How often do you think about death?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

G-Thomson

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2010 02:02 pm
@Khethil,
I ponder upon it almost every day. I am told it is a part of a mental condition, but it doesn't bother me.
It's not always depressing thoughts either. They are moreso inquisitive.
I'm 18.

mark noble

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2010 02:44 pm
@G-Thomson,
Hi All,

I summed this quandry up about 6 years ago.
"I don't believe in death."

Thank you, and have a brilliant day, each of you.

Mark...

Reconstructo

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2010 04:14 pm
@BennySquire,
I have for a long time had the notion of death just nipping away at my heels. As I child I was threatened with Hellfire, and wasn't that fun? At around 18 I stopped believing in an afterlife, so death became the threat of annihilation. Of course this wasn't nearly as bad as Hell...(I never thought I would make Heaven, but that's another story...) But I thought how sad that if I died I could never gaze on another pretty girlface. Ah, that was a killer! And all of one's hard one understandings blown out like a candle. So death has generally haunted me. But there's something good in this. Death chases one away from the small self, I think. It forces one to find oneself in human beings long gone and human beings yet to come, and naturally in those here with one.:flowers:

Ross phil

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 12:24 pm
@Reconstructo,
I think about it alot. The whole thing fascinates me, sometimes i get frustrated with the impossible task of just imagining nothing,darkness,emptiness. Its sort of like when your talking about the begininng of time until you get to the thought of there being nothing, then so how did something come from nothing. Questions that sometimes annoy me.
im 17

JLNobody

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 10:44 pm
I've said somewhere in A2K that I can't imagine an afterlife of sheer oblivion. If there is no longer a self (because of having died) there can't be a subject, a subject without predicates, without context, i.e., one who is in a state of oblivion.
As far as I can tell (recall?) before my birth there was no me waiting to be born . Similarly, after my death there will be no me who is in a state of death. But even now there is no me; there is only the deeply help assumption of a subject or recipient of experiences.

north

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 10:57 pm
@Abeydube,
Abeydube wrote:

I Think about death quiet often simply as i have a very inquisitive mind. The thing that interests me most is not the paradoxical nature of death but simply how profound it is in general

Also im 17 as well

then get into psychology and the psychology of death as a profession

many fascinating studies upon...

Dosed

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 11:49 pm
I'm a hypochondriac. I think about death a lot. I'm afraid of death and dying. it's a terrible fear of mine and I fear it obsessively. I don't want to die. ever.

stevecook172001

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 12:20 am
@BennySquire,
BennySquire wrote:

Title, but state your age as well.

Not that it serves any value, but fairly often as a consequence of considering that my experience of existing is all here and all now. There is nothing else. When my body finally gives up, so does my "mind" for want of a better word.

I suppose it is getting more frequent the older I get. I was kind of hoping that I would pass through some kind of psychological threshold of acceptance at some point, as the chronic dwelling on an inponderable is all rather tedious really. It doesn't seem to have happened yet, though.

That may be a good thing.

I'm 47.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/16/2024 at 02:22:48