Throbbing Nerves in head

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Throbbing Nerves in head

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 11:49 am
Throbbing Nerves in head
I just wanted to find out about throbbing nerve above my head on the right side above eye.. For some reason it has been doing this for about 2 weeks shoudl I worry ??? Should I go check on it ?>???

Ginger Snap

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 03:33 pm
Should you worry? Yes.

Should you get it checked out? Absolutely.

It would be wrong for any of us to try and diagnose you over the Internet, but headaches are nothing to play around with. Get it checked out.

david1807

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 03:44 pm
Throbbing Nerve in head
Ginger

I do not have a headache just a nerve above my head on the right, above the eye. Again I do not have a headache its just a nerve that pulsate/ throbs, its like ur eye twitching that what its like ....

Ginger Snap

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 04:02 pm
A "throbbing nerve" is abnormal. You don't know why this nerve is "throbbing" and none of us would like to see you have a stroke. Get it checked out.

david1807

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 06:41 pm
Ginger Snap wrote:
A "throbbing nerve" is abnormal. You don't know why this nerve is "throbbing" and none of us would like to see you have a stroke. Get it checked out.

Ginger I will have checked tomorrow but can u tell me what r the syptoms I thought headaches, ringing in ears dizzeness.. The only thing that it just throbs every now and then, when I sleep I dont feel it but, I will call my Dr. tomorrow......

Do u know of any other syptoms that may cause this like I was told Stress but I dont if I do I can feel it but not now I know what stress feels like ..

David

rascal

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 09:41 pm
DAVID
i have had 2 mild strokes in the last 2 years.
I am not a nurse YET but i can tell you from my own experience.
the headache or throbbing as you put it, it is a sign of stroke.
the clots were still moving thru my head but they were having trouble doing it. (that is not fact, just my view of what was going on)
my thinking was crystal clear, my ability to drive and ambulate was fine.
but as time went by, as i ignored the signs,
my left side started to shut down.
the sooner you go have it checked, and the doc says......no your fine.
the better. but if you go and he can catch something early, it is to your benefit.
I recovered from both fairly quickly. But i would of been smarter to go as soon as i felt those first signs.
Hope you are fine.
rascal

david1807

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 09:48 pm
rascal wrote:
DAVID
i have had 2 mild strokes in the last 2 years.
I am not a nurse YET but i can tell you from my own experience.
the headache or throbbing as you put it, it is a sign of stroke.
the clots were still moving thru my head but they were having trouble doing it. (that is not fact, just my view of what was going on)
my thinking was crystal clear, my ability to drive and ambulate was fine.
but as time went by, as i ignored the signs,
my left side started to shut down.
the sooner you go have it checked, and the doc says......no your fine.
the better. but if you go and he can catch something early, it is to your benefit.
I recovered from both fairly quickly. But i would of been smarter to go as soon as i felt those first signs.
Hope you are fine.
rascal

Rascal
Like I was saying I do not have Headaches nor migranes.. All I have is just a throbbing nerve above my head , it throbs now and then but No Signs of Migranes or Headaches.
You ever heard of your eye twitching well thats how it is like a twitch. Now can u tell me in your Experience of 2 mild strokes can u tell me what u experienced???
I have no Headaches no Migranes.. but I will schedule an appointment this week on Wednesday....

Bob101910

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 03:13 am
Sorry to bring back an old topic, but this was the only thing I could find that is close to what I have.

Male - 17
I started feeling the twitch/throbbing above my left eye. It only lasts for few seconds. No pain or headache. I was wondering what the doctor told you, or if anybody else has an answer.

TammySue

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2009 07:59 pm
Re: Throbbing Nerve in head
david1807 wrote:
Ginger

I do not have a headache just a nerve above my head on the right, above the eye. Again I do not have a headache its just a nerve that pulsate/ throbs, its like ur eye twitching that what its like ....

if you are saying that all you are feeling is a muscle which twitches involuntarily, then that is different from a throbbing feeling.

i had twitches around my eyes every time we had exam week in nursing school. for me, it's a sign of increased stress.

joelitz

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 06:12 pm
did you solve this
David,

did you get this checked out? What did they say... I am having the same exact problem.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » Throbbing Nerves in head
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 06:35:30