Considering Career Change

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Off Topic
  3. » Considering Career Change

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 11:34 am
Considering Career Change
Hi, Everyone.

I am an adjunct instructor (laid off) for the past 2 years...I have a master's in management and leadership and I am truly considering transitioning to the nursing profession. When I was younger, I used to think that it would be difficult to take care of someone (weak stomach); however, after having our third child and having a very difficult experience with the nursing staff at the hospital...I have had this sincere need to go into the nursing field. My questions to you all is...are there any courses given during a nursing program that helps alleviate any stomach weaknesses or fears that someone would have and is it normal to feel afraid of something totally grossing you out?...if so, how do you handle situations like? Should I even give this any attention at all? Thank you...please help!

rebeccajohnson

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2010 06:38 pm
In my experience, I didn't have a course which overcomes any fear, especially on blood or any gross thing that every nurses can and must experience. But here's the point mskat7986, since every day as a nurse and even as a student training to be a nurse, you will have the chance to regularly see gross things, you will eventually get used to it and even at a point that you will learn to love it. Being so used with those gross things can be as normal as breathing, and you will eventually overcome your fears, eh. And you know what sometimes our fears is psychological, but in reality we can always conquer our fears. :wink:

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Off Topic
  3. » Considering Career Change
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 05:13:12