Blind Ambition

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2010 11:54 am
Hello fellow thinkers,
My name is daredevil, I am 35 married with 2 children and a full time job, I am also blind. I have loved to study theology and the philosophy of religion for many years now, and I have decided that i want and need to branch out into other areas of philosophy as well to truly expand my mind,but really don't know where to start. I came across this forum and noticed all the threads for beginers,and it looks very inviting. Though I am very schooled in religion, I am still kind of a baby in other areas and am here to learn. It is awesome to meet you all.

GoshisDead

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2010 02:15 pm
@daredevil,
Appropriate name for someone armed for bear about religion.

Cheers and welcome,
Russ

Krumple

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2010 02:34 pm
@daredevil,
welcome to the forum daredevil.

bisayangpilosopo

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2010 05:10 pm
@daredevil,
welcome....let's all share what we got!

daredevil

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2010 10:04 pm
@bisayangpilosopo,
thank u all, I consider myself an agnostic theist but have found myself only connecting to atheistic forums in order to find open minded philosophical discusions and thought (even though they can be pretty close minded and dogmatic about some ideas while considering themselves as free thinkers) Has anyone experienced that too....Well i hope I have found a new home here as well

Soul Brother

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2010 11:04 pm
@daredevil,
daredevil;173249 wrote:
thank u all, I consider myself an agnostic theist but have found myself only connecting to atheistic forums in order to find open minded philosophical discusions and thought (even though they can be pretty close minded and dogmatic about some ideas while considering themselves as free thinkers) Has anyone experienced that too....Well i hope I have found a new home here as well

You are most welcome here, this is a home for all thinkers who like to ponder of life's endless and wonderful mysteries as well as learn new and old ideas represented and shared by peoples from all over the world and from all walks of life.

I've just one question to clear my uncertainty, did you mean you are blind as in ignorant/unknowledgeable or literally blind?

I will hope that you feel most at home and enjoy your stay, and I will hope that we can teach something to you and you can teach something to us.

Welcome.

Theaetetus

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2010 01:40 pm
@daredevil,
Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy your stay.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 10:53:59