Dangerous power

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

awoelt

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2009 01:13 pm
Suppose you are a virtuous person (i don't know if you are) and could never have a desire to hurt an innocent person. But you then discover a super martial arts that only u know about. You can dodge bullets and kill someone rapidly and even freeze time with your mind. Sounds deadly. What would you do with a power like this? keep it to yourself? Give it to someone trustworthy? Or if you cannot resist the temptation rule with it and kills everyone you don't like. You may be familiar with Star Wars and the Jedi order. The force is something so powerful they have to create a foundation where you can show others this power but they must follow restrictions and join their order. What would you do with this superpower?

IntoTheLight

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 01:33 am
@awoelt,
awoelt;105891 wrote:
Suppose you are a virtuous person (i don't know if you are) and could never have a desire to hurt an innocent person. But you then discover a super martial arts that only u know about. You can dodge bullets and kill someone rapidly and even freeze time with your mind. Sounds deadly. What would you do with a power like this? keep it to yourself? Give it to someone trustworthy? Or if you cannot resist the temptation rule with it and kills everyone you don't

I know several senseis who are masters of some pretty violent martial arts such as Ishin Ryu, Krav Maga, & Gracie Ju-Jitsu. All of them are some of the gentlest, most passive people I've ever met. They never resort to violence and will even back down in a hostile situation on the street where they could easily defeat the other person.

My friend who teaches Ishin Ryu even went as far as to let someone slap him in the face and spit on him. Had he desired to, he could've easily killed the guy in about 2 seconds or left him with permanent injuries.

I was present when this happened (a drunk guy who assaulted him at a fast food place where we were eating).

I asked him why he put up with that and he said: "Having true power lies within the ability to refrain from using it."

Something to think about.

-ITL-

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 12:48:09