Are there any RCA's CNA's out there experiencing mean Nurses

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Off Topic
  3. » Are there any RCA's CNA's out there experiencing mean Nurses

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 12:02 am
Are there any RCA's CNA's out there experiencing mean Nurses
I come from a background with over 20 years working with many behavior problem children and their families as well as working with those with abuse issues, addictions, and mental health. I worked on huge teams of trained professionals including well trained Psychiatrists.

I decided one day in my mid 40's to go back to school and become a Nurse. I decided to go with getting an RCA degree for now, and now I am not sure if I want to carry on with becoming an LPN. It has nothing to do with the Patients, Residents or other wise. I love doing it to help them and bring happiness to the time they may have left here on this earth.

I got a sad reality check of working with some mean cruel nurses as well as mean cruel RCA's I was offered a Job before my practicum was over. I really loved doing my practicum at this facility and decided I would love to work there. Now I am reconsidering many things... Sometimes I am still in disbelief at the mean cruel vindictive things in this field that other Nurses and RCA's do to there fellow co workers.

Some one please explain to me why this is allowed to carry on in a field where team work is essential, and in the best interest of the vulnerable ones we work with, and why do those who just graduated from school with these degrees act like they know it all, and stick their noses up in the air at those they consider as less then them? Such as RCA's, yet have no real life experience and just book work experience from the degree and clinical hours.

I have heard it comes with the profession well give me a break, because no where have I ever learned that being mean, cruel or a beast to your fellow coworkers is acceptable, and then you hear in posts maybe you need to change your profession??? Is this not the exact abuses we try and stop towards those we look after??? The saddest thing in all of this is those who behave in such ways stay in the field, and they loose some of the best ones because they know it's not ok for anyone to show such abuses to anyone including other coworkers! No wonder their is such shortage issues in Nursing! All of the excuses in the world does not justify such behaviors in these ways!

Funny I spoke with another professional I worked with for many years and they said to me at least you only have to work with that sort of stuff for your shift, and then you get to leave. I am starting to think my old career is not as bad as I thought after seeing all of this, and believe me my other job was heavy duty, yet even the worst cases I worked on I did not have to tolerate such stuff, and even those I tried to help seemed more compassionate then some in this field I am in now.

Now I have to say... I have worked with the most incredible compassionate, professional nursing teams as well, who you can see from the very essence of their soul they are wonderful persons and very good at what they do! Those ones teach and guide the younger new staff and are not beasts to them. I even held a young new Nurse in my arms who was crying because she felt she did not do everything she could in the possible situation that occurred, and I told her don't ever do that to yourself...You did well! It's amazing what healthy support and caring does and how it unites a team together in healthy positive ways.

Registered RCA in BC, Canada

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Off Topic
  3. » Are there any RCA's CNA's out there experiencing mean Nurses
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 01:13:23