want to breach agreement with O'grady Peyton

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » want to breach agreement with O'grady Peyton

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

irissg

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 02:12 am
want to breach agreement with O'grady Peyton
Hi I'm a RN from Singapore. I signed an agreement with O'grady Peyton in year 2004 based on the verbal promise that they would take 18 to 24 months to get me to US. However due to immigration policy changes, more than double of that time has passed, and I have no more patience with them. The problem is the agreement did not specify any Expiry Date, and I have to pay OGP a large amount of money if I breach it. Anyone have similar experience? Any suggestions for me?

peachy13rn

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 04:19 pm
What do you have in WRITING? In other words, what have you signed? Have you signed any paperwork? Have you signed an actual contract yet? There is no way they can hold you to a verbal agreement. Don't let them bully you.

irissg

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 09:26 am
want to breach agreement with OGP
Yes, I did sign an written agreement with them Sad I showed it to some older friends recently and they all said it's a very unfair one, without an expiry date even!

2542Daniel7

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 12:11 pm
I'm not sure where this travel agency is based, but I wouldn't worry about being committed to them. If you broke the contract, it would be up to them to try to collect the money. They would probably threaten to take you to court if you didn't pay, but I doubt that they would as it would be too much trouble for them. If you haven't heard from them, maybe you should just go your own way and not have any more contact with them. however I'm not a lawer, so I am not legally advising you.
By the way, my wife if from the Philippines and she used to work in Singapore. She said its a very nice, clean country where she felt very safe.

Allizar

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 02:30 am
Are you currently working for them? Are you on hold waiting for them to get you to the US? What would signify a breach of contract?

It's more or less impossible to give any specific advice without reading the contract, but I know I would not pay them off.

rntraveler

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2010 08:37 pm
Contract
There is a very large group of companies that are commonly referred to as the "evil empire" due to the fact that they are very large, low ball nurse's and couldn't care less about you..but they do advertise lot's and have lot's of nurse's that don't know better.

That being said there are many forum's for nurse's and if you google "pan Traveler's" that is an association for travel nurse's to help them with issues like this contract you are in. They also have retained a lawyer ..

http://www.pantravelers.org./

anamica

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 01:05 am
Re: want to breach agreement with O'grady Peyton
irissg wrote:
Hi I'm a RN from Singapore. I signed an agreement with O'grady Peyton in year 2004 based on the verbal promise that they would take 18 to 24 months to get me to US. However due to immigration policy changes, more than double of that time has passed, and I have no more patience with them. The problem is the agreement did not specify any Expiry Date, and I have to pay OGP a large amount of money if I breach it. Anyone have similar experience? Any suggestions for me?

hey,I am in a very similar situation, The biggest blunder I did In my life is enrolling with OGP.Are you still with ogrady.what you did??I am still waiting for my US visa..i dont think it will happen anytime in future..please let me know what is your status..mail me [email protected]

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » want to breach agreement with O'grady Peyton
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/16/2024 at 04:04:31