Is change inevitable?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

whitesnow10

Reply Sat 14 May, 2011 08:43 pm
sure ,chang is inevitable,because change can make everything become better, including human. For example ,if the weather doesn't change , there will be no harvest.

hamilton

Reply Mon 16 May, 2011 07:47 am
@whitesnow10,
things always revert to the original form, overall.

chaz wyman

Reply Mon 16 May, 2011 10:23 am
@ikurwa89,
ikurwa89 wrote:

What I'm talking about is that nothing in this universe is FIXED.
This universe posses a feature that it has to change regardless.
So if you think change is an inevitable feature of this universe, why do you think so?
If you think otherwise why?
Can you give me example for both cases please.
I'm with change is inevitable from theories such as evolution,plate tectonics and mountain decaying etc.

There is an obvious apparent contradiction that the feature that change is inevitable is a fixed and rigid principle.
Absolute statements of any kind always tend to produce paradoxes like this.
Change is not a force of nature, it is not a cause. Change is nothing more than a description which suggests that things appear differently. This does not in any way suggest that there is not some aspect beyond the appearance that remains intact.
And for most example of so-called change, it is the basic and fundamental particles that remain unchanged whilst their attributes, and energetic conditions may make them appear different they are changeless.

komr98

Reply Thu 2 May, 2013 11:35 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy wrote:

If that change is inevitable will never change, then change is inevitable. So there is your answer.

Who said inevitable change will never change? What makes change inevitable? What if the moment the universe was created, the entire future was planned out because every cause has a specific effect that will happen (even though there may be multiple effects that could happen, only one WILL).

Congruencismdotcom

Reply Fri 3 May, 2013 10:25 am
Perhaps change is an abstract concept that can only be defined through terms we can not perceive or recognize. Therefore change itself is inherently without understanding on an intellectually cognizant level.

Cyclops

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 05:53 pm
Change, I think, is universal. I take this from big bang cosmology, which traces the universe back to the Planck time (10 to the minus 43 seconds). Prior to this there was a singularity, supposedly. From this beginning we have, after 13.7 (the current estimate) billion years of emergence, the universe as it is now. However, it is actually improper to use the phrase 'as it is now.' It strikes out against the idea of this change being something ongoing. There is, according to quantum physics, for instance, no actual present. There is only what has past and there is a continuous movement toward the future.

I think change is linked to the expansion of space, and time is linked to space under general relativity; hence, the change we are experiencing may be due to the expansion of the universe ... at least, this would be a deduction drawn from what big bang cosmologists are putting forth.

Another question follows from this. If the expansion of the universe causes all this change to happen, will this expansion at some point stop, or will it reverse into a big crunch? Will time and change at some point cease, or will time and change reverse directions, playing backwards all things that have taken place, like a movie in reverse?

Ginkgo

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2020 06:05 pm
@ikurwa89,
Change seems to be an intrinsic property of our universe.
Change ranges from the subatomic world to our daily lives.
We change, we learn, we develop. Something remains, something that defines us as us. But actually we are all the time becoming different people. Memory allows us to trace a line and follow our evolution till the present, thus creating that sense of self that extends into the past (and maybe into the future).
When change stops, we die (phisically and mentally). And so does the universe.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/16/2024 at 11:09:56