small amount of time I spent in Washington I have not seen much of the world and I hope to have a career involving that sort of thing, travel and change seems appealing.

The most beautiful place I have seen and can appreciate the most is definitely The Cascade Mountains. Mt. Rainier, Mt. St. Helens, Levenworth. All great places to visit. Though this was when I was very little it was the closest place I got that gave the feeling of complete liberty away from society, b/c to me the point of a holiday is to be away from rules, laws, hypocrisy, petty problems, droning schedules, insomnia, interdependence upon other people. One needs to see what the world is like in all its colours in order to know why go through normal lifestyle to begin with.

Hiking Mt. Rainier was the best way even though I was only in grade two. Yet these places are easier to remember than the average day b/c we want to remember what can be made the least connections of to the normative life.

What was your favourite place you've been to and why?:cool:

Fido

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 01:30 am
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday20310401 wrote:
Seeing that I haven't left the Toronto area except the small amount of time I spent in Washington I have not seen much of the world and I hope to have a career involving that sort of thing, travel and change seems appealing.

The most beautiful place I have seen and can appreciate the most is definitely The Cascade Mountains. Mt. Rainier, Mt. St. Helens, Levenworth. All great places to visit. Though this was when I was very little it was the closest place I got that gave the feeling of complete liberty away from society, b/c to me the point of a holiday is to be away from rules, laws, hypocrisy, petty problems, droning schedules, insomnia, interdependence upon other people. One needs to see what the world is like in all its colours in order to know why go through normal lifestyle to begin with.

Hiking Mt. Rainier was the best way even though I was only in grade two. Yet these places are easier to remember than the average day b/c we want to remember what can be made the least connections of to the normative life.

What was your favourite place you've been to and why?:cool:

The WHY, first; The Arapaho range in Colorado, next, and my first recognized home in Swinging St. Ignace, Michigan; and out U.S 2 along Lake Michigan. My cat just died. I mean just. I'm no cat lover, but the cat liked me, so I reciprocated. We went back to Iggy last weekend, and the cat got left in the house. Pissed all over my blankets and my pillow, and I must have loved him because I only cussed him out. But, the day before yesterday, he came home all bled out, obviously hit by a car. We put about 130 dollars into xrays, and a few rough stitches, brought him home hoping he would heal up enough that we could patch him up right, but he got pneumonia, and went pretty quick. I think it was the little bastards down the street, but I don't know. Sure will be a lot of birds and little bunnies sleeping easier with Chester gone. But I'm bummed. He always used to come to me first, Meout, meal, mein. And now that I am kind of round around the middle I could really marvel at his grace and economy of movement. No big hurry. Plenty of speed to snatch a moth out of the air. I think I was allergic to him, and I am going to miss him anyway. There are too many people who don't take their relationship seriously, and I used to be one of them. I take it as a defeat to have to give an animal to the pound, or get them run down. Pets are easy to love, and people are difficult, but I would feel bad taking one of them to the pound too. Best; Fido

Didymos Thomas

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 12:49 pm
@Fido,
So many wonderful places. Switzerland is beautiful - the mountains and green valleys. I'm also a beach bum; I prefer National Shores, protected beaches with few people and no commercial development.

Holiday20310401

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 09:13 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
Here's a neat place I'd go to provided time and money.

Worriers Anonymous Meditation room to play music to meditate and relax

stumbled upon it.

nameless

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 02:21 am
@Holiday20310401,
When the Beauty 'within' unfolds like drawn curtains, the light of the heart illumines all that it sees. Where to look and not see the Beauty?
We truly do not "see the world as 'it is', but as we are!"
No matter where you go, Here you are!
Happy trails...

Khethil

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 06:23 am
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday20310401 wrote:
The most beautiful place I have seen and can appreciate the most is definitely The Cascade Mountains. Mt. Rainier, Mt. St. Helens, Levenworth. All great places to visit.

Ahh! Nice stuff... lived in Tacoma for 4 years and these are all *great* choices!

For my part its tough to choose, probably the view of the Black Sea (southern coast) on an autumn morning. Hard to describe but breath-taking at the least.

Victor Eremita

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 09:16 pm
@Khethil,
It was a gazebo overlooking the sea in Vancouver, BC. Great Canadian City, by the way, wholly recommend visiting it.

I had my very first kiss there, so it's very a special place for me there. The scenery and her together made it the most beautiful place in the world for me.

Joe

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 09:08 am
@Victor Eremita,
When i was 12 i went to the seven pools in Honolulu, Hawaii. Not a breath taking sight but the atmosphere of it being secluded was awesome. Also the black sand beaches were cool.

William

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 10:01 am
@Holiday20310401,
Is this just my imagination, but it seems you find the strangest people located in some of the most beautiful places on Earth. I am not talking about the tourist's but the locals. Have any of you ever noticed that, or is it just me. It's as if they are saying "come, spend your money, then get the hell out of here". Ha.

William

Joe

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 10:24 am
@William,
William wrote:
Is this just my imagination, but it seems you find the strangest people located in some of the most beautiful places on Earth. I am not talking about the tourist's but the locals. Have any of you ever noticed that, or is it just me. It's as if they are saying "come, spend your money, then get the hell out of here". Ha.

William

Yeah i think that in some places they take culture as a highly regarded institution. When you have an "outsider", it might challenge ideals of the locals. This sort of falls under the argument that culture and tribes are more of a form of separation then anything else. I think that inequality lies under alot of this separation.

But of course money breaks through all culture barriers.lol

TickTockMan

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 10:52 am
@nameless,
nameless;23387 wrote:
When the Beauty 'within' unfolds like drawn curtains, the light of the heart illumines all that it sees. Where to look and not see the Beauty?
We truly do not "see the world as 'it is', but as we are!"
No matter where you go, Here you are!
Happy trails...

"It is easy to be a holy man on top of a mountain." --The Razor's Edge

MJA

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 11:05 am
@Holiday20310401,
Recently I had by good fortune or opportunity to drive across the country and see and confirm again what I already had understood and knew, that paridise, or heaven, God or the Divine are not something or somewhere else attained only in the hereafter, but rather Nature is the here and right now.
Earth is truly the Garden of Eden.
Perhaps if we were taught and taught our children that simple truth, mankind might take better care of it and keep it as beautifully and Divinely so.

=
MJA

Holiday20310401

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 06:27 pm
@MJA,
Well you cannot simply tell the next generation that. You have to be the role model. And it might help if we didn`t destroy the world too you know. I remember at our school, we used to have a mini-forest. Well now its baren, and nothing wants to grow on there anymore, except weeds.

The true meaning of life is to plant trees under whose shade you do not expect to sit - Nelson Henderson. I like the literal definition too, because if you take it literally it connotes to another great quote said by Thomas Carlyle.

The greatest of faults is to be conscious of none.
Both quotes give me the feeling that we act out of desire more than to fulfill the desire of others. The first beauty we see, regardless if true or not, is one`s own fulfillment of desire.

CarolA

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 11:14 pm
@Joe,
Whitsunday Islands (off Queensland coast in Australia) must rank very high - everyone's idea of a tropical island. Flying over the Alps - magic!

But for philosophers - Mutawintji National Park in central Australia. A few days spent here will convince the most ardent materialist that there there may be something in spiritual beliefs! Mutawintji National Park, Visit NSW
There are probably places with more natural beauty, but nothing has the feel of this place, sometimes almost frightening.

Icon

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 09:47 am
@Holiday20310401,
When I was travelling across the desert in Arizona, I pulled over and climbed to the top of a plateu just before sunrise, I made a small fire and some coffee and wrapped in a blanket to watch the sun rise over the desert. The colors in the sunrise mixed with the crisp, clean air was one of the most amazing experiences of my life.

In the mountains near St. Petersburg, Russia is a lake which was so calm and so clear that a stone skipped across the surface went for ever and the ripples crossed the whole lake. It was hard to tell the difference between the lake and the sky.

The hills of Ireland were a color green I had only dreamt of. Vibrant and bright and as I sat in a small cottage, I could seen the rain sweep across the valleys and hills. The air smelled of fresh sea and the wind blew threw you like a ghost.

In my opinion, there is no place which is more beautiful than any other. It is how you see each place that you go. It all comes down to the passion that you have for beauty.

MJA

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 10:12 am
@Icon,
I saw the power and beauty of the ocean a couple of mornings ago and saw myself, what a true Oneder to see!
I saw the ocean is me.

=
MJA

xris

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 12:06 pm
@MJA,
As a child of five moving out of smoggy ol London to the countryside..I found a willow growing wood by a stream...i pushed my way through the young willow shoots and lay down on the sweet bright grass that was growing through the dappled sunlight...Oh the sunlight as it played with the leaves and cast a shimmering pattern of light in my new found wonderland..that magic moment has never left me.

sarek

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 02:23 pm
@Holiday20310401,
I would think any place could be the most beautiful place in the world if you are in the right mood to appreciate it.

Theaetetus

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 02:47 pm
@Holiday20310401,
I could list many places that are beautiful, but without the moments around them I do not really see them as anything other than a postcard. While the coast of Lake Michigan in the city of Milwaukee is far from beautiful it is when the full moon rises over the lake on a clear summer night.

Aedes

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 08:25 pm
@Holiday20310401,
I've been to so many "most beautiful" places I can barely even count them. New Zealand, arctic Norway, Iceland, the Amazon, the Andes, Yosemite, the Canadian Rockies, Alaska, Glacier National Park... But probably the most heart-stoppingly beautiful to me is Canyonlands National Park in Utah, perhaps even more so than the Grand Canyon.

Edward Abbee began his wonderful book Desert Solitaire declaring that there are as many "most beautiful places on earth" as there are human hearts.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Aesthetics
  3. » Most Beautiful Place in the World
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 12:14:17