Question for those who meditate

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

GoshisDead

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 10:03 am
@Krumple,
Amen to that Krump! The key is awareness. You cannot bully your mind into it. You must let go to progress.

chai2

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 03:19 pm
@GoshisDead,
GoshisDead wrote:

I have found the only way for me to do morning meditation is to, go to the gym get a vigorous workout and then meditate. Luckily my gym has a little area that quiet etc. that people use for personal yoga and meditation. At my old gym I would do the workout then sit in the sauna zazen and meditate with headphones on to block out distraction.

I was going to ask you if you do anything physical before meditating.

The asana and kriyas of yoga are all about preparing your body so your mind can let go.

I enjoy my practice because I'm surrounded by yogis and yoginis that are there for the same reason I am, especially kundalini.

GoshisDead

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 03:32 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

GoshisDead wrote:

I have found the only way for me to do morning meditation is to, go to the gym get a vigorous workout and then meditate. Luckily my gym has a little area that quiet etc. that people use for personal yoga and meditation. At my old gym I would do the workout then sit in the sauna zazen and meditate with headphones on to block out distraction.

I was going to ask you if you do anything physical before meditating.

The asana and kriyas of yoga are all about preparing your body so your mind can let go.

I enjoy my practice because I'm surrounded by yogis and yoginis that are there for the same reason I am, especially kundalini.

I do exercise, as you read, I do yoga now and again, but I prefer to swim. Its forced concetration on breath and total letting loose of all other concentration at the same time. I suppose sticking your head underwater will force you to think about breathing lol.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 07:44:57