What do you think of this philosophy?

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » What do you think of this philosophy?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 11:14 pm
I wrote up this piece a while back and never received any feedback on it. Please give me your honest opinion on it (whether you think it is good or complete crap).
It is the "Unusual perception of the world: Prepare to embark on a journey through thoughts."
article on Kuzzi | Philosophy

Also, feel free to give me your response to the general idea of the paper.

mark noble

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 04:54 am
@sebo1989,
sebo1989;174106 wrote:
I wrote up this piece a while back and never received any feedback on it. Please give me your honest opinion on it (whether you think it is good or complete crap).
It is the "Unusual perception of the world: Prepare to embark on a journey through thoughts."

Hi Sebo,

I can't find anything unusual in it - It doesn't typify the whole, and seeing as it is clearly self-generated, must typify the author.
As for the dancing girl - That IS rubbish.

Anyway - nice to meet you, and have a great day.

Mark...

sebo1989

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 08:03 am
@mark noble,
Mark,
The purpose of the piece was to leave out some details for the reader to freely fill in as they compare the fictional universe being presented to the one they live in.
Also, the dancing girl is 100% real try it out.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback. I really appreciate it.

mark noble

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 08:28 am
@sebo1989,
sebo1989;174202 wrote:
Mark,
The purpose of the piece was to leave out some details for the reader to freely fill in as they compare the fictional universe being presented to the one they live in.
Also, the dancing girl is 100% real try it out.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback. I really appreciate it.

Hi Sebo,

I didn't see it as particularly fictional. I thought it quite accurate in its description of general human-traits. I liked it actually. There is a lot missing, I agree, but how much can a human observe - given only one (seemingly one) lifetime?
As for the girl - It is turning clockwise, and the foot-shadow is deceptively following an inaccurate course - therefore deceiving the onlooker into believing other than what they see.
The Earth spins clockwise when vieved from beneath and anti-clockwise when from above.
I would keep looking and keep writing too, if I were you - It's very readable stuff.

Thank you, and journey to the max.

Mark...

sebo1989

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 08:44 am
@mark noble,
Mark,
I am glad you liked it. I have to admit that I cannot formulate an answer to your (rhetorical?) question.

Also, I don't think you gave the dancing girl a try. Once you accomplish the feat, you will be amazed. The entire dancer will seem to spin the opposite way of what she is spinning. Once you get used to it, you will be able to change the direction of the spin every cycle or even half a cycle.

By the way, pleasured to meet you.
Sebastian

mark noble

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 09:57 am
@sebo1989,
sebo1989;174214 wrote:
Mark,
I am glad you liked it. I have to admit that I cannot formulate an answer to your (rhetorical?) question.

Also, I don't think you gave the dancing girl a try. Once you accomplish the feat, you will be amazed. The entire dancer will seem to spin the opposite way of what she is spinning. Once you get used to it, you will be able to change the direction of the spin every cycle or even half a cycle.

By the way, pleasured to meet you.
Sebastian

Hi Sebo,

I can see only an inch of the dancer's shadow, that can be seen to change, but the dancer (above foot shadow) doesn't, like the spokes on a moving wheel appear to revolve in opposite direction...
She doesn't seem to have a lot of moves, so I don't think she's a very good dancer anyway - Good spinner, maybe, but that's all. ha-ha.

Have a great day...Ps - This is a great forum.

Mark...

sebo1989

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 02:31 pm
@mark noble,
Mark,

If I were you I would keep trying until you get it to work. Especially since being skeptical about it would make the end result far more fascinating. You CAN make the whole dancer(spinner) spin in the other direction.

The reason I mentioned the shadow in the description is because it can be an easy reference point to make the entire image change spinning directions. Try looking at just the shadow of the foot, and imagine it spinning in the opposite direction of what you originally see it to be spinning in. Once you get that step down, getting the entire dancer to switch directions should be a spin away.

Best of luck,
Sebastian

mark noble

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 03:26 pm
@sebo1989,
sebo1989;174340 wrote:
Mark,

If I were you I would keep trying until you get it to work. Especially since being skeptical about it would make the end result far more fascinating. You CAN make the whole dancer(spinner) spin in the other direction.

The reason I mentioned the shadow in the description is because it can be an easy reference point to make the entire image change spinning directions. Try looking at just the shadow of the foot, and imagine it spinning in the opposite direction of what you originally see it to be spinning in. Once you get that step down, getting the entire dancer to switch directions should be a spin away.

Best of luck,
Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

No! No! No! NO! - I tried, I tried again, I TRIED THEN AGAIN! I'm not playing anymore...Stop trying to mind-meld me, I'm starting to dance in my daydreams.

On a more serious note - It doesn't work unless you turn your pc monitor upside-down, and then stuff falls all over the floor - my dogs won't come to me anymore because they think I've gone mad, what with the spinning and turning things... I just want my old life back...when I was happy and ......No spinning....

It works! I have acquired logic. Thank you for the dancing girl. I'm gonna do it again now.

Have a great day Sebastian.

Mark...

Huxley

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 03:43 pm
@mark noble,
FWIW, I saw the spinning girl rotate in both directions.

mark noble

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 04:24 pm
@Huxley,
Huxley;174356 wrote:
FWIW, I saw the spinning girl rotate in both directions.

Hi Huxley,

Thank you for that post, it made me look again.
It's true...fantastic.
Have a brilliant day.
Mark...

Ding an Sich

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 04:46 pm
@sebo1989,
sebo1989;174106 wrote:

I thought it was the biggest steaming pile of marshmallow peeps to ever scour the planet in all its jugglery. Actually I didnt read it. What are we talking about here?

sebo1989

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 07:03 pm
@mark noble,
Mark why did you not believe my persistent attempts at persuasion, but as soon as Huxley even mentioned it working for him you gave it another try?

Ding_an_Sich: You must read to be in on it. Are you willing to do what it takes to fit in?

mark noble

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 07:36 pm
@sebo1989,
sebo1989;174429 wrote:
Mark why did you not believe my persistent attempts at persuasion, but as soon as Huxley even mentioned it working for him you gave it another try?
?

Hi Sebastian,
It didn't work, again and again - Even after I said I'd try it no more, I tried it again. Then the little caption above it took over my thoughts "How to control anyone" And I felt like I was being led into some sort of gag. I don't mind gags, but after a while I expect the punchline.
When Huxley said he'd witnessed it, I tried again - only because a third-party had entered the equasion, though - And She was spinning the wrong way, then it all went to pieces - So I watched her foot, and it worked. Now I can change her at will, every half-circle.
It's quite amazing, and I am truly grateful for your persistence.

Why would I believe anyone's persistent attempts of persuasion when I hardly know them? I know that you are sincere thus far, but only in hindsight. Keep it up, it's a remarkable asset in my eyes.

Thank you Sebastian, and journey well.
Mark...

mark noble

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 09:37 am
http://kuzzi.lifeyo.com/philosophy/

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » What do you think of this philosophy?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 08:44:57