MICE!!!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 07:59 pm
" '...You would laugh if you saw a community of mice and one mouse arrogating to himself power and jurisdiction over the others...' "

-Boethius The Consolation of Philosophy

I think this is so funny!

Caroline

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 08:22 pm
@mister kitten,
Yeah good point MK, no one has the divine right to rule over people unless they so chose.
Thanks.

jgweed

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 09:37 pm
@mister kitten,
I wonder if Orwell was inspired by our dear Boethius to write his Animal Farm?

Caroline

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 10:29 pm
@mister kitten,
I loved that book Jgweed about the horrible pigs trying to take over by bullying and force and treachery. In the end they lost, didn't they? I dont remember the details, it was way back in school, but it was a great read. True to life in many ways I might add.

Krumple

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 12:41 am
@mister kitten,
YouTube - Animal Farm

jgweed

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 06:49 am
@mister kitten,
Perhaps one should read the book,or at least be aware that it has been suggested by Daniel Leab that the CIA had a important influence in making the film:
Orwell subverted: the CIA and the ... - Google Books

Caroline

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 07:19 am
@mister kitten,
The vid doesn't work anyway, it has a Manson one in there though, glorifying/fame and making money off of those attrocious murders of Sharon Tate and her baby. Yes read the book it is an excellent read.
Thanks

---------- Post added 09-19-2009 at 08:22 AM ----------

Just to let you all know I tweeted this thread on my board because I think it has some interesting suggestions, don't ya think.
Thanks.
Caroline Reay-Smith (CARS63) on Twitter

Krumple

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 07:51 am
@Caroline,
Caroline;91821 wrote:
The vid doesn't work anyway, it has a Manson one in there though, glorifying/fame and making money off of those attrocious murders of Sharon Tate and her baby. Yes read the book it is an excellent read.
Thanks

---------- Post added 09-19-2009 at 08:22 AM ----------

Just to let you all know I tweeted this thread on my board because I think it has some interesting suggestions, don't ya think.
Thanks.
Caroline Reay-Smith (CARS63) on Twitter

The vid doesn't work? Hmm, works for me. I watched it this morning too after seeing this thread. I remembered seeing it long ago.

Four legs good
Two legs bad

Darkpoet

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 08:02 am
@Krumple,
It doesn't really seem funny to me that one mouse can lead a whole swarm of mice. It would be cute though to see it. Finally, a mouse that has a brain, lol.

It would be a lot less funnier that the mouse would actually take over the mice without the mouse being chosen as such. So, after picturing out what it looks like, I guess it would be funny if ever the mice would attack the mouse who is trying to take control.

GoshisDead

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 11:36 am
@Darkpoet,
That already happens with mice, they have a pecking order just like any other communal species.

Caroline

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 12:52 pm
@mister kitten,
No you got to get a big fat cat in haven't you, keeps em all in check then. Wink
Thanks.

Miles phil

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2009 11:20 am
@mister kitten,
I think that it is inherent in a living creature's nature to crave power of one form or another.
To take a controversial human example; you may argue that a hermit is the polar opposite of a power-craver, however, it is apparent that the hermit craves a different type of power (you may say an even greater and more focused power), namely, power over one's own life.

What do you think? Is it natural for living beings to crave power? Do all crave power? And what sorts of power can one crave (human or animal)?

mister kitten

Reply Fri 28 May, 2010 05:24 pm
@Miles phil,
Miles;93053 wrote:
I think that it is inherent in a living creature's nature to crave power of one form or another.
To take a controversial human example; you may argue that a hermit is the polar opposite of a power-craver, however, it is apparent that the hermit craves a different type of power (you may say an even greater and more focused power), namely, power over one's own life.

What do you think? Is it natural for living beings to crave power? Do all crave power? And what sorts of power can one crave (human or animal)?

Don't we humans have power over ourselves? Is that enough?

Twirlip

Reply Fri 28 May, 2010 05:36 pm
@mister kitten,
http://lh5.ggpht.com/darraghdoyle/SH6Ypx6_McI/AAAAAAAAUzA/yY6oQL6nC-0/s400/pinkyAndTheBrain-1.gif

Soul Brother

Reply Fri 28 May, 2010 11:03 pm
@mister kitten,
mister kitten;170161 wrote:
Don't we humans have power over ourselves? Is that enough?

Unfortunately mister kitten no. Sadly, power corrupts as you would have seen.

Twirlip

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 05:17 am
@Soul Brother,
The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 10:44:03