SOS...School Advice needed

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » SOS...School Advice needed

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 08:58 am
I am living in South America studying English Pedagogy and once I return to the States I plan on studying nursing. My question is, how do I get started? All I know is that I need to start out in a community college, but how do I go about selecting classes, programs, etc? My goal is to become a Pediatric Oncology Nurse Practitioner. What steps do I need to take in order to achieve my goal? Please, I need help. Thank you for your time!

RN15

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 02:02 pm
@suelove3p,
Your advisor will direct you regards the courses that you should take to meet your program requirements. Apply to the community college's nursing prog first and once you're accepted into the prog., you should get an advisor to guide you.

I studied at the university so the requirements are likely different than a community college. I did biology (anatomy-physiology and micro), nursing physical assessment, nurs. pathophysiology, nutrition, nurs. research, nurs. managment, nurs. of the newborn and maternal health, medical surgical nursing, nurs. in the community, nurs of elderly, ect,...

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » SOS...School Advice needed
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:28:23