Travel Nursing Tips - Advice for travel nurses

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Travel Nursing Tips - Advice for travel nurses

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 05:11 pm
Travel Nursing Tips - Advice for travel nurses
This is a thread for travel nurses to share their tips and advice about travel nursing. Please make sure to check the announcements forum to see if we are running any contests as you may be able to win prizes for sharing a good tip.

josieb

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 09:53 am
Tips-Join a Sports League
The best advice I can give to nurses coming into a new city on assignment is to join a league or some type of activities club in the area. I joined a basketball league when I went assignment up in Portland, and now that I am in San Diego I participate in Vavi Sports-which is a local social sports club. You make local friends easily, plus get some exercise and invitations to social events.

soccerrules

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 10:36 am
Quick Licensure
For me, when I want to make some money (fast) I always get an assignment with a state that either has a compact license with a state I already have a license in, or I go on assignment in a state where I can do a walk through to get a license.

States with walk throughs that I know of include: California, Maryland, Arizona, Washington D.C., South Carolina, Missouri and Hawaii.

km 1

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 03:52 pm
resource tip
i use yelp.com to get tips on restaurants, salons, entertainment venues, bars, outdoor activities, etc.....

I really recommend it. Better than most city guides out there.

jules23

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 09:47 am
Travel Nursing Tip
Right now considering the nursing job market is no bueno, I would say my best tip is be open to anywhere and everywhere. Flexibility is going to be key for you to get a nurse job. Best of luck to all the travel nurses out there!

SchirgRN

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2009 02:44 pm
soccerrules,

what do you mean by a walk through license?

steveh 1

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 05:09 pm
Walk through license
Walk through refers to a state which allows a nurse to go to the board of nursing office at that state with the proper paperwork filled out and will issues the license as quickly as 1 day or 3 weeks.

morekeys

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 06:37 pm
I have to agree that being open is the best tip. My first assignment was one of the last places I thought that I would ever want to go. It was the highest paid so I took it. It was the most beautiful and the most exciting place I have ever been and so far it is my favorite.
Be open.... and open minded, relaxed, and have fun.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Travel Nursing Tips - Advice for travel nurses
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 09:40:27