Question ............................need more answers

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Question ............................need more answers

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 07:42 pm
Question ............................need more answers
Hi All You Nurses Out There I Need A Little Info About Nursing Iam think of Either Go Into It Or Have It As A Back up Plan During Collage Iam A Sophmore In High School Shocked Wow A High School Student Talking About Her Furture Well Ne Ways I would Like To Get More Info On This Carrer If You Could Take You TIme And Tell ME What Kinda Of Options I Have Like What Kinda Of Money It pays I Want A Job I Can Enjoy There Is A Vocational Class Avablabiel At My School To Be A LPN But It For Senoiors I Would LIke To Go Into Astronamy But We Will See How I LIke Nurseing FIrst And All But Astronamy Is My First Chocie But You Must Always Keep Your Options Open So Ne One Willing To Talk Let Me Know :wink:

1abCRNA

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 09:39 pm
Good head on your shoulder
Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulder. Your mom should be proud. I would enroll in the LPN class because if this is what you decide you like, you can always bridge over to become an RN later. Also, there are endless opportunities in nursing. I don't know, but is there much work in astronomy?? I don't mean to tell you to think of money, but one does have to live afterall. You can always minor in astronomy at college and maintain it as a serious "hobby." Good luck to you young lady.

mrln1971

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 08:39 pm
Nursing is an excellent profession. If you are thinking of getting into it then Id say go for it. Nursing is a profession that opens many oportunities for you. You will always be secured of a job and pay is good depending on your area of expertise. But if you really thinking of doing it,do not do it out of the monetary reasons alone. Good luck!

nurse susie

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2005 08:25 pm
career choice
Nursing is an excellent profession. You can always find a good paying job, but you will not get rich from nursing. At least not monetarily. You will, however, find riches you would never dream of. Nursing is about giving and caring for others. But, you get back far more than you give.
You need to understand all that is involved with nursing before you make the decision to become a nurse. You may be with your patients on Sunday mornings, at midnight, on weekends and on Christmas morning.
Spend some time in the hospital. Do some volunteer work after school or in the summer. Talk to nurses on the floors.
I have CCRN and CRN certifications. I've worked as a nurse for 31 years and I love being a nurse.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Question ............................need more answers
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 06:23:03