Travel Assignment @ Renown

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Travel Assignment @ Renown

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

ymac176

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 12:47 am
Travel Assignment @ Renown
I have read various remarks on Renown Medical Center in Reno, NV. The majority of them were poor. However, they date back a year. Any current comments? What is the nurse/patient ratio in the ICU? I don't mind hard work, I just don't want to be abused!! This will be my fourth assignment.

travelingrn

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 04:54 pm
renown in reno,nv
This is a horrible place to work as a traveler. The staff hates travelers, especially the charge rn on nights. The staff does not help you with baths or turning your patients and if you get an admit, you are on your own.
They make fun of travelers and dont make you feel welcome at all. i would not recommend working here at all. You will regret it.

socialRN

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2012 04:07 pm
@ymac176,
I have worked at Renown for 4 years but we do not have travelers on my unit. I can see how they could be poorly treated due to the culture at Renown. It may look like a big fancy hospital due to the recent construction but the people that work there and the environment are still small town and closed minded. Don't expect support from the upper management and no 401K match. Insurance is getting more expensive and they now test your blood for traces of tabacco in order to earn your discount for health insurance. A little invasive I think.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Travel Assignment @ Renown
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 10:30:01