Most influencial

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Elmud

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 04:15 pm
@GoshisDead,
Noticed that no one mentioned Hugh Hefner.

Alan McDougall

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2009 01:40 am
@Elmud,
Elmud;97493 wrote:
Noticed that no one mentioned Hugh Hefner.

Are you Joking Elmud Sex does not have to be learned it comes naturally, and I don't see it as a spectator sort

Elmud

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2009 03:32 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;97571 wrote:
Are you Joking Elmud Sex does not have to be learned it comes naturally, and I don't see it as a spectator sort

I think you may have missed the point Alan. "influence". you don't consider this magazine to be influencial?

Alan McDougall

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2009 04:15 am
@Elmud,
Elmud;97607 wrote:
I think you may have missed the point Alan. "influence". you don't consider this magazine to be influencial?

Influential how Elmud,? his magazines had no affect/effect on me, while many of the great people in history did

Elmud

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2009 08:16 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;97617 wrote:
Influential how Elmud,? his magazines had no affect/effect on me, while many of the great people in history did
maybe you're right alan. We'll stick with positive influence.

Arjuna

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2009 12:40 pm
@Elmud,
The most influential person would have to be the first human.. since the human race is like an oak tree that came from that acorn.

I'm not sure how that works, though. Is Homo Sapiens supposed to have come from a mutation?

Dave Allen

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 03:00 am
@Elmud,
No - species are only distinguishable through benefit of hindsight.

In reality, there was no first human - but a population of things that were once something so close to being human that the distinction would have been already largely irrelevent, and members of that population went on to form a poulation of humans.

Many (if not most, if not all) humans alive today would be more genetically distinct from that population than that population were from their parents.

Alan McDougall

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 03:31 am
@Elmud,
The most influential person in history was Jesus!

Elmud

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 11:41 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;97841 wrote:
It would be nice if that were true alan.

Didymos Thomas

Reply Mon 19 Oct, 2009 12:49 pm
@Elmud,
Playboy has been an extremely influential publication - from political to social, there was a time when the magazine was must read.

kennethamy

Reply Mon 19 Oct, 2009 04:06 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;97841 wrote:

Billions of people in the world have been born and died without even having ever having heard of Jesus, much less having been influenced by Jesus.

RDRDRD1

Reply Mon 19 Oct, 2009 04:56 pm
@kennethamy,
Yes but consider how many people have been butchered either in the name of Christianity or by those who purport to practise it.

kennethamy

Reply Mon 19 Oct, 2009 06:43 pm
@RDRDRD1,
RDRDRD1;98610 wrote:
Yes but consider how many people have been butchered either in the name of Christianity or by those who purport to practise it.

Yes. But it is hard for me to see any connection.

Alan McDougall

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 12:45 am
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas;98540 wrote:
Playboy has been an extremely influential publication - from political to social, there was a time when the magazine was must read.

Not for me!! never!!

Didymos Thomas

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 07:16 am
@Alan McDougall,
Oh, Alan, Playboy has most certainly influenced you. It is essentially impossible to live in the modern, developed world without Playboy having a significant influence upon your life given the magazine's influence on social mores, humor, literature, ect.

Elmud

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 09:29 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas;98739 wrote:
Oh, Alan, Playboy has most certainly influenced you. It is essentially impossible to live in the modern, developed world without Playboy having a significant influence upon your life given the magazine's influence on social mores, humor, literature, ect.
I thought that the magazine played an extremely important role in the dehumanization of women,,and men. Without its influence,,I'm certain that we would have spent much less time looking at each other as objects,,and more time percieving each other as human beings.

Alan McDougall

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2009 11:24 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;98598 wrote:
Billions of people in the world have been born and died without even having ever having heard of Jesus, much less having been influenced by Jesus.

And billions have heard of him both from a positive and negative perceptive. This thread is about most influential person in history not the barbarity of religion, which I accept as true. I still maintain Jesus is that person However, Mohammed might be more influential

Krumple

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2009 11:40 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;99472 wrote:
And billions have heard of him both from a positive and negative perceptive. This thread is about most influential person in history not the barbarity of religion, which I accept as true. I still maintain Jesus is that person However, Mohammed might be more influential

I personally object to mohammed being influential. From what I have read he just seems like a warmonger who loved violent solutions to difficult situations but sent others to their demise and cowardly hid himself to avoid being killed. It's easy to mislead others into doom. I think his following is nothing but a massively inflated cult of the moon.

chad3006

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2009 01:38 pm
@Elmud,
Who's the most ifluential of all time? I don't know, there are too many to choose from.

Who's the most influential in the 20th century in the US and possibly as a consequence, the world, Edward Bernays.....sadly.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 03:34:20