I need help deciding on an online nurse program

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » I need help deciding on an online nurse program

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 02:04 pm
Are there any nurses here who have received a degree through an online program? I am getting ready to go back to school for my BSN and would love to hear from you.

thepowerofanurse

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 02:40 pm
@thepowerofanurse,
Ok I am looking to get some information on some schools and have gone through my list of schools and have narrowed them down to a few schools that I am looking at and would love to hear from other nurses that have attended these schools.

Here are the schools I am looking at now.

Walden University School of Nursing – I had a meeting with them and have a few questions for anyone that has attended this school.

Kaplan University School of Nursing – I have a meeting with them this afternoon.

University of Phoenix - Central Valley Campus – I have a meeting with them tomorrow.

Chabot College’s program looked very interesting but I don’t know if they offer online courses.

Thanks for any help you can give.

thepowerofanurse

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 11:16 am
Aren’t there any members here that can help me?

After doing some more research I have narrowed it down again (boy this is tough work!) and I even stumbled upon a few more schools that I would love to hear of any personal dealings any of you have had with these schools.

Walden rn to bsn
As it turns out this school is not going to work for me and what I am looking for.

http://online.kaplanuniversity.edu/nursing/Pages/Nursing_Completion_RN_to_BS.aspx] Kaplan RN-to-BSN program[/URL]
I did get to talk with a mentor about this school but I wasn’t able to tour the school because she ended up getting sick and cancelling our meeting. I am to go back this week. I did see that this school doesn’t have a waiting list so that is a big plus on my list!

University of Phoenix
I have been reading a lot of reviews online about them and am reconsidering my decision since most of the stuff I hear about this school isn’t good.

http://www.capella.edu/schools_programs/undergraduate_studies/bsn/rn_to_bsn_completion.aspx] Capella University rn to bsn [/URL]
This school wasn’t on my list originally but I had a phone meeting last week with a mentor. They were supposed to get back to me with other information that was asking for but I haven’t received a call or anything in the mail yet. I am hoping to get something by the end of the week.

Online rn to bsn degrees
They are holding an open campus tour and information session on the course they are offering for the RN to BSN so I have added them to my list as well and will attend and let you know my thoughts.

Drexel University Rn to BSN Online
I just found them through a search I did on the internet today. It looks like a good rn to bsn program so I placed a call into them today and the secretary mentioned someone would be calling me within he next few hours.

CSUDH is offering an accredited rn to bsn program that I am planning on calling the school today to hear more about.

Anyway, I just wanted to see if any nurse here has any input on the above mentioned rn to bsn programs. If you do I would love to hear from you!

thepowerofanurse

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 01:48 pm
Ok so it looks like I am replying to my own posts here! I didn’t think it would be that difficult to find someone to help but I guess no one has any experience in online colleges.

Yesterday I finally made my choice. I had a meeting scheduled for an informational tour and Q&A session for the online rn to bsn program. I was able to meet with teachers and others involved with the program. They were all very friendly and took the time to answer all of my concerns. With no wait list I am already enrolled and have my first class in a few minutes. I also met some fellow students who I hope to stay in contact with. One of the ladies I met and I are planning to take some of the classes together.

After looking at so many schools and realizing it was not an easy process I was thinking if there are any nurses here that would like to start a section in these forums to help other potential nursing students that would be w wonderful idea and I would love to help out. If anyone is interested please PM me.

Thanks!

mohammadmanajreh

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 02:11 am
@thepowerofanurse,
hellow every body ineed sample qustion for rn exam please thank for all

roxie144

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 09:09 pm
@thepowerofanurse,
Have looked into OU program? They are a trusted state school in ohio that has reasonable rates and schedules to help make the transition back to school obtainable

hkieffer

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 07:40 am
Hi, I have heard of nursing bridging to their RN degree online. I know there is one method through Achieve Test Prep, and you attend their campus or can do it virtually, and I've heard only good reviews about it. I didn't have this option when I was getting my RN, but with 2 small kids at home, that sure would have been nice. I'm sure you can google Achieve Test Prep online and get a web address, but something you may want to check out. Good luck to you.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » I need help deciding on an online nurse program
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:44:01