What do you think about 'hope'???

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

mark noble

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 03:12 pm
@tkdboy 14,
tkdboy_14;169444 wrote:
This word along with plenty others such as faith, believe to me are meaningless as they hold a great power of doubt. Personally I do not believe in hope or any other similar words and for the most part have destroyed them from my vocabulary because of its psychological effects that I have seen it do.
When somebody hopes for something they, usually subconsciously, imply that they're is the probability of failure. I live my life without these terms as there is nothing that doesn't go my way. When I say that I want something, I always find the way to get it without infringing any harm on anyone. It such an easy concept for me to deal with as it gives us really great power on our future. What do you guys think of this? If I should clarify something please let me know.

Hi Tkd,

I stopped hoping a few years ago after analysing the fundaments thereof. "Hope" is born to "despair". both are interlocked in a hand-in-hand fashion. For instance - Your mum is terminally ill, she is in bed and unlikely to see the next .dawn, you fear the worst, but hope for the best - in exactitude. One drives the other.
Why does a person hope to win the lottery? To improve on their despairing existence - The more the hope...the more the despair. And so on.
I, like you, have no despair in my life - I love every moment of it...Come what may, and therefore have no need of hope. Those I know to understand this - are the same.
It also applies to pride, vanity, greed, sloth, etc, etc, etc.

Thank you tkd, and journey well.

Mark...

HexHammer

Reply Sun 30 May, 2010 02:40 am
@mark noble,
mark noble;170492 wrote:
I stopped hoping a few years ago after analysing the fundaments thereof. "Hope" is born to "despair". both are interlocked in a hand-in-hand fashion. For instance - Your mum is terminally ill, she is in bed and unlikely to see the next .dawn, you fear the worst, but hope for the best - in exactitude. One drives the other.
Why does a person hope to win the lottery? To improve on their despairing existence - The more the hope...the more the despair. And so on.
I, like you, have no despair in my life - I love every moment of it...Come what may, and therefore have no need of hope. Those I know to understand this - are the same.
It also applies to pride, vanity, greed, sloth, etc, etc, etc.
I find it overly dramatic that you have to say hope is tied to despair, also to pride, vanity, greed, sloth, etc. Which I find as an overly negative projection of the word and concept.

Imo hope exist in our everyday, within normal persons, that doesn't have to be desperate. As I see it, hope is alligned with optimism, out of a posetive mind.

Reconstructo

Reply Sun 30 May, 2010 02:46 am
@tkdboy 14,
Maybe there's good hope and bad hope. Good hope is perhaps an eros, a form of love. I hope she likes this gift!

HexHammer

Reply Sun 30 May, 2010 04:30 am
@Reconstructo,
Reconstructo;170739 wrote:
Maybe there's good hope and bad hope. Good hope is perhaps an eros, a form of love. I hope she likes this gift!
Only negative hope I can ever think of, is the hope of erotomans, and other such psycos.

mark noble

Reply Sun 30 May, 2010 09:36 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;170736 wrote:
I find it overly dramatic that you have to say hope is tied to despair, also to pride, vanity, greed, sloth, etc. Which I find as an overly negative projection of the word and concept.

Imo hope exist in our everyday, within normal persons, that doesn't have to be desperate. As I see it, hope is alligned with optimism, out of a posetive mind.

Hi Hexhammer,

Pride is tied to shame, vanity to esteem, greed to restraint, sloth to dilligence - not Hope. hope is only tied to despair and is moderated by the spectrum thereof.
A positive mind is satisfied with making the most from what little there is.
Why would a satisfied person require hope??? this would imply dissatisfaction, don't you think?

Have a brilliant day, Hexhammer.

Mark...

HexHammer

Reply Sun 30 May, 2010 10:09 am
@mark noble,
mark noble;170840 wrote:
Pride is tied to shame, vanity to esteem, greed to restraint, sloth to dilligence - not Hope. hope is only tied to despair and is moderated by the spectrum thereof.
A positive mind is satisfied with making the most from what little there is.
Why would a satisfied person require hope??? this would imply dissatisfaction, don't you think?
Looking to psycology, I can't agree in any imagineable way, so no.

There are many psycotic and skitzophrenic people who has distorted and/or lack comprehension.

Some few parents will lock their children in their house, to "protect" them from all the worlds evil, because the parents are psycotic and does not understand their own paranoia. Often such children will become underdeveloped mentally.

Erotomans will totally disregard then chased person's discomfort and dismay of the erotoman's stalking and approach attemts, because of a selective understanding of the situation.

There are endless of other symptons of psycosis and sktizophrenia, but all share a distorted sense of reality, a narrow and simpleminded comprehension. Often these people can indeed be very intelligent but still have their huge disability.

This is why I can't agree with your definition, which I find utterly wrong.

mark noble

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 08:54 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;170849 wrote:
Looking to psycology, I can't agree in any imagineable way, so no.

There are many psycotic and skitzophrenic people who has distorted and/or lack comprehension.

Some few parents will lock their children in their house, to "protect" them from all the worlds evil, because the parents are psycotic and does not understand their own paranoia. Often such children will become underdeveloped mentally.

Erotomans will totally disregard then chased person's discomfort and dismay of the erotoman's stalking and approach attemts, because of a selective understanding of the situation.

There are endless of other symptons of psycosis and sktizophrenia, but all share a distorted sense of reality, a narrow and simpleminded comprehension. Often these people can indeed be very intelligent but still have their huge disability.

This is why I can't agree with your definition, which I find utterly wrong.

Hi Hexhammer,

Maybe if I transpose Despair into fear, that'll help? Despair is only the extremity of the spectrum, after all. And then "fear" into worry and "worry" into unrest and "unrest" into dissatisfaction, and so on - until the spectrum is complete? The level of "Hope" is level to the opposing degree - Positive responds to Negative in causal fashion.
Can you really view your closest companion, on their deathbed, without equal fear of the potential loss and equal hope for the potential recovery?

Pride - on the other hand is the process of self-elevation, may I stress SELF-ELEVATION - and is acquired by the competitive mindset of those who require a pedestal amongst those they perceive as better than themselves. And is therefore equal and opposite to one's level of inferiority attachment.

Wilde "patriotism (collective pride) is the virtue of the viscious".
There's another - though I can't remember the author - "patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."

Morality is tied to immorality - typically born from... etc.

Anyway, I don't want to attempt to convince you anything. Your belief-system is yours and I respect it thusly.

Thank you for your replies though. I appreciate any and all constructive criticisms.

Have a great everything, always, Hexhammer.

Mark...

stevecook172001

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2010 07:40 am
@tkdboy 14,
Hope is where, in the absence of any capacity to influence a given outcome, random chance is relied upon to produce the outcome one wants.

Jacques Maritain

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2010 04:29 pm
@tkdboy 14,
Hope is a great resovoir for the human soul.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 01:57:24