what is the importance of Digital blood Pressure monitor in Home care products?

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing News
  3. » what is the importance of Digital blood Pressure monitor in Home care products?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2016 04:39 am
Can i trust result of Digital Blood Pressure Monitor.

selectmytutor

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2016 03:46 am
@Gurinproducts,
Yes, you can trust it. After manufacturing every kit the team checks that it is working properly or not so no need to worry just use it to check the blood pressure.

Greglim

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 11:56 am
@Gurinproducts,
Yes, you can trust the blood pressure machine. My advice to you would be to look at the medical charts and get the baseline blood pressure if you have that information. I have used those types of blood pressure machines before and they have become very reliable for me.

Greglim

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 06:47 pm
The importance of digital blood pressure monitor is that it helps you to take your blood pressure at home. All you have to do is to put your arm inside the arm cuff, wrap the cuff around the arm, press the start button, and it should take your blood pressure without any problems. The main importance of it is to take and monitor your blood pressure throughout the day at home.

Greglim

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 09:27 am
My mom has high blood pressure since she turned 40 years old and she has had a home blood pressure monitor at home to keep track of her blood pressure. She had a blood pressure monitor to take home with her in order to take it at certain points of the day and in order to keep a blood pressure diary too. Understanding the blood pressure and having the diary keeps track of why the blood pressure rises or lowers during the certain parts of the day. So, these monitors are so helpful and I am grateful that she has them.

Greglim

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2017 10:03 am
@Gurinproducts,
Yes, you can rely on the blood pressure monitors in the home in order to get accurate readings for your blood pressure. Both my mom and my sister had the blood pressure monitor in the home and they have been very good in monitoring the progress on the blood pressure.

Greglim

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2017 03:34 pm
The important of digital blood pressure monitor at home is that you can monitor the blood pressure at the home and you can keep blood pressure diaries which are beneficial.

bestgamingchair

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2017 06:52 am
@Gurinproducts,
Why do I need to monitor my blood pressure at home?

Monitoring your blood pressure at home can:
Help with early diagnosis. Self-monitoring can help your doctor diagnose high blood pressure earlier than if you have only occasional blood pressure readings in a medical office. Home monitoring is especially important if you have slightly elevated blood pressure (prehypertension) or another condition that could contribute to high blood pressure, such as diabetes or kidney problems.
Help track your treatment. The only way to know whether your lifestyle changes or medications are working is to check your blood pressure regularly. Monitoring blood pressure changes at home can help you and your doctor make decisions about your treatment, such as adjusting dosages or changing medications.
Encourage better control. Self-monitoring can give you a stronger sense of responsibility for your health. You may feel even more motivated to control your blood pressure with an improved diet, physical activity and proper medication use.
Cut your health care costs. Self-monitoring might decrease your number of visits to your doctor or clinic.
Check if your blood pressure differs outside the doctor's office. Some people experience spikes in blood pressure due to anxiety associated with seeing a doctor (white coat hypertension). Other people have normal blood pressure at a clinic but elevated pressure elsewhere (masked hypertension). Monitoring blood pressure at home can help determine if you have true high blood pressure.
Not everyone can track blood pressure at home. If you have an irregular heartbeat, home blood pressure monitors might not give you an accurate reading.

Types of home monitors
Most pharmacies, medical supply stores and some websites sell home blood pressure monitors. An automatic or electronic device is recommended. Discuss the choices with your doctor so that you pick the monitor that's best for your situation.

Monitors generally have the same basic parts:

Inflatable cuff. The cuff's inner layer fills with air and squeezes your arm. The cuff's outer layer has a fastener to hold the cuff in place. Heart rate and blood flow are automatically calculated by measuring the changes in the motion of your artery as the blood flows through while the cuff deflates.
Gauge for readouts. Some blood pressure monitors can take multiple readings and report the averages.
Digital monitors that are fitted on the upper arm are generally the most accurate.

If you can't find a cuff big enough for your upper arm, ask your doctor about fitting a cuff to your lower arm or wrist. These types of cuffs can be difficult to use correctly. Ask your doctor if they might be options for you and how they should be used.

Devices that measure your blood pressure at your finger aren't recommended.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing News
  3. » what is the importance of Digital blood Pressure monitor in Home care products?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 04:46:01